The Official 405th Rp 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leegrisham

RULES
1.) There will be no 'godmodding' within this RP.
2.) Taking control of someone else character, without their permission (bunnying, as the legends put it) will result in the relevant punishment.
3.) No spam. If I see spam I'll ask you to remove it. This includes posts not relevant to the RP. If you have a question, post it elsewhere or PM me.
4.) One-sentence posts are prohibited and likewise discouraged. Make it interesting, people.
5.) This RP is set loosely within the Halo universe, sometime after the events of Halo 3. All characters wanted, but please. We want regulars as well as SPARTANs who can haul turrets around. ODSTs, crewmembers, marines, AI? All welcome. Mix it up.
6.) Please post your PROFILE in the other topic. Here.
7.) To Collaborate with other PRers please use the 405th RP Critique or PM the particular writer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sangheli were a warrior species an alien species that could be compared only to the Human civilization of Sparta. Sangheli specifically bred for ferocity and keen combat skills, even the non-combatant members were bred for highest intelligence, strength, combat skills and aptitude in the role they were to fill. In other words whether you were a combatant, scientist, spiritual councilor or agricultural engineer you had been bred for that specific purpose and over centuries of selective breeding Sangheli had weeded out and perfected their species. There were NO defects in the Sangheli genome. There was however one group that had been specifically designed by the Sangheli. Eight of them engineered and trained with one purpose in mind - to destroy SPARTANs. Ultimately there purpose was null as Covenant was broken and the Humans and SPARTANs ultimately became Sangheli allies. That was not the end of their story though; they were trained to follow orders and complete missions, so when they were told to take orders from Humans and to be allied with them they followed the obediently. Probably the most interesting part of their story, however, was when they were shipped to Earth. A Sangheli/Human initiative that was above top secret. Only a select few of the ONI and Sangheli High Council knew about this arrangement. This secret directive - SS1532 As what could only be explained as a revamping and revitalization of the SPARTAN II Program. Dr Hasely's old files were studied and replicated to the T, except ramping up the requirements for training, the regemin for Humans would have been un-fulfilling for Sangheli it was decided. It was also decided that - where they had pushed the limits with enhancements on Humans - that the Sangheli would have plenty of room for increased dosages - they were right. Engineers had taken to the drawing boards revising the Mark VI MJLINOR armor to fit and complement the new Sangheli wearers. The Sangheli MK VI would be a first on two fronts, the first full body armor, save EVA Gear, and the first powered suit of armor any Sangheli had ever equipped.

Deep inside the bowels of a secret training facility on Earth there were 8 Sangheli who upon first inspection looked just like any regular Sangheli save a half foot or so, but these 8 were not like a normal Sangheli, they reacted quicker, they had bones strong as titanium, they were faster, smarter, stronger - better. In every way conceivable. They had become...
SPARTANs.

Last edited by a moderator:
^.^ I'm starting me and LastSpartan off
------------------------------------------------

Horus thought quietly to himself, this next move could mean winning or losing, half of the crew was riding on this next decision. Horus tapped his fingers together trying to think of all possible solutions and finally extended his arm plucking a piece from the crowd of the army. The board was divided into two sides, a holographic side and a steel side, meant for Human vs A.I. games. A small group of the crew were all sitting around, near breathless, half of them betting on the game for fun. The piece flickered and moved from one spot to another, Horus grinned and looked up to Fred.

"Check...."

(Spartan Repost :p)

Mark raised his hand and crossed his arms. He hated defeating, even more when in front of his crewmen. He moved his right Bishop 2 cases in front of his king's treat. The spectators gasped a "Woah".

"You'll need more forces to get me, Horus. I thought our past games gave you a lesson." He said with a smile.

He carefully watched the AI for his next move.

Horus raised an Eyebrow, cocking his head slightly to the left. He picked up his Rook and swept aside the Bishop. Though leaving his Knight exposed. He hesitated for a minute, the Knight was what he was most experience in using. He calmly placed the Rook and looked up.

"Check"

Mark's smile faded. He nodded, looking at the chess table. The Knight was without defense. Any attacks on the Knight would result in the death of his attacker. Mark stood up, taking his com pad in his hand.

"Bridge, I want a Sit Rep"

The crew left slowly. It was the first time Mark left in the middle of a game. But he wasn't a simple soldier anymore, and being a captain included lots of responsabilities. Mark left the room and walked in to the bridge.

"Get the rest of the crew out of cryo"

Mark took place in his seat. He watched as the lasts men and women took place on their stations on the bridge.

Horus flickered on the pedestal next to Fred.

"Sore Loser" he slightly grinned

A panel appeared in front of Horus he started to type on it, a sign that he was working.

"The rest of the crew is waking up, 2 minutes"
------------------------------------------------------------
Athena gave a small shrug before looking behind her to Fred.

"Not good sir. I have good news and bad news, The good news is that we will be in drifting distance* to Reach soon. The bad news is that our Shaw-Fujikawa Drive's Outer Radiation shield was blown to hell and now the drive is degrading and we are constantly losing speed. The outer Radiation shield was blown to hell. If the speed continues to decrease at its current rate it is now, we will be there in a week."

drifting distance*-Distance in which the planet is in sight and can drift as a convoy of tow ships could pull it into the nearest Station for repairs.

UNSC Cruiser Hellbringer: Cryo Station 01

Senior Chief Petty Officer Spartan-II Mark-107 Woke up from Cryo, vision blurred and head spinning. The Freezing always got to him. He saw a Shipman at the controls in front of him. He said "Welcome Back Sir.". The Spartan Got out of the Pod, staggered to His Feet, then Briefed with the Soldier.
"Any Attacks yet?"
"No Sir. Smooth Sailing"
"Siegfried?"
"Piloting the Ship Sir."
"Very Good", said Mark. The Giant Silver Armored Soldier walked over to the Shield Generator. Knowing what to do.
"You sure you don't need a Vision Check Sir?", said the Shipman.
"I'm good", said Mark, Taking his place in the Shield Generator.
"Alright, starting Shield Generator"
Mark saw the Spinning Lights surround him like a Force Field, then stop.
Mark Headed out the door, going to the Armory, when the Shipman asked "Sir, why do you hate Cryo?"
The Spartan turned around and said simply "Augmentation", then walked out the Door.

"What is the radiation level near the drive? If it's safe enough, send one more team on it"

Mark walked next to his radar officer.

"Check the slipspace exit. Make sure any Rebel reinforcement follows us."
"Yes sir!"

Alone, and with a damaged drive, Fred wasn't sure his ship could handle many assailants. He also doubt his ship could handle another jump. Some jumps with a working drive had gone bad in the past years. Imagine with a damaged one...

EDIT : I just noticed we are 2 Mark, so I'll change my name for Fred

"Inside? Yes, Alpha and Beta Particle Density is low enough for another team to go in, with a RAD Suit of course."
------------
"All Crew are wide and awake, medic team is currently running examinations."

Thanks LastSpartan. Now lets get on with mine:

Mark walked into the Armory, it was slightly crowded, 15 marine and 6 ODSTS. He walked over to the Officer Lockers, and opened his. He pulled out 16 Frag Grenades for his Special Grenade Dispensers, meant to hold 4 of 4 Types of Grenades, But this was all he had. He then Pulled out a Machete. This Machete was a Machete he Found during the Battle of Reach in a Ruined Mansion. The Blade was worn out yet still strong, and was made of a Mixture of Metals to create a Strong and Sharp Blade. The Guard was Brass, and the Handle was made of Ebony Wood. The Sheath was a Custom Made Steel Carbon Fiber Covered Sheath with Grips to Connect to his Armor to Hold. He closed the Locker and walked out of the Armory. At the doorway, all the soldiers in the room said "Welcome back, Sir."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark entered the Bridge, he went to the Commander's Seat with Crewman Saluting Him as he walked by.
He sat in the Commander's Seat and said "Siegfried, Status Report."
A Figure of a Yellow Male wearing a Polo and Slacks and Messy Hair appeared on the Pedestal, this was the A.I. Siegfried.
"All crew are on the Ship. Weaponry Is in Order. And You Finally woke up."
"Ha Ha", said Mark Flatly. "Were are we?"
"Near the Site of Where The Planet Onyx was. I can tell by the Chunks of Green and Metal Technology Flying around."
"Fine enough with me. What do we do now?"
"I Don't know, you're the Captain."
"That's Right.", said Mark.

Flash Back:
As Joe awoke, he could tell something wasn't right. He pulled up the internal clock on his HUD. It should be days before he was waken from Cryo sleep. He got up from the cryo-tube a bit light headed. 'Thants what cryo-sleep does to yah,' he thought, 'I've got to remember to ask for normal travel next time.' He stepped from the tube and the normal tech showed up to great him.
<blockquote>"Morning Jeff," he greeted the tech.
"Nice to see you up and about, sir. I'm afraid we will not be doing this again for a while," Jeff said.
"Why not? Something wrong?"
"Well, I suppose I should let you in on the reason behind your premature un-freezing. Your being re-assigned."
"The hell I am. I have been working with Commander Stone and this crew since I was battle-ready."
"Well, orders are orders, sir. Commander Stone and Captain Xenda want a word with you. I gather they will be explaining this matter in greater detail."
"Alright, I'll head up to the bridge. Jeff, do something for me while I'm gone. Don't die. Your the only tech I've met that isn't a smart-ass."
"I'll keep that in mind," Jeff smiled. </blockquote>
Joe proceeded down the corridors towards the bridge. 'Stone better have a good reason for this transfer.' When he arrived at the bridge, Stone and Xenda where discussing something. Joe didn't care much, so walked up and saluted his commander.
<blockquote>"Spartan-074 reporting as commanded."
"Good to see you, Cheif, but I don't think it will be for long," Stone said.</blockquote>
Stone was rather young to be a commander for a battle group, but that's just what he was. He had commanded the
Smite Fleet for about 3 years now, the youngest to ever do so. Still young, the UNSC decided against letting him go alone into battle, despite his record, so they assigned the Elite, Xenda to aid him in his command. Xenda was an old vet of the Elite Rebellion and was one of the Arbiter's greatest men. Now, under the request of the Arbiter, he stayed behind on Earth and was enlisted in the UNSC. He was assigned with Stone soon after his first assignment went for the worst. He didn't like talking about it.
<blockquote>Xenda spoke now, "Yes I am afraid so. You have been re-assigned to the Flagship,
Indianapolis. Spartan 137 requested your aid on a mission of high importance."
"Justin, didn't he just get back from the Makkos incedent?"
"How did you ... never mind, Command confirmed the orders. Your leaving tomorrow." Stone calmly said.
"To bad, I was beginning to like the place. I'll go and get ready."</blockquote>

Present Time:
Joe was in the SPARTAN barracks aboard the Indianapolis. 'I wonder who's Justin picked to acopine us. He's aways liked having one stealth guy and a wild card with him.' Joe thought. Suddenly a voice sounded in his helmet.
<blockquote>"My guess would be Charlie."
"Kirk, how in the world did you get here. I thought you were with Burk on the Revered."</blockquote>
Joe's AI, Kirk, appeared on the bunk across from him. He's appearence resembled a regular marine, plus his signature bandanna around his mouth.
<blockquote>"You know me, I can always up-link myself wirelessly. You really need to close some of those internet ports. It was easy this time."
"Doesn't Stone and Xenda need you to help Burk run the fleet."
"Nah, Burk told me he could handle it."
"And you believed him."
"Naturally. Plus, Stone had it coming. He really should have warned me that you where leaving."
"True. Well, I guess I wont be going crazy any time soon. What was that you mentioned about Charlie?"
"Well, Spartan-601 is the only SPARTAN that 137 would have wanted for any secret mission."
"What the hell for, the guys a flame head."
"Well you better get use to it, because he's arriving soon."</blockquote>

Mark Sat calmly in his seat, after a while he fell asleep. 30 Minutes Later He Woke up to see nothing beyond the front of the ship but Dust and Stars, when a Slipspace portal opened in front of the Ship and a Ship shot straight from it, causing the crew to fall over and stagger and the whole ship to shake.
"What the hell was that!", shouted Mark
Siegfried flickered onto the Pedestal, "Don't Know! Scanning.... Nothing the UNSC Has ever Seen!"
Mark got up from the floor, "Well we're gonna find out".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark rushed into the Armory. He ran into the weapons storage, grabbed an Assault Rifle and a Shotgun,and went over to a Pedestal. Siegfried appeared on it.
"Put me in your head, now!'
Mark Put his hand on the Pedestal and Siegfried went into Mark's helmet.
Siegfried said "Not bad as I remembered. For some reason it's Roomier in your Head than I remembered."
Mark ran out into the corridors and to the nearest airlocks. When he got there, Marines and ODSTS were waiting at the Airlocks. Mark stood in front of the Middle Airlock, when the Bumblebee Escape pod in there was sucked out. Then a Dark Gray Rounded Rectangular Pod came in the Airlock, then stopped. A swoosh sound was heard, then some banging. Then the door blew open and killed 3 marines and an ODST in the Process.
A figure appeared in the Smoke. When It cleared Mark said "What the Hell is that........."

The UNSC Cruiser Indianapolis dropped out of slip-space at the pre-determined point, only a million kilometers from the rest of the battle group. The massive vessel's sleek grey hull stuck out against the inky darkness of space. The sub-space engines igniting, glowing a brilliant blue, brighter then Sol, and the ship gracefully accelerated towards the battle group.

"Excellent manuevering, Havoc. I see that your mind is ready to accept complicated missions." Captain Mark Vadik spoke to the AI, while looking out of the front view-port on the Indianapolis' bridge.

"Thank you, Captain. It is always nice to hear ones work complemented.", the AI returned. The figure stood 18" tall on the holopad. The AI was wearing a 21st century helicopter gunship pilot's uniform, and spoke with a slight Russian accent. He had chosen to name himself after the gunship of the same name, after reading the reports of their superb fight records. His body glowed with a slight green hugh.

"Your more then welcome, Havoc. Has SPARTAN-137 arrived with SPARTAN-071? And has 601 been transferred from the the Miecznikowski?"

"Yes sir, they arrived aboard a Pelican 5 minutes ago with some special equipment. 071 was moved to one of the Med bays. Charlie-601 was brought aboard on one of the transferring Longsword divisions. I think they are meeting now." The AI pulled up a screen, on it, 137 and 601 where walking down a corridor towards the barracks, where 074 was.

"Good. Call up the Incarnate. I need to speak with Valstaff." Vadik turned away from the view port and looked to a screen, which lit up and showed the bridge of the Incarnate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, pressures green. Go ahead and open the hatch." The Pelican's pilot spoke over the PA in a clipped Texan accent.

The medical crew complied and released the seal on the drop hatch, letting it fall to the deck on its hydraulic arms. They wheeled SPARTAN-071 Ericka off of the transport, moving her towards one of the Med bays for advanced treatment.

From the darkness, SPARTAN-137 stepped down off of the Pelican's blood tray into the large hangar. Overhead, Longswords where mechanically pulled into their docking ports, and around him Warthogs where racing past.

A lone figure walked towards Justin. He too, was a SPARTAN, and towered over the other personel. When he stopped in front of him, he saluted, quick and crisp.

"Sir, it's good to see you." Charlie, like all the other SPARTANs, had no distinguishable accent.

"You can dispense with the 'Sir', Charlie. It's just temporary." Justin returned the salute, pulling two fingers across his face plate.

Charlie returned the gesture. "Thanks, Justin. Didn't actually want to go through that crap this mission. What are we up to?"

"You'll hear about it soon enough. First, we need to find Joe. I don't want to repeat myself." Justin motioned to the packs he had brought. "Put one of those on. I'll take the spare."

Charlie obliged and followed as Justin walked towards the nearest corridor, heading towards the barracks.

They walked silently, weighed down by the immense packs they wore. Arriving at the door for the SPARTAN quarters, Charlie pulled out a silver lighter and ignited it as Justin keyed the password into the console.

"Still carrying that thing with you?" Justin finished off the password and the door opened. He looked to Charlie, who was gazing at the flame. With a casual flick, Justin snapped the lighter shut and stepped into the room.

SPARTAN-074 sat on a bunk. Justin's display flickered and the ghostly image of a marine materialized on the bunk across from Joe. Justin nodded, and deposited the third pack on Joe's bunk, sitting down on a bench. Charlie sat down next to the marine's image, flicking the lighter again and staring at the flame.

"Allright, Joe, Charlie. It's time to fill you in on our next mission." Immediately, Charlie extinguished the lighter and was listening. "We are preparing for a stealth operation over a Covenant Loyalist world, the first we've ever attempted. Officially, that is. SPARTAN-IIIs engaged a number of worlds before our time." He paused, letting the silence speak for his brethren.

"Our mission is demolitions. Our orders are to destroy as many vital Loyalist structures as possible. Charlie here, will be carrying our demolition equipment, and some incendiary weapons." Charlie made a slight gesture, clearly excited. "I will be carrying a cut down M247, and will be providing close support to Charlie. Joe, you aren't under orders, but if you can, I would like you to carry our sniper and provide long range support and recon."

Charlie spoke up, "Justin, this is great and all, but how are we going to get to the surface of this world? 'Specially when there'll be about a million Covy soldiers waiting for us?"

"Have you read the mission report from the Reach engagement? You know the SPARTANs in that Pelican?" When both SPARTANs nodded, Justin continued. "Well, it's just like that. Those packs'll make it a bit easier, though."

A Huge Figure appeared from the Smoke, a Quarter higher than the size of a Brute. It was a Green Squid-Like Being that had A Body and Legs of a Normal Human, but its Head was rounded and Had a Mask with fluid tubes connected to Tanks on the back of it's body, and the Arms were Tentacles that were Binded together with Metal Bands, and the Hands were Robotic Prosthetics, and the Being was wearing Gun Steel Grey Armor on it's Chest. The Being Lunged at Mark, but he took out his Machete and Stabbed it in the Chest. The Creature stumbled back then fell to the ground, it spurted a glowing Cerulean Blood from it's body. More of these creatures ran out of the pod, and they were all struck down by Mark and the Soldiers.
Siegfried then said to Mark,"That was Weird. Bet you there are way more."
"Yep. Lets call em' Squids."
"Good Name."
"And Let's find some more."

The light of distant stars glinted off Titanium-A plates. Nearby, engine cowlings glowed red, and cooled to a dull grey. No flame is visible, no sign of light. They're running cold. Like thousands of sheilds, overlapping scales of Titanium form the sides of this mighty leviathon. Silently, scores of doors slide open, and the ship tilts. Bursts of five seed-like pods fire out from the belly of the Frigate, and hang, like drops of molten metal, weigthless in space. Rockets fire, slowing the pods to a stop.
Light glints from a transparent panel near the front of the ship. A face stares out.

Commander Joanna Verdana stared out from the bridge of the UNSC Frigate the Caffinated Fury. She turned from the Window, and faced the bridge. A small figure appeared in the holotank. Eighteen inches tall, and clad in a holographic tuxedo, Carlos smiled.
"The stealth HEV drop test seems to be a success. I've sent out pelicans to retreive the ODSTs."
"Yes. Hopefully it will be as successful on the actual run. Contact the spectators, and find out if any of them detected us.
"Will do."
Joanna smiled as the Holographic figure melted away. This stealth ODST insertation would be much more safe than the more common version. And as the attack was on a Covenant world, getting as many men onto the world safely was important. She'd lost too many troops over the years to needlessly waste lives.
Carlos zoomed back into view on the 'tank.
"I've contacted the spectators. We came in too hot, and left a heat trail. They were able to plot a trajectory and estimate the location of the HEVs. I've run the calculations and if we accelerate by an eighth again, but cut off the engines two minutes earlier, we should be good."
"Good. Do it." Joanna braced herself as the ship banked away, readying for a second run.

The Battle Group Manifestation gently held its place, floating endlessly through space awaiting the time its brothers and sisters would arrive. The most noticeable UNSC ship within the Manifestation had to be the UNSC INCARNATE
as it was double the size of the largest cruise the UNSC had to offer. It gleamed lightly with the bouncing light from the closest star, its dark metallic colors of black and red blended the hull of the ship nicely with the dark cold space around them.

The Incarnate was built as a new prototype flag-ship for the UNSC. An immense amount of technological break-through was imbued within its hulls, even a bit of the mysterious material that had been recovered from Makos. Oni operatives had kept it a secret even from its own Admiral. Unlike the immense powers the Loyalists were able to unlock from the power generator material, Oni had found an opposite way to uses its power. Instead of holding power they were able to multiple released power. What effects from this material upon its opposite use would soon be known with the new encounter.

'Kayln, you sure this is all the information we have on this material?' Valstaff asked.

'Yes sir, our Oni datalogs show that Material 787, is highly unstable, and that it took engineers a few good decades to use the material within the Incarnate. Here,' she said as she illuminated over his chair, pulling a data sheet of the Incarnate, the picture of ship lit up in areas where the material was stored and used in the Goliath Cannon firing sequence. It initially stores up suppressive fluctuated power firing off the 4000-ton ferric-tungsten round, but due to the extra ton it carries from its orbital platform type, it requires more power to successfully launch it and the material is what allows that. It takes in energy from the initial start up process and triples it due to its highly unstable and combustible effects.

'Alright so on to something else. Has the other ships received the transmission yet. Most of the ships on that Battle Group are usually scattered across UNSC Space holding its ground.' Valstaff added.

'UNSC logs show that all ships enlisted part of Battle Group Art of War , have been notified and a few have already made slipspace jumps to our location. ETA shows six days, nine hours, thirty-two minutes and eight seconds before arrival of the first ship. I do recommend going over synchronization with the other ships and if you wouldn't mind Admiral I would like to check up on Major General Akalar if that would be alright?' Kayln said hovering over Valstaff's arm chair.

'Yes that would be fine, I'll communicate with the other ships.' he replied. As he tapped his data pad and a communication port was opened on the BattleMap.

------------

The brutes waited cautiously, smelling their prey. 'THAT WAY' one of them growled, and the others began moving through the thick forest listening. They ducked behind boulders listening, waiting. There they had their chance, Marines and ODSTs were walking silently waiting for something. 'ARRGGGGHHHHH' the brute leader yelled.

The two brute packs opened fire on the soldiers only making slight glances on their armor and no real hits, as they dove for cover. "GRENADES", The decorated brute yelled. Instantly spike grenades filled the air in what would've been a free for all tag event if the soldiers weren't as smart as them. The marines keeping their heads downed gave a slight nod to one of the ODSTs, and thats when it hit. The Execution Pulse Carbine the ODST had fired a shot that was straight and true as it pierced through the foliage the brute was hiding behind and ejected out the other side of the Brutes skull.

The Marines charged forward with shotguns, filling the air with shells whenever a Brute showed its ugly face. More ODSTs had made their way around and flanked the Brutes holding them off from a retreat. The two flanks of the Marines and ODSTs had successfully locked in the Brute Packs fate, and old but still worthwhile move the Pincer Movement.

'ALRIGHT, THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH', I yelled. The Brutes suddenly disappeared, as their holographic image faded, and was replaced by Kayln's.

I pushed through the forest and made my way back to the staging area of the Holographic Training Grounds. Twenty acres of lush grass, forest, lakes, desert, jungle, any type of environment that could allow my soldiers some practice in. I was recently promoted to Major General and so as you can guess well I am in charge of the four divisions that are currently enlisted with the Incarnate.

'General, you accuracy rating showed an improved 2.2% increase to your average 96%, making a total of 98.2 percent,' Kayln said as she glided around me. She unlike other AIs doesn't like to simulate walking, to her it seems a constraint on AIs everywhere. She knows where her loyalty lies, but she believes she has some control over her matrices and by gliding and flying instead of walking shes proved her point in a young female adolescent way.
'General I was just wishing to check up on you and your squad, have the other divisions been rotated for training?' she asked.

'Yes, Kayln. I know, I know, everything is all set. Is it me or are you just trying to find some explanation for leaving the bridge?' I asked.

'In a slight non mischievous way sir?... Its that I find Naval Combat repetitive, General. Granted the Admirals unorthadox tactics do keep me on my matrices, but it rarely allows me the chance to think on my feet.' She added.

'Trust me Kayln, its not allows good. Remember that Infected Spartan, I think you've been watching that video too many times.' I replied.

'Yes, General but its exactly that, you had no plan and worked with what you had, and still succeeded.' she said with an overstated tone.

'Yeah but at the cost of muscle damage. Along with the pain and fatigue from surgey, some times i think it would be easier just being the AI.' I said with a smirk that she caught instantly.

'I guess your right as most of the time General,' She said, as she floated around me as I took off my helmet.

The staging area was simple, benches, weapon lockers, and refreshments. The Marines usually sticked to themselves but I had broke through to them and eventually everyone was open to each other, ODSTs and Marines. Still it was a wonder as to why the Incarnate never had any Spartans assigned to it.

Over the few days news that scattered ships of an old Battle Group were coming together again for this STRIKE MISSION, but it was old news. I continued training with my squads and divisions, with the new equipment, putting them and myself through a rigorous training process, which eventually led me to believe we needed a break. I didn't have much time to spend with Bethany, with my training and hers. The pelican pilots go through a bi-weekly training to make sure their skills were sufficient, Delta 231 or Bethany was top scoring Pilot within the Battle Group Manifestation, so we celebrated in the Mess Hall with all our "brothers and sisters". When we were left alone we headed back to her quarters and told stories of what it would be like back on Earth, and how amazing it would be to own a place together.

-------

'Admiral we have a slipspace signature, its the UNSC Indianapolis, They are on a steady route to us and are awaiting COM link,' Kayln exclaimed.

'Good it seems the party guests are arriving, go ahead and open COM channels, its been sometime since I've talked with Captain Vadik,' Valstaff replied, placing his hand on his chin waiting as if waiting for some news. The holographic Battle Map appeared over the Bridge and the Captains face appeared in front of Valstaff.
'Good to see you old friend, I've already finished the transfer of your enlisted Spartans, so please do tell me that you have good news of the Battle Group.'

spartan-118 groaned as he got up. he struggled to remember what happened the following day. he remembered his mission specs. spy on the covenant, check to see what they were looking for, after discovering what they were looking for... terminate. 1st. step check 2nd. step check 3rd. step check. Jake smiled when he remembered. he got out of his make shift bed went over the the table in his tent. he then took out a small mirror and a canister that held the blood from last nights victory, he took some in his hands and rubbed it in his hair he didn't like the feel of it being cold he liked it fresh from the body. he lived with it and picked up his BR-55 he made shure it was fine and in working order he checked the personal engraving. "to live and die in revenge" he then thought to him self

"where are the pelicans?"

when the flap to the tent opend suddenly an ODST came in and said
"sir commands on the line they want to speak with you.

"tell them ill be right there." replied jake

The creature lumbers past the crawl space, its head swiviling from side to side and its nose sniffing, testing the
air,searching. It stops, nose sniffing the air more intently now, its caught a scent. It knows its prey is near, it
turns its massive bulk back to face the way it has come. The dull beady eyes of a covenant Jiralhanae sweep the
corridor. It looks down towards the floor, trying to think of the most likley place vermin, such as humans, would
hide. Thats when it notices the crawl space. Bearing its teeth in some sort of sick semblence of a smile the brute
kneels down and pulls the away the grate covering the space with one hand and reaches one long ape like arm in.....

Sam Ryan woke with a start, covered in a cold sweat.
"Damn nightmares" he muttered, wiping his brow with the back of his hand "every night"
He leaned over and checked the time on the clock next to his bunk. It read 04:07.
"Crap" he said under his breath and swung his legs down on to the floor. There was no point in trying to go back to
sleep, after the nightmares he never could.
He stood up and ran his right hand over the number 3 stuble that the corps considered a haircut.
"Every night" he muttered to himself again anoyance creaping into his voice.
Calm down he thought there only dreams. He went to the locker next to his bunk, took out his pt kit and a set of
webbing into which he placed a number of 15 kilogram weights. Maybe i should see a doctor he considerd, as he had
done a thousand times before and once again came to the same conclusion and risk a unfit for duty classification, not a chance. Still, every night, tough as he was this was starting to get to him.
"Dreams again?" asked a voice in a broad australian accent.
Ryan loaded the last of the weights into the webbing and straightend up.
"Yeah" he replied, knowing what was coming next.
"you should realy see someone about them mate"
"Huh"he cuckled "not going to happen Frank"

Frank Collins was the closest thing Ryan had to a best freind. Comimg from Brisbane on the east coast of australia
Frank had been one of the instructors on Ryans intake at ODST school,he would never forget the speech he gave all
the recruits when he first met them "Any monkey can climb in an HEV and ride it to the surface,its what you do once
your groundside that determines if you have what it takes to be a real ODST", they had been close ever since. Being
a full corporal, rather than just a lance jack like Ryan, Collins was assigned his own small room abord the Conqueror but he had chosen to share it. As always even though he was a rank higher Collins had never let it come between them.
"Im serious" Collins said.
"So am I" said rayn shrugging on the webbing "not gunna happen"
"Il make that an order"
"No you wont"
"Yeah your right i wont"
"See you at breakfast,06:00" said ryan on his way out the door
Frank grunted a reply but he was already half asleep. Ryan started to run down the corridor. Frank was 2 months
short of 40 and,as he continually remarked was getting to old for all this. This was to be his last operation after this it was to be sun, sand back in oz and catching up on lost time with his daughter. Whilst hed been fighting aliens shed been growing up. She was the same age as Ryan and ,although he'd never tell frank, quite a looker too.

Ryan knew exactly where he was going, Flight deck A same as always. Although he'd only been on the ship a few weeks
he'd quickly found a place too exersize after the enevitable nightmares, it just somehow calmed him down. Thinking
once more about whether or not to see a doctor and coming to the same conclusion once again he rationalised that the
past was the past, it couldn't help him and he couldn't change it, no matter how much he wanted to. And with that
thought he headed of at top speed his pulse pounding in his ears.

----------

Captain Daniel Andrews sighed as he thumbed through the last of the ship status reports he didn't mind being left in
the dark about where he was going or what the ships objectives would be when he got there. That was part of the job.
What he did mind was being ordered to pick up two separate contingents from different ODST divisions and a battalion
of regular marine infintry, being sent to an a RV and then told to wait around for 2 weeks. Even on a ship the size
of the conqueror that many squaddies plus the aviators and regular ships crew was bound to mean trouble.
He checked the time on his wrist watch, 04:57. He sighed, he'd given up trying to sleep tonight he'd already been
draged out of bed 3 times, once for some minor scuffle between 2 of the ships longsorwd pilots, the second time
because Adria had wanted to run an emergency drill and most recently because 3 marines had picked a fight with some
ODST who was out for a run and he had subsequently beeten them all to a bloody mess. There had already been
incidents like this throughout the ship, if they didnt get orders soon civil war was going to brake out.

"Priority meesage from fleet command for you captain" came Adrias voice as she materilised on the holo pad in front
of him. Adria was the ships smart A.I, and an extremly smart one at that. She took the form of a young woman in her
20s with long, what Daniels assumed was, dark hair but it was imposible to be sure as shewas constantly shifting in
color from blue to green to purple on any number of permutations and variations.
"thank You Adria il take it in here" here was the captains ready room just of of the bridge.
"Actuly sir its a top priority message im going to need a sample of your blood to authenticate"
"Well how the hell am i going to do that?"
"Well youll have to go down to medical and give a blood sample"
"Right" he sighed "whats Nelson doing by the way?" Nelson,called so as he took his apperence and personality from
the famous British naval admiral, was the ships dumb A.I responsible for cordination of the ships airborne forces,
although Adria always said she could do it without him.
"his running combat drop simulations"
"Ok" Daniels said, he got up, walked round his desk out the door on to the bridge.
"Officer on.." someone yelled But Andrews cut them off mid sentence
"Forget it son its too early" leaving the bridge he began the walk to medical.

The trip took him about 10 minutes. Entering the medical bay he looked around to see who was there.
"Hello sir what can i do for you?" said a voice behind him, he turned to see a young docter in a white coat.
"Hey doc, the computer told me i needed to give a blood sample"
"I resent being refered to like that" said Adrias voice over the pa system.
The docror gave him a quizical look and Andrews shrugged.
"Ok" the doc said "follow me" He led of down the room and Andrews followed suit.
They stoped at a staion oposite a bunk containing a rather battered marine that, Andrews assumed, was one of the
ones who had the run in with the ODST.
"He going to be alright" Andrews said, noding at the man in the bed behind him.
"Yeah he'l be out of here by tonight" the doc said, taking out a siringe and a vile from the draw of the station.
"Hold out your arm please"
Andrews watched as the needle pirced his arm, he hated blood tests.
"All done" the doc said, as the vile filled. He got up and inserted the vile into the computer reader.
"Sample confirmed captain, please return to your ready roomto recive the message"
"I dont know if you can understan the concept Adria, but this is a long walk here and back" Andrews grumbled.
"Well you looked tired and i thouhgt you'd enjoy it"
"Yeah, Whatever"

Back in his ready room Andrews finished reading the report.
"Goddamn it" he said, throwing the data pad on the desk. The report was breif, stating that he would recive more
details at main the breifing, but he got the gist of it, forrunner technologys, massive space battles, the flood and
some sort of super mineral that could turn the war back in favour of the covenant loyalists.
"Bad news?" Adria said
"I know you read the file Adria, what do you reckon on it?"
"Airborne assult on a covenant ship building world, could go very well or horificaly badly"
"Well at least it'l get all these damn ground pounders of my ship, stow all equipment, set a corse for the
coordinates in the flie, get the crew in the freezer and rig the ship to jump call me when were ready to go"
"roger that captain" Adria said and with that they both got on with their jobs.

Mark rushed towards the next airlock, and of course, Squids had Infiltrated the Airlock. But Mark saw that there were 3 Boarding Ships that had come into the Escape Pod Hatches.
"This ones gonna be tough,", said Mark.
"Agreed.", Siegfried said.
Mark pulled out a Grenade from one of his dispensers and threw it into a Group of Squids, causing 3 to be killed. Mark noticed a Trip mine next to him, he picked it up, activated it, then threw it at the Oncoming Squids. 6 of the Squids were blown back, giving Mark a chance of attack. Mark pulled out his Shotgun then Blasted the Squids. After killing three of them, Mark Pulled out his Machete and started stabbing every Squid he saw. When he killed them all, a new Boarding Ship had gone into a Escape Hatch, and when the door opened, a Lone Squid wearing Blue Armor Ran strangely towards Mark, as if he was trying to tell him something, but Mark took no chances, he knocked out the Strange Squid. Two ODSTS Picked up the Squids arms and Drug him to the Questioning Room.
Siegfried said "That was a Weird Moment"
"Yea, it was.", replied Mark.
"Why was he Wearing Blue Armor? And why did he run like that?"
"Don't Know. Maybe he should tell us."

Earth
8 Sangheli sat in a mess hall surrounded by steel chairs walls and ceilings with a single observation room that had a glazing which only allowed those in the hall to see silhouettes of those in the room.
A voice boomed over the PA.
"Get your gear together; you're outta here in 3. Pick up's on the way".

Antu 'Nojal looked up from his empty plate - he and his squad mates were lounging during this down time between training. He was excited - this was the first time they would have left this underground facility since they arrived years ago. The slight joy sounded in his mind that he might get to see some combat.

"Antu, whats going on?" Inri 'Tudal asked.

The rest of the squad looked up to Antu - he had proven himself many times to be the most proficient in many areas. He had garnered the respect as leader to this group.

"I don't know. - Everyone gather your things meet back here in 2." Antu said.

The Mess hall fell silent for 2 hours exactly when the Elites came filling back in, carrying large cases and bags. Inside the cases their Mark VI Armor and inside the bags small personal effects and various garments. They carried the cases 2 stacked on each other and 2 Elites aiding each other to carry the large - heavy armor.

They sat everything down in a circle and then made chairs of the cases and began to talk with one another passing the remaining hour.

Sanghelios
Alse sat on an orbital platform watching sparks fly from the Splendors Vengeance.
"So the ship will have capabilities of the new mineral?" he asked one of the engineers.
"As much as we can imbue at the moment. It will afford you a couple more hits on your shields or a stronger plasma bolt, it is an either-or though. You can't do both." the engineer replied.
Alse breathed deeply and returned to his holo-pad studying the recon on this Covenant planet and these new covenant ships.

Ugco sat in a large bunker with operatives for the Ship-World invasion looking over and over data about the planet - their attack plan - and the new shields and weapons their enemies would carry. This new technology was a dark hour for the Humans and the Sangheli. Ugco was truly worried about this assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back