Tarchinoko's Odst Wip (Pic Heavy On Multiple Pages)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I have a stencil but I was so excited to be painting my first pull that I miss placed it. It seems my paint skills could use a bit of an upgrade but only through error can that be achieved. Tomorrow I hope to go out and buy a white paint pen, that in combination with the stencil will make for some sexy lettering :)

Oh and you probably missed it cuz I named it badly originally, it used to be called: Get ready to drop!

Another update

I have finished molding the other equip plate, I used a layered mold with a plaster mother mold this time to save silicone.

P1000349.jpg

Now I am casting both of these in plaster this time, this was brought on by a number of reasons:

1. I am a moron (explained by number 3)

2. Plaster is easy to carve and sand

3. pure resin has to be one of the most difficult things to sand on earth!!!!

P1000350.jpg

Ah..long lost brothers reunited at last.

P1000352.jpg

And heres pix for size refrence:

P1000347.jpg

P1000348.jpg

If you're wondering why the right equip plate is broken slightly its cuz I casted the right equip plate twice because the first cast had that part crack off cuz I was to rough with removing it from the mold.

Heres the final part I have filler on the hip plate and started filling the tiny holes on the surface of the equip plates.

P1000353.jpg

tarchinoko said:
Another update

I have finished molding the other equip plate, I used a layered mold with a plaster mother mold this time to save silicone.

P1000349.jpg

Now I am casting both of these in plaster this time, this was brought on by a number of reasons:

1. I am a moron (explained by number 3)

2. Plaster is easy to carve and sand

3. pure resin has to be one of the most difficult things to sand on earth!!!!

P1000350.jpg

Ah..long lost brothers reunited at last.

P1000352.jpg

And heres pix for size refrence:

P1000347.jpg

P1000348.jpg

If you're wondering why the right equip plate is broken slightly its cuz I casted the right equip plate twice because the first cast had that part crack off cuz I was to rough with removing it from the mold.

Heres the final part I have filler on the hip plate and started filling the tiny holes on the surface of the equip plates.

P1000353.jpg

WOW PURE awesomeness

Keep up the good work man:D

Last edited by a moderator:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsxVL3oLW1M[/media]

Will post another vid when finished the SMG.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq2dA8GUmXE[/media]

I finished sanding the first layer of filler on the hip plate:

P1000355.jpg

P1000354.jpg

The fiberglass support for the chest plate is finished and the support for the knee is also done, currently casting out of the knee mold:

P1000356.jpg

P1000357.jpg

I have another update:

This is the first cast from the knee mold, I is warped and that is cuz my resin shrinks...alot so im waiting on some smooth cast.

P1000358.jpg

P1000359.jpg

Okay I hope that all tides you over because it is time for me to go back to boarding school! This means that unfortunately I wont be able to do anymore updates for 5 weeks. See you guys when I get back!

Your work looks amazing. And you work really fast. lol Good luck with everything at school and see you when you get back.

As soon as I'm back im gone again... Ive been back the last week, but with chinese new year... I'm sorry to say I haven't made much progress. However, I do intend to enlighten you guys on what I have been doing.

Progress since my return:

Hip plate has had its second coat of filler (no pic)

Starter pepping the ODST helemt

P1000392.jpg

P1000391.jpg

I know not much, but ive also been thinking about things. Here is what ive decided. Im not going to try and sculpt the centre equipm plate, its just too thinck and some angles will be tricky. I have decided I will sculpt the crotch plate and belt plate however, and I have been thinking about paint jobs. I think my primary colour will be gun metal, I will then throw in a navy blue for accent colour.

A lil demonstration of my colour scheme at work:

Chestplate-1.jpg

Helmet will have the gun metal colour aswell.

helmet.jpg

Pls tell me what you think of the colour scheme and paint job ideas :)

Oh and if any of you are reading this thread for the first time please have a look through to familiarize yourself with my progress if you wish :)

hey nice job tarch. im likeing the paint scheme. its different and also a good choice of colors. you sould add a little more detail to the same side. maybe another thinner stripe next to the bigger stripe. keep it up bro.

That's sme nice progress on the helmet. Your bondo filler alternative is good too. I also really like the color scheme, it will look awsome :D

Thanks for the comments guys :) im expecting to either finish the helmet in Easter or at least be coming to the end of finishing it.

VERY nice work so far! The vest you are using is actually exactly the one I'd like to use for my ODST build. Did you buy it online? If so, could you provide a link? I've been searching and have found a few vests that are close, but not exactly what I want.

carpathiavh99 said:
VERY nice work so far! The vest you are using is actually exactly the one I'd like to use for my ODST build. Did you buy it online? If so, could you provide a link? I've been searching and have found a few vests that are close, but not exactly what I want.

No I didnt buy it online but with a few minutes of searching online I did find what its called and a distributor. Its from a company called Eagle Industries and its a regular molle vest from them, heres the link: http://www.eagleindustries.com/product.php?productid=51&cat=78&page=1 Its a US distributor (I think) so that should be quite useful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back