Tjx62's Custom Reach suit WIP (Uber Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chest plate looks spot on. Very nice pep work. When you finish it remember to put the braces in or it WILL warp, that's the only thing I truly regret with mine.

That torso is overpowered! i love it im using this file for my build too. Also you have it scaled perfectly, when you add the foam arm inserts and the ab plate it looks awesome :D

Thanks! I have to give MAJOR kudos to L3X for this file. It is absolutely amazing. One tip on the torso. The first few pages are the bottom side pieces, I would glue those one last, as it got a bit combersome when I put them on in the begining. Just a thought. To be honest, im not sure what im gonna do for the inserts. Foam seems like the easiest, but if I can figure out a way to make them, i wanna try to do it in rubber. Im thinking the only way thats gonna happen is if I seal and clay up my manequin. NOt sure yet though, still jumping around in my brain.

The Chest plate looks spot on. Very nice pep work. When you finish it remember to put the braces in or it WILL warp, that's the only thing I truly regret with mine.

Thanks Thorn and I hear yea. I will probablly throw some supports in this weekend. Not entirely sure where though, so any input is greatly appreciated.

Looks AWESOME dude, must have taken some patience to do the chest!

Thanks man! Tell me about it lol. Once I figured my last chest was too big, I looked at the new file and though to myself "I have to be insane to do this all over again." But, no regrets. I love it.

Update: Nothing entirely new. Rest of the pieces printed, so now I just gotta find the time to pep them. Probably wont have the time till the weekend. I'll report back then.

Well that's it. All my pepwork (before messups) is done. Ab plate: Done.

photobucket-2805-1328455342716.jpg

Collar breacher: Done

photobucket-17780-1327985327029.jpg

Back plates: Done

photobucket-1822-1327985369689.jpg

comm center thing: Done

photobucket-6259-1327985292270.jpg

So that's off my list completely now. Now all I have to do put the braces in and I'm ready to resin. I think I'm not gonna do the shotgun this time around. It'll already be kinda cumbersome with the bomb, so I don't know how the shotgun is gonna work. But that's it for now, I'm actually in line to give blood so there's not much I can do right now lol. Wel, as always, thanks for looking and happy building!

Wow man this looks really good! All your pieces look very clean and well done! haha love that duct tape mannequin though!

Looks great so far! Super clean...you obviously have attention to detail!

Thank you! I'm trying to make it as game acurate as possible, but theres not too much I can for for that at this stage lol.

Wow man this looks really good! All your pieces look very clean and well done! haha love that duct tape mannequin though!

Thanks! I love him too lol. The only problem is, is that some of the duct tape is starting to pop off of him because of the cold weather. I probably need to do a few more strips to hold down the renegade peices lol.

wow! really nice i wish my pep looked as good as yours.

Thanks group. Don't worry about your pep, it look sreally good. No need to sweat about it.

Since im in the thread. I just wanted to say I'm putting this project on hold for right now for about a month or so. School midterms are creeping up, I need to work on my N7 suit for the ME3 launch, adn I want to finish at least one piece before I come back to the thread. I'll still repond and anwser questions in the thread, there just won't be any updates. Till then, stay safe and Happy building!

Well that took a lot longer then I expected. I was hoping to get back to work on my suit after I fnished my N7 build, but school put a complete halt on that. Now that its finals week, and I've got a bit more breathing room, I'll be working on my suit again. Right now the date im shooting for is August 31 which gives me roughly 4 months to finish, probably barely enough time lol.

Just as an FYI, part of the suit (forearms and thighs) had to be rebuilt do to warping and moisture damage. I used different files the on this go around and have already updated the first post. Regular updates will probably start coming this weekend and be weekly. Happy building everyone, its great to be back!

Well it was warm enough outside the other day to get some resining done. Got a large portion done, but endded up running out of brushes. Oh well, should get a shipmnet in on wednesday so I can get back to work by friday. Hope everyone had an awesome Mothers day and I'll leave you with what my workstation looked like. Happy building!
photobucket-45476-1336870584834.jpg

Yep! Thats your concept helmet that you modeled! Its beautiful by the way, but don't get me wrong, its a brutal helmet to pep. That was the harder of the two as well.

For those of you that don't know, Harnor was awesome enough to model some of the concept reach helms that never made it to game. You can find the helmets here. Just a note, if you don't have a lot of pep experince, use the easier one. The harder one is incredibly difficult to pep. It's for a build I have in mind to do later, but thats in the DISTANT future and another thread.

Look at that mess you made, I love it! Nice to see you moving on your projects again TJ. :D

Look at that mess you made, I love it! Nice to see you moving on your projects again TJ. :D

It's a lovely mess isn't it! Thanks Vshore, I'm glad to be back working.

I was able to find a couple of more brushes hidden away so I did a little bit more resining. Not a whole lot got done unfortunately though. I also needed to start resining my chest piece. It had warped a bit from being down in my basement so I had to put in a good bit of support struts to even it out.

photobucket-5599-1337458003915.jpg

Another big thing that I was able to get this week was some box fans. This has dramatically cut down on the fumes lingering after working. I have to box fans as exhaust fans in my windows and a standup fan behind me to draw in some cool air. Even after resining for a couple of hours, I couldn't smell it anywhere else in my home. Here's a picture of how the box fans are set up and what I was working on.

photobucket-46853-1337384723704.jpg

From left to right: Concept helm, Left shin, MFDD, Dragon Priest mask, Right Shin, Grenadier helmet, Army of Two mask, Reach chest piece.

Thats about it. The brushes I ordered are taking a lot longer than expected so I should have them in by monday hopefully. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them. Happy building!

Hey guys, hope everyone state side had a good memorial day and everyone else a good... Monday lol. Been pretty busy the past 4 days. I have done nothing but resin the whole time and knock out as many pieces as I can. I have the about 65% of the suit is at the end of the primary hardening stage. After this stage, I'm going back to working piece by piece from the bottom, up for secondary hardening (another outside coat and glassing). I'm hoping to have that stage 1 done and 2 started in about a week and a half. It's all gonna depend on my cashflow this month. Anyways, heres what I got resined inside and out this weekend.

photobucket-13533-1338240242575.jpg

There's a stack of half hardened things out of frame, but everything has some resin on it, save for the back of the boots and the cod piece. Speaking of boots, my toe pieces were a bit warped so I decided tacking them down to my table with some hot glue may fix that. I'll see how it goes.

photobucket-53982-1338240345890.jpg

That's it for me this week. Hopefully I'll have an update next weekend if everythign goes to plan. Till then, thanks for looking and happy building!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back