The Official 405th Rp 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark watched as the Boarding Ship Pulled out of the Airlock, it slowly went back and turned out of sight. The Squid piloting the Ship said to Mark over the Radio, "The Ship is Out! Go Ahead!". Mark Opened the Door and walked out into the Space Meant for the Escape Pod. He walked towards the edge. When He got to the Edge, he Looked below and saw a Massive Ship. It was Green, the front was triangular with a Long Giant Window on the front of it, the Back Of the Ship was shaped like a Diamond, and the thrusters on the Back were 2 Giant Silver Cylinders. Siegfried said, "Wow, this might be hard to Blow up."
"Yeah.", Said Mark.
Mark crouched, threw a grenade Behind him, and Jumped.

"Open fire!"
8 sniper rounds. 8 dead brutes.

"Another squad, coming up!"

Ssgt. Smith grabed his shoulder.

"Dammit! Im hit!"

"Medic!"

"Lieutenant! Ssgt Smith is hit! Spiker round to the shoulder. It's in pretty deep. Requesting permission to fall back and get the sarge some medical attention!"

The lieutenant was momentarily silen. "Denied. Were in this to the end."

the Lt. fired off 9 rounds killing 3 brutes, dammit im out he unholstered his pistol and fires 4 shots into the nearest brute. Private call for backup now, were going to be over run quickly. The private opened a com channel to all unsc personal in the area that they needed assistance immediatly. They said its a negative sir theirs no one in this area. damn the Lt. said,the marine covering the Lt. was hit in the shoulder by spiker fire, their was only 8 men left. Sgt. put a couple of charges on those two building, were fixing to blow them to hell. The Sgt. planted the charges and fell back to the platoon. He pushed the denantor and the buildings colasped into the middle of the street stopping the brutes in there tracks.

"For performing "impeccably" you sure were off'd quiet easily." She was teasing him gently but knew a Spartan's pride was their training and performance in the field. That she had learned alone from dealing with her former teammate Spartan 13. Dice held up her gautleted hand when he offered to show the vid. "I have seen the vid with Eerie. I don't need to see it again." She looked between all of them and then looked back to Antu. "It will be just us two. Simple sheilding that has been upgraded should make you try just that much harder instead of standing flatfooted with shock."

She turned her back on them and closed her external speakers. "Vega, run suit diagnostics." <Yes Dice. Would you like me to patch you through to Eerie?> "No...it can wait. The boys will meet him after I run this sim." Vega stayed silent, ran the diagnostics and gave Dice green across her HUD. The new suit was a Mark VI variant tweaked and designed with her specific modifications. The metal was a light metaloid that took a good eight months to work all the kinks out of it's creation. Although lighter, it was incredibly tough and impervious to most CQB situations. Unless there were armor piercuing rounds, an enemy would have a tougher time trying to beat the crap out of you without shields than MJOLNIR with shields.

"I'm ready when you are Antu. I'll have my BR55 and energy sword and grenade packs." Most everyone she knew carried either an assault riffle or shotgun or something else to back up the BR55. She liked being the oddball with the energy sword. She'd gone through a lot for her right to weild that weapon, and the jagged scar down along her right shoulder was reminder enough that although she might have friends among the Sangheili, in combat she was just another opponent. Resisting the urge to rub her shoulder, Dice activated her radar, placed her active camo on stand by and rerouted power from her shields to concentrate it on the chest and head areas.

Opening a single beam TEAMCOM line, Dice ping'd Antu. "Show me what you've got, Spartan."

The lieutenant tried to asess the situation quickly and effectively. He came to a simple conclusion.
"1st platoon! Listen up! We're obviously outnumbered, so we're falling back to regroup."

Corporal Hayes racked the bolt on his sniper. "Hell no! We can't just run away now!"

A greenhorn private stood up. "Respect your lieutenant's orders!"

Ssgt. Smith made a grunting noise as a medic pulled the spike out of him. "No, the Corporal's right. If we run now, all the marines who gave their lives today will have been for nothing."

Lt. Smith thought for a moment. "Agreed. Everyone, gear up; get ready to move out. Get the Jackhammer launchers to the front. We're gonna take this son-of-a-bitch out.

Fireteam Kilo slammed into the wall, as plasma sung past, where they had just been standing. John pumped his Shotgun, and leaned out, blasting away a grunt. He was yanked back by Kilo-3, allowing him to reload in cover. He leaned out again, taking down a pair of jackals who had been too slow to deploy their nigh-impenatrable energy sheilds.
"How many left?" Kilo-4 asked.
"Two more grunts, and a brute minor." John said, as he threaded shells into his weapon. "Kilo-2, see if you and Kilo-5 can take down the grunts. Kilo-3, Kilo-4, we're gonna turtle the brute." They nodded, and the three of them pulled out their specially modified deployable covers. They deployed them and crouched together so the rounded triangle sheilds overlapped into a half-sphere. Kilo-2 and Kilo-3 nodded to John that they'd dealt with the grunts.
"Lets go." The group sidled out into the view of the brute, who pulled out a mauler and began blasting at the sheild. They crept foward. John felt the weight of his shotgun disappear, to be replaced with the slim-line feel of Kilo-2's battle-rifle. Kilo-5 cocked his shotgun. The Brute fired a final shot, and quickly attempted to reload.
"Break!" John yelled. They dropped the sheilds, and Kilo-3 and -5 popped up blasting away the brutes sheild. Kilo-3, -4 and John pulled up the sheild as the brute managed to reload, allowing Kilo-2 and -5 to take a breather, and to reload. John felt his cover begin to overheat, and dropped it, as it began to fail. He swung out the Battle-Rifle, as he ducked behind Kilo-4.
"Objective completed; All comand crew has been safely evacuated. Simulation terminated."
The corridor faded, and John handed back Kilo-2's Battle-Rifle in exchange for his Shotgun.
"Good work people. Carlos, what was the score?"
"Zero casualties, 89% of enemy combatents eliminated. All Objectives completed. All in all, a good simulation. If we ever get boarded I have full faith that you'll at least give us time to get off the ship."
"Thank you. Men, dismissed. Go get yourselves cleaned up."
John walked off, towards the crew berths.
Kilo-2, Kent, removed his helmet.
"Wow, Doesn't he ever let off?"
"I dunno. He could at least learn our names." Kilo-4, Eagle, added.
"Come on guys, lay off. He probably thinks we're all about to die, and he doesn't want to get attatched." Kilo-5, Rouge, protested.
"Yeah, I heard he's lost his entire squad twice, and the last ship he was on broke in half, killing almost everyone on board." the others rolled their eyes, as Kilo-3 spoke. Still a rookie, he didn't even have any kind of nickname, and was prone to spouting all kinds of random gossip and junk. No-one knew where he got it from.
"Come on, it's true."
"Yeah, and the Sergeant's gonna melt his ice skin and become your bestest best friend." Eagle jocked, as he left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cpl. get on that roof top and provide cover for the platoon, as SSgt. Smith gets patched up. Yes Sir said the Cpl. then shot a zip line to the 3 story building and began climbing. Ok platoon make sure that we have plenty of jackhammers to take out the scarab, and private radio in some M808's, and some longswords to help us out with that scarab. Yes Sir said the private.5 minutes later..... 3 shots went off, Cpl. whats going on, Sir we got 10 jackals a block away, took out the brute, do you want me to fire on the jackals, negative we'll let the tanks have them as a present from 1st platoon. 3 m808 shots went off killing all the jackals. Sir, longsword piloit is on the radio, this is Lt. Smith commander of 1st platoon, we need you and your longswords to help us blow this scarab to hell and back, affirmative. The Lt.'s com channel opened, Sir this is alpha team bravo what do you need us to do. We need you to blow the legs off of that damn scarab. We're on it sir, good the Lt. said, oh and alpha team bravo good luck you'll need it, thanks sir. Get ready to move out team, gather weapons and ammo, Yes Sir they all said.

"Let em' rip!"

First platoon's 5 jackhammer launchers let go a volley of SPNKR missiles. The armor plates on the scarab's front left leg dissintegrated. Then, faster than lightning, the second volley let loose, blowing the back legs to hell. The scarab tilted sharply backward, causing most of the brutes to fall off and be "taken care of" by corporal Hayes. In unison, the platoon's armored brigade fired their tungsten death-rounds, blowing the back section off, reavealing a pulsating core. The Lieutenant radioed the longsword pilot.

"The core's exposed! Fire at will!"

The core began to shine a firey red as machine gun fire flared up its middle. The pilot released a flight of missiles, which all detonated pin-point in the core. The scarab began violently shaking; blue plasma misting out of it. The detonation came quickly. A large explosion of plasma sent peices of the scarab's hull everywhere.

"This is Lieutenant Smith. Tell second platoon the path is clear."

...................10 minutes later." SSgt. Smith your ready to go,sir", the medic said. "took you long enough" said SSgt.Smith. The Cpl. jump down his zip line, and ran inside the hotel. A wraith fired a shot off taking out a longsword over the com channel the Lt. heard were going down, i repeat were going down. The longsword went down right across the street from the platoon. Platoon we got a longsword down, SSgt.Smith, Cpl. Hayes provide support for the rest of the team as we go and help them out. As the Lt. leaned his head out to make sure the street was clear brute spiker rounds went down the wall nearly hitting the Lt., he moved backwards and told the SSgt. and the Cpl. to clear the street up so they could get across the street, 10 shots went off, then the cpl. came on the com saying its all clear sir."Ok, marines go and help out the poilot we're going to clear out this building, SSgt. Smith you take point", said Lt. Smith. Walking down a long hall then entering into large room.
A squad of Brutes stood there staring at the platoon. Leveling his rifle first, SSgt. Smith fired missing one of the brutes by a inch. As a response the brutes unleashed a fury of spikes, which stabed all on the left side of SSgt. Smith.
"SSgt. Smith!!!", yelled Lt. Smith, unholstering his energy sword. Lt. Smith charged the pack of brutes and jumped in the air stabbing his sword into the head of one of the brutes. Side stepping to dodge spiker rounds, A sniper round hit the other brute in the head, the shot was from Corporal Hayes. The chieftain raised his gravity hammer and slammed it down right in front of the Lt. throwing him into a wall, the Lt. tasted fresh blood in his mouth. The Lt. slugishly rose with his energy sword in his hand ready for the brute. " GET OUT OF HERE I'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!!!"said SSgt. Smith as he coughed up blood. Lt. Smith and Corporal Hayes ran out of the room, hearing 4 shots from a sniper rifle and 4 brutes yelling as the bullets made contact. SSgt. Smith noticing the chieftain's missing eye and part of his jaw, this was the brute that killed his family on harvest. SSgt. Smith had given that scar to the brute with a knife to protect himself." Well, this changes everything" said SSgt. Smith. The chieftain walked up and lifted his hammer to deal the finnishing blow. SSgt. pulled a denator out of his back pouch and said "DIE BITCH, I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL","CLICK". An explosion went off and the building collasped.

"NO!"

Corporal Hayes dropped to his knees.

Sarge! Why'd you have to die?! Hicks dies, you die... AAAGHHHH!!

The lieutenant was confused. "Settle down Hayes! He might still be alive." He wished he could believe his own words.

The Corporal became enraged. "No! He's dead and i know it! I'll kill every one of those bastards for this!"
He got up and started sprinting.

"Corporal! Wait!"

Hayes almost ran into a brute on the corner of a building.

"Time for revenge, jackass."

He took out his CQB knife and made a quick slash, slicing the brute's neck verticaly. It's esophagus was visible and it choked for air.

"You like that? YOU LIKE IT?!"

He unsling his MA5C Assault Rifle and emptied the clip into the brute. What was left fell into a heap on the ground.
He spit on the corpse as he moved on.

He approached a crater surrounded by longsword peices. And brutes. 4 blues. 4 rounds in his sniper. He'd have to take the gold one with something else. Next thing he knew, he had 0 rounds in his rifle, 4 brutes without heads, and one pissed-off gold brute. He tried to use his AR, only to have it knocked away. The brute punched him and he flew into a wall, slumped to the ground and coughed blood. As the brute walked up to finnish him, he unholstered his Magnum and watched as his bullet went into the brute's open mouth, and exited through the back of its neck.

He got up and limped to the crash site. The pilot was alive, but he would soon bleed out from his wounds. So would Hayes. He hefted the pilot over his shoulder and limped his way back to first platoon.

The lieutenant looked up.

"Hayes! Where the hell have you been?"

Hayes grinned slightly and collapsed.

6 hours later the cpl. woke up, seeing the face of his SSgt. but it was only an illusion. The cpl. was surrounded by wounded marines and there were medics every whereon of the medics called for the Lt. and told the lt. that cpl. hayes was awake. The Lt. walked over to the cpl. and said, "glad to see that your still alive", son, and SSgt. smith is alive but he's critically wounded. At least he got revenge on the brute that killed our family. Get ready cause the platoon is waiting on you so we can finnish this mission. Oh yeah, we got a pelican so we are able to regroup with the rest of 1st platoon.

"Wait, Sarge is alive?!

"That's what i said, Corporal. Im not a liar. Now gear up."

"Yes sir."

Hayes Grabbed a new sniper and plenty of ammo. He also grabbed an extra melee weapon. The punch he got from the brute reminded him how much it sucked to be in close quarters with a long range weapon. Although, he did decide to keep his current helmet, even though it had a large crack up the back. It would remind him of how he won against the gold bastard. That, and it would be good proof to Sarge when he woke up about how Hayes had kicked so much ass.

1st platoon get on that pelican were moving out. Yes Sir, 5 minutes later..... Cpl. you ok, ou seem tense? anything you need to say, thats the last thing i need is one of my ODST going crazy out here on a mission. Its nothing sir, the cpl. said. good cause your my only sniper now till SSgt. Smith Gets treated for 3rd degree burns and physical therapy. They estimate he'll be out for 2 months or less. Thats good to hear, at least he's alive, the cpl. said. The pelican piliot came on the Lt.'s com channel saying. Sir, we got jackals on roof tops. Affirmative piliot, we'll take care of them. The Lt. picked up his brothers sniper rifle, that he had brought to remember his brother, it was burnt but they had repaired everything inside. The Lt. looked at the scratches the brute had made that attacked his brother. He added a thermal scope, the piliot opened the back hatch. The cpl. fired 3 shots before the Lt. could shoot one. Cpl. settle down let me get one, your going to have to beat me the cpl. said. So you want to challenge me to a sniping contest even though i know i can't win, yup, the cpl. said as he shot another jackal. the Lt. aimed at the ground knowing that he couldn't beat the cpl. on the roof. He sighted in a jackal on the ground with the thermal, the night breeze started blowing south he aimed an inch to the north hitting the jackal in the chest killing it. Hey you cheated the cpl. said. No, you said to hit a jackal you weren't specific about were to shoot. I still say you cheated the cpl. said, as he reloaded his sniper rifle. The piliot came on the Lt.'s com channel, Sir ten minutes until we regroup with 3rd and 4th platoon.
10 minutes later...... the pelican landed, and 1st platoon walked out the back hatch. A Sgt. was saluting the Lt.," at ease soldier". ''Sir, Sgt. Michaels reporting for duty, I have orders from the general to replace SSgt.Smith in 1st platoon." good to see you again chris, we've needed another sniper in our platoon"," you too sir". A cpl. came up to the Lt. and said," Sir the major needs to have a word with you!" ok, cpl. tell him I'm on my way. Yes Sir, the cpl. said and jogged back to the 4th story building. 1st platoon get some rest you guys deserved it. As the Lt. walked in all the marines got up, saluted, and said, officer on deck. At ease he said, then they sat back down. Sir, you needed to see me, as a matter of fact I did, I want you to give these metals to SSgt. Smith and Cpl. hayes for there valor act in the rescue of SSgt. Preston. Yes Sir,I will go immmediately, wait soldier there's one more thing. What is it sir? The major handed him a silver bar. Congratulations Lt. you've been given an promotion for ordering 1st platoon threw hell and back. Thank you sir, and the Lt. walked out of the room. The Lt. looked at the bar with discuss, he never wanted it, he had lost 5 men getting back, to the other platoons, but he had to deal with it. The Lt. walked up to the cpl. and handed him the purple heart. The cpl. said, whats this for, it's for pulling that piliot out of the longsword. Who's the other one for the cpl. asked." Its for my brother, he got it for destroying a hole pack by himself, in order to protect the squad, at least thats what they think, but I know he did it for revenge."

Meanwhile the barracks were pretty silent. 1st platoon was getting ready for some shut eye. Sgt Michaels walks through the door and every one turned to look. Sgt noticed a little unease in the barracks. "So you think you can take over Sgt Smith's position huh?" voice came from the back of the barracks. "Bet he cant snipe for $#!T" another said. A corporal walked up and said, "so how do you know the Lt.?" The Sgt said, "Me and Lt. go way back." "Like what?" "Thats not your place to know corporal." Sorry sir." With that Sgt Michaels walk over to the farthest bunk, stripped and went down for some sleep as he thought to himself, 'Lets see how this goes.......' and drifted off....

------------------------------------------------1 week later----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SSgt. Smith awoke with the room spinning. " we need a medic over here", one of the nurses said." sir you need to lay down." "get the f*** off of me" said SSgt. Smith as he stood up he felt a sharp pain in his abdomine,"whats going on here? Where am I?!" "Sir you need to lay down"said the nurse again."I will lay down when you tell me where I'm at" said SSgt. Smith. SSgt. Smith picked up a bed pan and hit the doctor that was aproaching him, he threw the pan at the nurse knocking her out. A passing by marine ran up to try to Stop SSgt. Smith from leaving, it did no good, SSgt. Smith brought up a round house kick into the marine's timple,knocking him out instantly. Half way down the hall SSgt. Smith passed out.

-----------------------------------------------Back with 1st platoon---------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir" a marine said while apraoching Lt. Smith "we just got words that your brother awoke about 5 minutes ago, it's amazing how he recovered so fast ", " we also heard that he knocked out a doctor, a nurse ,and a marine." Lt. Smith said trying not to laugh," most people don't no how stong he is till it's too late.""I beleve you sir, they said he used a bed pan and a round house kick"said the marine. "Ah, the old round house kick got too watch out for those , SSgt., he uses those as a last resort."" Infore us imedatly when he's ready to come back to the platoon", said Lt. Smith. "Yes Sir!" the marine said with a solute and ran off.

"Or is there something I may help you with Captain" she said, while walking up to the Com screen next to Kayln, where her UNSC Tag read Admiral Eva Deferian, with four silver stars underlining it.

“Yes ma’am” he said, still standing at rigid attention.

“I was wondering if I could get some more information on the intended target of our mission, something to keep the infantry occupied. It’s just that they’ve been on board for 2 weeks waiting for orders and there have already been a number of incidents between themselves and them and the ships crew, 3 in the last 20 minutes. We can only run 2 companies at a time in our training area and the rest of the time there free to roam the ship and cause as much havoc as they like. We also only have a small number of MP’s compared to the massive numbers of troops on board and honestly ma’am, they can’t keep up.” Andrews stayed rigidly to attention and waited to see what the admiral had to say.

"Im afraid not captain, boundaries are set in place for a reason. And it is that reason we follow the rules, if I were you Captain I would get those men under control, or I will. Is that understood?....Now when the rest of the fleet arrives we will relay all available information for the mission. All I can say is, we are pushing forward. Goodnight Captain." She ended with a nod, as Kayln cut the link.

"Admiral if I may, are we waiting for someone else?" Kayln turned around to see the Eva lean in Valstaff's chair.

"I have a operative working with DICE, but I'm not sure its such a good idea to team her up with them," She replied.

"With who, Admiral?" Kayln asked.

"The Elites...." She said.

------------

I laid there in the dark, crawling to the edge of the wall. Every building with a high gloss colored sheen reflecting off of the simulated moon. I pulled up against the wall, and pulled my magnum. It was magnum only, no radar. I was in the shadows as I saw Kevin pull around the corner of the street sweeping the alley. He turned back in disappointment, until i threw an object threw an open window. He started back, ever so cautious stopping to check the alley. He finally passed me and began checking the window. I slowly pull forward drawing my magnum and chest locked him. He was disabled and had no means of an offensive strike. I pulled the pistol and pulled off two silent shots, two training shells splattered against his armor in a bright blue.

I knew instantly that his life signs would alert the others. I just waited. Stephanie and Ryan appeared walking on opposite sides of the alley. I slowly pull my hand forward as she passed me up and disabled her leg. She began falling to the floor raising her hands up to grab something. I caught the pistol she let go of and flipped the trigger eliminating her as the shots splattered against the back of her armor. In less than a second I had flung my arm in the direction of Ryan pulling off a shot, which took out his right hand. He pulled off a shot and missed me by a few inches. I took aim quickly and finished him with a splatter against the heart.

The others soon would follow, getting worried and suspicious every time. I had even linked my digital signals with Kevin's suit. As they passed by what they assumed to be Kevin they were awarded with shots to the back.
Simulation ended and by the end of it i had a damaged leg, 6 KOs and a new story for the divisions.

I did not Die! Well, here we go again. I've been waiting for this part:

The Grenade Blew up. The Blast shot Mark out of the Airlock and dove downwards. He saw right in front of Him the Squid Loyalist Ship. Around Him, there was Bursts of Red and Green, the Explosions of UNSC and Squid Ships, both Loyalists and Rebels. Siegfried said "Incoming Contact!", and of course there was. A Loyalist Ship shot right towards him. The Ship was a Shiny Silver Rectangle with a Pointed End, A 3 Pointed Tail Wing made of 3 Triangles. Mark knew he had to think of Something Quick, and he got it. He pulled back a couple feet, then waited for the Ship. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!", Shouted Siegfried. Mark then said "Watch." The Ship Then shot right Past him, although it meant to Hit Him. As it passed, Mark grabbed one of the Wings, which in fact was also the Engine. He saw the door in the Middle of the Wings. He shimmied over to the door, Pulled himself up a ledge at the Bottom of the Door, and placed a Spoofer on the Door. The door opened. He pulled himself inside, then placed his Hand on the Door Console Inside He saw 5 Squids Inside the Ship, and Jokingly said "Hello." The Squids did not say anything, they just charged at Mark. Mark Pulled out his Assault Rifle, and shot a Clip into the Squids, reloaded, then shot another. 3 of the Squids fell to the Ground, dead. A Major Charged Up to Him, and he pulled out his Machete and held it out as the Squid charged Towards him. causing it to let the Machete go straight through him. The Pilot was Shocked, he got up, and tried to run to the Back to escape, but Mark Pulled out his Shotgun and Shot a Shell that went through and killed him. Mark ran towards the Front and Literally shot a Shell into the Window, causing it to crack then Burst open. The Pull was Intense, but Mark was strong enough to hold still, throw a Trip Mine and jump out. He stood on the front of the nose, threw a grenade into the Back of the Ship, and Jumped. He crouched and waited. On timing, the Ship Blew up Behind him, blasting him towards the Loyalist Cruiser.

Siegfried then said "Impressive."

Razor walked side-by-side with the Rookie as Andy caught up to Boomer.

"What do you specialize in, kid?" Razor inquired.

"Sir?"

"What were you trained for?"

"Oh, I'm an engineer. I specialize in vehicle repair."

"Too bad you weren't on Makos with us, right boys?" He looked over his shoulder to see the other two smile.

"Sir, if I may... In my other squad they called me 'Psycho.'"

"Psycho it is then." Razor waved his hand as if dismissing the previous nickname.

"How'd you earn that nickname?" Boomer raised an eyebrow. "Engineers aren't really the crazy type."

"Well, before I was assigned to Bravo Team, I was just a regular Jarhead, so we were always hitting the LZ pretty hard. I was the first one out of the Pelican. Two Wraiths were there to greet us, and they gave us a nice, warm welcome as you can already tell. The other Pelican had dropped off its load and took off before we even got there. It was our job to take out these Wraiths before we called for reinforcements."

"And...?" Andy was getting bored. He stroked the short wiskers on his chin.

"Nobody had what we needed to take these things out. Just grenades. So I ran up to the first one, shoved a grenade into the cannon, and ran back... all while the other was blasting the sand in front and behind me."

"That's it? A single grenade?" Boomer was not impressed, although he had never done anything as spectacular.

"That's not all. I forgot to pull the pin, so I ran back. On the way, I caught a spike in my thigh." He rubbed the back of his right upper thigh, just below the buttock.

"So you destroyed a Wraith with a single grenade while a spike was in your thigh?" Razor's eyebrows raised as he whistled in a low tone. "Welcome to Bravo Team!" He said it with more enthusiasm than before.

"Twice, sir."

"What?!"

"I did it twice with a spike in my leg. Two grenades, two wraiths. My first two kills. Before that, I had never even fired a shot. It was my second mission. My previous mission, actually. Everyone said I just snapped, like a psychotic school shooter. Hence, Psycho."

"Pfff. I've done better," Andy broke the silence.

"Yeah, what have you done, tough guy?" Boomer could not wait to hear it.

"Everything," He said through a smile.

They had finally reached a door that read, "ONI CENTER OF OPERATIONS." There was a keypad next to it with a red light above the door, indicating the door was locked.

"Hmm... They never gave me a--" The door slid open as the words left Razor's lips. A white-bearded man wearing a white coat stood in the doorway.

"Ah, right on time. Please, come in." He led them with perfect posture to a white-lit table with the mineral they had brought back from Makos. "Remember this?" He pointed to the rock and typed something into the computer next to it. A hologram came up showing the rock and a bunch of scientific equations-- jibberish to his Marine comrades. "Impressive for a rock, no?"

"What does it mean?" The Lieutenant asked.

"Oh, please excuse me. I'm used to talking to fellow scientists." He looked around at the other men and women in white coats busily working at their holograms and moniters, turned off the hologram and picked the rock up with his bare hands. "This mineral has the ability to maintain heat within any weapon it is integrated into."

"Meaning...?"

"Meaning, it cools the weapon and increases firepower, also duration of fire. Large quantities can also jam radio frequencies... at least our own."

"Any way we can use this in our own weapons?"

"We're working on that. For now, we've linked it to a Covenant city-world. I've forgotten how to pronounce it, but it should be in your next briefing. That is all. Now you must go. We scientists don't have much free time, you know."

"You mean, they gotta pay you for something." Andy gave him a sarcastic jab.

"No, I mean we're always working." He turned his back as the door slid closed with a hiss.

"It's true, those pasty nerds take everything seriously."

"That's because they know they have no chance in hell to be normal. Flourescent tubes will do that to a man." Boomer responded as they took the first few steps towards their barracks.

"Now what, sir?" Psycho scratched his head.

"Now you cut the 'sir' crap. It's getting on my nerves."

"Yes sir."

Ryan ducked and sprinted right, around the corner. A volley of bullets slammed into the wall where he was moments before. 2 members of the hunter team were less than 12 meters behind him. More rounds thudded into the floor and walls as he sprinted down an alley way. I’m going to have to lose these 2 before I hit the ERV he thought. He tore down the alley heading for the left turn a few meters ahead. A round slammed into his left shoulder blade, causing him to stumble. Ryan grunted and regained his stride, the area where the training round had struck hurt like hell but he kept going.
Rounding the corner he saw a 9 foot high brick wall blocking his way 5 yards ahead. He ran up to it, rested his sniper against the base, there was no way he was going to be able scale it even with the rifle slung it was far too cumbersome. He took a short run up and jumped, his hands grabbed the top of the wall and he hoisted him self up. Turning round at the top of the wall he lay on his stomach and reached down to grab the rifle.
“Come on, come on” he muttered, the muzzle was about an inch out of reach.
“Come on you son of a…” Ryan cut his sentence short as he strained his arm further down and managed to hook his fingers over the weapons flash hider.
“Gotcha” he muttered, a slight smile spreading across his face, and began to hoist the weapon towards him. Too late. Ryan heard the sound of issue boots on paving slabs thudding down the alley. He looked up and saw the 2 ODSTs from the enemy hunter/killer team come around the corner, looking straight at him, weapons raised.
They fired, rounds thumped into the wall, floor, Ryan’s sniper rifle, buildings either side, filling the air with projectiles. Ryan yelled, throwing himself backwards and kicking off the wall, dragging the rifle with him. He crashed to the ground landing flat on his back, the rifle clattering down next to him. Clutching for the BR55 strapped across his chest and fired a half a clip at the top of the wall to deter anyone from following him over. Grabbing the sniper from the floor Ryan sprinted for the end of the ally, leaving a primed grenade on the floor. Follow that he thought as he emerged on to a street walled by a mix of 5 to 17 stories buildings. He ran down the street taking the first left and then an immediate right. He heard the grenade explode and hoped it had taken out the 2 following him. Even if it hadn’t it would slow them down as they would be careful in case of other devices.
He increased his pace and called up his tac map with the arrow showing the way, ERV1 was only 200 meters away as the crow fly’s but he still had to negotiate the maze of streets before arriving. If Frank had no contacts then he should be there by now. He cut through the base of a tower block and jumped a chain link fence bringing the target within 50 meters. The ERV was located in the basement of a low rise concrete house that had a wall and quite a large section of the roof missing. Ryan spent 5 minutes scanning the outside through his sniper scope to check for enemies before heading inside. Once inside he cleared each of the rooms before going to the basement. It was dark down here, Ryan switched on the flash light on the side of his BR and swept the room. It was empty. Damn it Frank where are you Ryan thought to himself, checking the mission timer. Frank should have defiantly been here by now.
“Gladiator 2 alpha this is gladiator 2 bravo come in, over” the com was silent.
“Gladiator 2 alpha this is gladiator 2 bravo do you copy, over” nothing but faint static greeted him. He therefore had to assume that Frank was either KIA or captured, either way he would find out when the exercise was over. I’m on my own then he thought, looking out through a hole in the ceiling he spied another tower block 20 meters away.
10 minutes later he was on the roof firing at targets below. A platoon from Able Company was advancing along a main road. He had already dropped 2 officers and a sergeant and was searching for another target. He saw a man dash from a doorway trying to reach better cover, Ryan aimed slightly ahead of him and squeezed the trigger sending him crashing to the ground.
“I could do this all day” he muttered to him self and kept firing.

---------

Andrews nodded as the transmission terminated. Oh well, it was worth asking he thought.
“who was that Adria?” he asked, turning to face her hologram beside him. He knew, or at least knew of most of the admirals in the navy but he had never heard of Admiral Eva Deferian before.
“One moment captain, I’ll try to find her service record…ouch!” Andrews stared at Adrias holographic form. She looked both hurt and shocked.
“What’s wrong?” He asked confused at the A.Is expression.
“I just tried to access her file and was backhanded by security protocols.”
“Was the file marked restricted?”
“Yes but not high level”
“then serves you right doesn’t it, keep the ship in formation with the rest of the fleet and tell Nelson I want a 2 ship long sword combat patrol up at all times, just in case”
“Aye sir”
“I’ll be in the gym if you need me” Andrews walked off the bridge.

I thought we should start this up again.

Mark Flew down to the surface of the Ship. An Object Point appeared on his H.U.D. when Regnas Called him over com link. "Mark, I sent you the Point of where the Nearest Grate Opening is. Try to make it over there." "Copy that.", said Mark, and pulled towards the Grate. A Pelican Roared Past him, Giving Him a Huge Boost, And In no time, He was on the Government Ship. "The Grate is about 5 meters to our Right.", Siegfried said. Mark Ran towards the Grate. He came Upon a Grate like Door in a Small Bunker stepping out of the ship. A Console Was on the Outside, Mark Pressed it and the door slid Open, he then went into the Jaws Of the Beast....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back