U513's Halo Reach Carter Build - Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that dude, didn't work :( Hopefully one of the Mods can assist.

Thanks mate, don't worry, I have just ordered some black compression pants, more rechargeable AA batteries (the suit takes 18 and the sword takes 3 with a life of 48 hours on the lights) and a black balaclava which I will adjust so it only covers my neck.

Elite?! Now that would be nice. Its nice of you to say its of a similar quality to the RoxyRoo & LilTyrants builds. Them including Drack set the bar very high indeed. Im too humble to agree that it is of the same quality. :)

More pictures will come very soon. I will try and finish off the DMR and Sword tomorrow. Just over a week until Halo-ween.

Your finished suit looks amazing, you can definitely see that you put a lot of time and effort into it. *claps* any and all praise you receive, in my opinion is well deserved.

Great job on finnaly finishing it. I look forward too seeing it with the under suit.

Thanks mate, thank god its finally finished! I thought the day would never come lol

Your finished suit looks amazing, you can definitely see that you put a lot of time and effort into it. *claps* any and all praise you receive, in my opinion is well deserved.

Thanks a lot mate, it is much appreciated! as always, any help / clarification on anything related to the build. I would be happy to help :)

meanwhile, the last order for supplies went away today (Velcro, batteries, compression pants etc) and...

Painted the DMR today. Not 100% game accurate as the paint scheme is far too flat for my liking so I spiced it up a bit to give the weapon some depth.

That DMR is wicked cool bro. If I were you, as soon as those compression pants got in I would put the whole suit on, and head out to Walmart, and probably do some random stuff around the nearest city. It's all looking so awesome. And I knew that DMR would turn into something great, as soon as I saw you start building it. There are no words for all this awesomeness.

That DMR is wicked cool bro. If I were you, as soon as those compression pants got in I would put the whole suit on, and head out to Walmart, and probably do some random stuff around the nearest city. It's all looking so awesome. And I knew that DMR would turn into something great, as soon as I saw you start building it. There are no words for all this awesomeness.

We don't have Walmarts in the UK so he may find that difficult, but with Halloween approaching he has the perfect excuse to go out and wear it.

@U513 DMR is sweet, you're a few days away from 100% man, can't wait.

We don't have Walmarts in the UK so he may find that difficult
I simply meant that is what I would do. But you could wear it in a supermarket, or around malls or whatever. I'm thinking I'm going to maybe stop at a couple stores and possibly a restaurant in my armor, on the way back from a Halloween party next week lol. And seeing as how U513's suit is considerably more impressive than mine,he'd probably get some good reactions. Lol but anyway man, it's important to just have a little fun.

Welll......props for the Thundercats poster. Because yes.

Your patience for foam is enviable, and frankly I love it. :D This is coming together beautifully, and so detailed! It is very inspiring.

Wow man looks great! :) Glad to see it finished, sorry took so long for me to see it. I have been busy as of late and not able to come on to see progress pics.

Elite?! Now that would be nice. Its nice of you to say its of a similar quality to the RoxyRoo & LilTyrants builds. Them including Drack set the bar very high indeed. Im too humble to agree that it is of the same quality. :)

well if not elite this at least deserves a bump out of the noob section into the creation threads

We don't have Walmarts in the UK so he may find that difficult, but with Halloween approaching he has the perfect excuse to go out and wear it.

@U513 DMR is sweet, you're a few days away from 100% man, can't wait.

I simply meant that is what I would do. But you could wear it in a supermarket, or around malls or whatever. I'm thinking I'm going to maybe stop at a couple stores and possibly a restaurant in my armor, on the way back from a Halloween party next week lol. And seeing as how U513's suit is considerably more impressive than my, he's probably get some good reactions. Lol but anyway man, it's important to just have a little fun.

Thanks DoctorFang. Im glad you like the suit and DMR and really glad the paint scheme and back story to my sword has won you over! Yeah, ill defo be going to my local supermarkets (we have ASDA which is part of the walmart group) and generally doing random stuff. Im thinking of going to play mini golf on halloween at night lol Your ODST suit looks awesome man. It has a lot of character which is brilliant!

Thanks Spartan-420. It is very nearly there. I plan on sorting the mounting out over the weekend and have some plans for the shins and boots which should ensure they stay looking sweet. Im looking forward to you completeing your Halo Wars build. I love that armour design and havent seen it being done fully. Jason is doing some great work on doing a 3d printed version too.

you have a lot of color on it.

Indeed, i just felt the colour on the actual DMR in game was too flat to show off the depth and patterns on the weapon.

Welll......props for the Thundercats poster. Because yes.

Your patience for foam is enviable, and frankly I love it. :D This is coming together beautifully, and so detailed! It is very inspiring.

Thunder, THunder, THUNDERCATS! HOOOOOOO!!! Man i love thundercats lol

Thanks mate, i just kept telling myself to do things right and is part of the reason why it has taken so long to complete. I hope this keeps you motivated and you complete you CQB build. I reaqlly like the torso for that build.

Wow man looks great! :) Glad to see it finished, sorry took so long for me to see it. I have been busy as of late and not able to come on to see progress pics.

haha thats cool man, you have been a long time follower so no worries at all! Glad you are digging it!

well if not elite this at least deserves a bump out of the noob section into the creation threads

Thanks mate, you suit is awesome too! To be honest im not fussed where the suit ends up. I have had an amazing time building it and im sure ill have an amazing time wearing it on halloween and beyond. A brilliant experience so far.

So had a great Halo-ween! Just thought i'd share some pictures with you guys of me wearing the suit with a proper black undersuit!

doing the roboto (has to be done)

IMG-20131101-WA0006_zpsa4d8f5b6.jpg

Played some crazy golf, damn that was hot work!

IMG-20131101-WA0013_zpsab58006e.jpg

Did a quick pose with the DMR before I left

P1100009_zps0daca583.jpg

Pretend killed a few people with my hybrid energy sword

IMG-20131102-WA0068_zpsbd140663.jpg

IMG-20131102-WA0054_zps4614b974.jpg

IMG-20131102-WA0028_zpsa6da6301.jpg

which by the way also doubles up as a brilliant air guitar

IMG-20131102-WA0040_zps0579c620.jpg

Also posed for a lot of photos

IMG-20131102-WA0045_zpsd2423944.jpg

IMG-20131102-WA0046_zps89c16266.jpg

IMG-20131102-WA0001_zps4c9ac767.jpg

IMG-20131102-WA0010_zps5c138843.jpg

IMG-20131102-WA0022_zps83898764.jpg

HI 5's all round

IMG-20131102-WA0003_zps83d0b817.jpg

needless to say it got a LOT OF attention wherever I went!

Brilliant experience!

Bet you enjoyed stopping every few minutes for photos :)

The suit looks even more awesome with your undersuit.

Loving the sword too.

Best Carter Build I have ever seen.

Nice work man.

Great job! Any future project plans?

nothing yet, my sister wants me to sort out a wonderwoman costume for her (the new one) so I might do that with the foam I have left over. But after 14 months, im all costumed out for now. Maybe when I get back on it I will do a Batman Design or MC.

Bet you enjoyed stopping every few minutes for photos :)

The suit looks even more awesome with your undersuit.

Loving the sword too.

Best Carter Build I have ever seen.

Nice work man.

Thanks mate, I absolutely love the way the sword has turned out. A lot better than the design I initially put down on paper. The reactions I got were spectacular. My favourite picture if of me playing the air guitar on my sword as a dude was busking. That was brilliant. I scared the living daylight out of one guy who was on his phone walking looking at the floor and then looked up to see a Spartan in front of him. He scream incredibly loud and me and my sis just burs out laughing.

Those people who were in like cafes and were clearly looking at me i'd salute and some would salute back. There was one woman who just kept looking at me asi was walking by so I was like "Just on a routine patrol ma'm, nothing to worry about" and she just started laughing. It was awesome!

Hehe love the updated photos! Looks like you had a blast dude, and that's what all the hard work is for ;) Great job!

Yeah, it was awesome. Im thinking of wearing it on remembrance Sunday with a sign which reads 'real soldiers don't respawn after 15 seconds' but I don't know how well it would go down. Some might take issue with it so I might not bother.

Every time I see your suit it looks better and better. Now if i could only find a convention to go to.

thanks dude! I too have the same problem. Awesome suit: check, Spare cash: check ...convention ...errrr fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back