Tarchinoko's Odst Wip (Pic Heavy On Multiple Pages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
spartan-005 said:
loooking really good man working on peping my odst chest right now its being a pain in the ass tho.

yeah it is a bit of a frustrating build, but once you have it done its surprisingly strong and easy to resin.

Last edited by a moderator:
tarchinoko said:
yeah it is a bit of a frustrating build, but once you have it done its surprisingly strong and easy to resin.

Thats good, im in the middle of my chestplate as well and I was just wondering that! good to know

UPDATE!!!

I have just finished pepping the hip plate, commencing on the knee guard:

P1000241.jpg

Dont think ive pepped this particularly well at the bottom of the center indent thing, but not all is lost, the rest is decent and I can fix this with filler.

P1000242.jpg

Hopefully this knee will be pepped by the end of the night (should do), and I will be resining both pieces 2mrw. Hopefully my progress shall pick up in the next 2 weeks as I will have the material to work from home rather than a studio 1 & a half hours away from home.

Critique welcome

Another update:

Managed to finish the knee last night but fell aleep b4 posting a pic so here it is.

P1000243-1.jpg

I have managed to resin the hip and knee plates, here they are:

P1000253.jpg

Spot anything? well one of the hip plates warped slightly at the back just wanna know whether its worth re pepping and re resining to fix this or should ct and re resing that part only:

P1000254.jpg

Also yesterday I managed to pick up a back tac vest for the armor:

P1000257.jpg

P1000256.jpg

great job so far man, just one posable issue is with the tac vest it might non work because of the fact that on the sides its velcro, but i could be wrong, i could work perfectly, anywho good luck man.

//Jeremy

DevilFish101 said:
great job so far man, just one posable issue is with the tac vest it might non work because of the fact that on the sides its velcro, but i could be wrong, i could work perfectly, anywho good luck man.

//Jeremy

why would the velcro make it not work? I could use the velcro to help mount my armor. I know there is a problem about the shoulders not being proper straps buti can cover them in cloth and sew a strap down the middle. *hopefully*

Thanks for the heads up though

tarchinoko said:
why would the velcro make it not work? I could use the velcro to help mount my armor. I know there is a problem about the shoulders not being proper straps buti can cover them in cloth and sew a strap down the middle. *hopefully*

Thanks for the hed up though

The vest is perfectly ok, the problem is you shouldnt use velcro to mount your armor.

Use straps and buckles instead.

sorry i didnt mean not work i ment to say it will be hard to get all the peices on, unless you do what you said you would do which is to mount the peices on with velcro, sorry for the confusion :p

//Jeremy

DevilFish101 said:
sorry i didnt mean not work i ment to say it will be hard to get all the peices on, unless you do what you said you would do which is to mount the peices on with velcro, sorry for the confusion :p

//Jeremy

Its ok Dude, just try to be correct next time :p

Another update:

First layer of filler is on the knee and has been sanded. Went through a whole sheet sanding just the knee! Anyways second and third layers should be going on tonight, stay tuned.

P1000260.jpg

P1000261.jpg

P1000262.jpg

*edit*

Second layer of filler is on and sanded, put some gray primer on it to show you guys. Still needs some touching up here and there but this filler usually needs about 3 layers.

P1000269.jpg

P1000268.jpg

P1000270.jpg

P1000271.jpg

Sorry for the double post but I thought this update might be worthy of a bump.

I have finished both the knee and chest plate, the chest plate has been molded and the knee is currently in the process of being molded.

I have painted my original chest plate and to be honest, I hate how there are large blotches that are silver, I like the scratches and the Grey color (gunship Grey in case you are wondering) though.

PICS

P1000322.jpg

P1000323.jpg

This pic is just a size ref:

P1000321.jpg

tarchinoko said:
Sorry for the double post but I thought this update might be worthy of a bump.

I have finished both the knee and chest plate, the chest plate has been molded and the knee is currently in the process of being molded.

I have painted my original chest plate and to be honest, I hate how there are large blotches that are silver, I like the scratches and the Grey color (gunship Grey in case you are wondering) though.

Yeah, if it was me. I would try re-painting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back