Tjx62's Custom Reach suit WIP (Uber Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice eyes guys! It is indeed the MFDD form the "Deliver Hope" trailer.

photobucket-1956-1325620117535.jpg

photobucket-1718-1325620165464.jpg

photobucket-2230-1325619751362.jpg

photobucket-1629-1325619869386.jpg

I think the plan is to resin the whole peice, disattach the bars and then reattach them after its hardened inside in out.

very awesome man =D this is all great pep work and it is amazing how fast you completed all the armor =D great job man and keep up the fantastic work

very awesome man =D this is all great pep work and it is amazing how fast you completed all the armor =D great job man and keep up the fantastic work

Thanks! Unfortunately, pep is going to be a bit slower for a little while. I was able to know that out so quickly do to me being on break, but now that school is back in swing it'll be a bit slower.

Things are looking good, will be following along from here on out.

Thank you!

So some good new and bad news. Good news, my chest is just about done. Bad news, I'm about 99% sure its too big. though I'd post some pictures to get your guys' thoughts. I personally think it needs to come in an inch on both sides because my shoulders feel as though they are inside the chest and there's a noticeable gap at the bottom of the armor between my body and the armor. Anyways, here's the pictures!

photobucket-3651-1326078411531.jpg

Front shot I attempted to see it with the helmet.

photobucket-2160-1326078347750.jpg

Not much else to say. Probably will order my undershirt next pay check and I can share some plans I have with it once it gets here. Thanks

Edit- Actually more good news I thought of. Knowing that I'll probably scrap this one, I can do L3X's newest chest version! lol Hooray for more detail!

vanity is the best program to design the reach armor you want. great job on the peping too

Thanks. I use vanity as a jumping off points for measurments as well, but actual refrence pictures work better.

so what does the wifey think about all this? XD

XD lol I'm not married. I'm only 19, which doesnt say much knowing my best friend married at 18. The ring is actually on my right hand, but the way the mirrors reflect, it looks like it on my left. It's also turned so the designs on the inside of my hand. Heres what the design is on the ring

th_photobucket-4818-1326313208476.jpg

As for a project update, nothing much is happening. Probably gonna be taking a break form the chest for a little while, and get back to work on the weapons.

So, just out of sheer curiosity, I decided to organize all of the stuff I need to accomplish for the suit to be complete.

Suittodolist.png

....oh boy....

Should have pistol hardened and possibly sanded by the end of the weekend, so keep an eye out for pics.

Found some time today and was able to work on a couple of pieces. Starting v4 of L3x's chest file (unfolded by mkshane81) and can already tell that this should be the one... I hope. Also put together the pistol and finished sealing it. I used a combination of cardstock for the big sections and hot glue for smaller places. Starting to actually look and feel more like a pistol.
photobucket-31678-1326525471705.jpg
photobucket-26843-1326525438208.jpg

photobucket-11682-1326525518944.jpg

The big update for me though, is me finally finishing my duct tape mannequin. Something nipped me in the butt tonight and I told myself I had to finish it. The main thing for me now is is that I can store my armor pieces and make alterations as needed. Here it is with just a couple pieces on it.

photobucket-26636-1326520005110.jpg

One thing is though, it freaks me out when I just kinda glance over and there's a 5' 10" duct tape version of myself in the corner. More than likely will update Monday with any kinda progress I make over the weekend, its time for some sleep.

Wow this is looking great! Your pep work is super clean and you definitely pay attention to detail.
Also nice duct-tape mannequin- although that would scare me really badly if it were in the same room as me !

Wow this is looking great! Your pep work is super clean and you definitely pay attention to detail.
Also nice duct-tape mannequin- although that would scare me really badly if it were in the same room as me !

Thanks! I wanna try to get as much detail as I can in my suit as I can. More work now, means much less work later. Not gonna lie, hes made me jump once or twice while he was there. Thankfully now hes in the very back corner of the basement.

Wow it coming along fast, And looks great as well.

Thanks thorn. Probably not gonna be too much progress on the armor for a bit do to the weather, but defintely gonna be working on undersuit and weapons.

So heres the update for this week. Got the chest done finally! I used L3X's new V4 torso and it looks great. Pictures dont really do it justice, its beautiful.

photobucket-22193-1327259169263.jpg
photobucket-1822-1327259243338.jpg

Bonus- It actually fits very well lol.

photobucket-3497-1327259364601.jpg

photobucket-27325-1327259415935.jpg

The only thing some odds and ends left and then the pep will be done! I can almost see the light at the end of the pepping tunnel! Unfortunately do to the cold weather here, dont know if I'll get any resin work done. I will, however, be getting started on the undersuit as soon as I can. Until then, thanks for looking!

Can your arms go down all the way? The pep work looks great but it looks a bit big to me. But it might look like a snugger fit with the undersuit on.

Can your arms go down all the way? The pep work looks great but it looks a bit big to me. But it might look like a snugger fit with the undersuit on.

Yea I can put my arms all the way down. Once I get my undersuit done, it should look a little bit snugger. Could maybe squeeze another 1/2 inch but I think the undershot should take care of that.

That torso is overpowered! i love it im using this file for my build too. Also you have it scaled perfectly, when you add the foam arm inserts and the ab plate it looks awesome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back