U513's Halo Reach Carter Build - Finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go man, I like the teaser pic of the whole suit. I think the paint and everything came together really well. What more do you have left to do at this point?

Your suit looks outstanding, if i can manage to eek out half the quality in mine ill be happy.

Thanks dude, Im sure you can do better than my suit! Let me know if I can be of assistance!

Just pure AWESOME, nice work man :)

Cheers mate, your helmet is coming along nicely. Did you seal it using PVA glue before painting? I have heard great things about it being used as a sealer which gives a smoother finish and means you use less paint too! Keep up the great work!

Way to go man, I like the teaser pic of the whole suit. I think the paint and everything came together really well. What more do you have left to do at this point?

Thanks Mstruvmgc, you have been a long time follower of my progress! it is much appreciated. I just had to get it on to give me that motivational boost I needed. I have enjoyed painting the suit but man it has taken soooo long! I have just finished the torso and gloves, now all that remains is the helmet, rifle and sword. The end is nearly here to this thread. I have no idea what I am going to do once this build is complete, kind of feeling a little ad its all coming to an end.

awesome Armour looks awsome

Thank man, looking forward to seeing you getting your hands dirty!

Thanks again for the comments / feedback! As always, any questions you may have that may help you with your build, ill be happy to answer.

I leave you all with the torso, I managed to get the blue on a couple of days ago and sat down for a few hours to paint the rest and apply the finishing touches. excuse the rogue bit of masking tape on the back :D

Thanks dude, self made using foam. They have a slight cloth effect because I went heavy on the plastidip on the first coat to get a different texture to the rest of the suit which worked a treat :) I then painted them as required :)

Never would have guessed! I was looking at buying some fake leather from Amazon to do similar pouches for a build but that works really well. Nice build and keep up the good work!

Lookinf forward to seeing this finished. I just hope I can do the same amount of quality in my Scout Build

Its been a pleasure to be following this thread man. Yeah it will be a little sad when u finish, but it will be worth it for sure. Besides I already know what you should do when ur finished :)

*drumroll*

YOU TAKE THAT BAD BOY OUT ON THE TOWN AND TAKE PICTURES! LOL. then of course post them here for us to see :p

Keep up the great work man.

Never would have guessed! I was looking at buying some fake leather from Amazon to do similar pouches for a build but that works really well. Nice build and keep up the good work!

plasti dip works pretty well so if you have some spare foam and plasti dip. might just work out cheaper and free :)

Lookinf forward to seeing this finished. I just hope I can do the same amount of quality in my Scout Build

Thanks dude, im sure you can build a suit that is not only as good but better! Good luck, be sure to update your signature so I can keep tabs on your build when it starts!

Ipad, Datapad i get it lolz

Its a galaxy s3 but yeah, same idea :D

Do it. Put it on. We all think it will look amazing. Why must you tease us? :D

hahaha, id love to put it on but I think I have to do it with the helmet finished next time. Its almost there. I reckon Monday I will have this suit finished. Watch this space! I then just need to mount the biceps and shins which shouldn't be too difficult I hope :)

Its been a pleasure to be following this thread man. Yeah it will be a little sad when u finish, but it will be worth it for sure. Besides I already know what you should do when ur finished :)

*drumroll*

YOU TAKE THAT BAD BOY OUT ON THE TOWN AND TAKE PICTURES! LOL. then of course post them here for us to see :p

Keep up the great work man.

haha, that is DEFO on my list of things to do! along with shopping at various stores and of course halo-ween! I put lots of pictures on here don't worry :D Got to give back somehow!

thanks for the support everyone! im pretty sure that if I wasn't on the 405th, I would have never completed (nearly) this suit.

It is finished, its over, it has been 13 months of cutting, gluing, burning my legs (yes, i wear boardshorts all the time) and fingers as well as cutting my fingers. For anyone who has built any part will appreciate how much time is invested in this project over the past year and a bit. Its been an amazing journey, I never thought i would be able to finish a project such as this as it was SUCH a massive undertaking.

That's where the 405th and its community members have been amazing. First of all, L3X and Ruze who supplied the files and the amazing database that is kept at the 405th has been very helpful and thanks to everyone who has contributed to that regardless of me using their files or not. It takes a lot of time and effort. To those who have left comments; you may not realize this but even a single post expressing joy at what you have seen has kept me motivated to get this build complete. I hope people haven't been disappointed with the updates i have posted and this build hasn't culminated into a let down. There have been a few of you who have been here for a long time and kept me going. You guys know who you are! and i am very thankful! I hope everyone has taken something away from the way i have done things and as always, i will be on hand to take the time to explain things. It is the least i can do. Im so excited. its the first time i am going to actually do Halloween!! Cant wait for the 31st.

Once again, thanks to everyone who joined me on this journey. It has been an amazing one. To those who have just started their builds, keep at it, getting your suit finished is one of the best feelings in the world. as i have mentioned before, its a bit of a sad moment too, i don't know what i am going to do with all the free time i now have!

here are the photos of the suit. I have yet to finalize the weapons and will post updates once they are done as well as my halo-ween shenanigans :)

i have an ear to ear smile as i post this.

Very nice, congratulations on your completed project :] Now take some pictures without your naked legs showing!! Haha, made me chuckle :p Super jealous, hopefully I'll be taking these kind of pictures in a year or so!!

This. Is. Awe. Inspiring. There isn't really much more to say bro. I've loved watching this build progress, and it's great to see it come to completion. The DMR is perfect, and the sword... Well I'll be honest, I kinda hated it at first. But now with the paint job and that whole "winter contingency" thing, it's really cool. This is a great suit of armor. once you get an under suit set up this will be one of the best MK V builds I've ever seen. This is just Great! :)

Very nice, congratulations on your completed project :] Now take some pictures without your naked legs showing!! Haha, made me chuckle :p Super jealous, hopefully I'll be taking these kind of pictures in a year or so!!

haha thanks! I will do, the main reason for me to try the suit on was to get the mounting clips etc sorted. next time it will be full up and running with all the lights etc.

Finally! Awesome work dude. This is a good inspiration to start my armor!

Im glad it has motivated you to get the build going :)

AWESOME! Out of curiosity: how long to complete it?

I believe he said 13 months, I could be wrong. Impressive all the same :)

Yep, 13months. I have a full time job plus I hit the gym 5 days a week so in between that and real life I end up having very little time on some days.

This. Is. Awe. Inspiring. There isn't really much more to say bro. I've loved watching this build progress, and it's great to see it come to completion. The DMR is perfect, and the sword... Well I'll be honest, I kinda hated it at first. But now with the paint job and that whole "winter contingency" thing, it's really cool. This is a great suit of armor. once you get an under suit set up this will be one of the best MK V builds I've ever seen. This is just Great! :)

Thanks man, I guess the sword is something people will love or hate. I tried to carry on the paint theme carter has onto the sword without going over the top. There are still one or two details I have to do on it and the DMR before I designate them as completed too. However, the suit is there. Just need to write UNSC in 2 places and my name on the chest piece. Instead of black, I was thinking white so that it pops out. I have still to make my mind up about that.

Does anyone know how I can change the title of my thread to completed? I have tried editing the first post but it didn't work :(

Does anyone know how I can change the title of my thread to completed? I have tried editing the first post but it didn't work :(

If you edit the first post, then "Go Advanced" you should be able to modify the title in a text box above your post.

Aaanyway, the suit looks amazing man, I can tell you're gonna have a great Halloween. You need to get some black clothes on under that suit and get some more pictures for us, Carter doesn't pull off board-shorts that well. xD

This may be jumping the gun a bit, as we're yet to see it with an undersuit, but I've nominated your thread for the Elite section.

Congrats on a finished suit bro, in terms of quality, it's up there with RoxyRoo & LilTyrants builds. Can't wait to see more pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back