vshore100's CQB build (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is that piece that is extending up to the back of your shoulder?

What is the black piece made from that extends up from the forearm to the bicep? It looks like it is leather, but its hard to tell.

What is that piece that is extending up to the back of your shoulder?

What is the black piece made from that extends up from the forearm to the bicep? It looks like it is leather, but its hard to tell.
That is part of the MKVI bicep piece. If you ever notice in game, when you don't have the standard MKVI shoulder attachment and use one of the shorter shoulder attachments, such as the CQB in this case, that part of the bicep armor is still seen. :) Also, yes, those are leather pieces as EVAkura mentioned when he showed his progress images of the forearm. :p

Looking good so far V. :) I saw your pics on FB too. :p I have a feeling I will be saving my forearms for last. haha

Wow. Now this build is looking simply amazing. It looks so awesome!

Re: vshore100's CQB build - Partial Suit up!!!

That is part of the MKVI bicep piece. If you ever notice in game, when you don't have the standard MKVI shoulder attachment and use one of the shorter shoulder attachments, such as the CQB in this case, that part of the bicep armor is still seen. :) Also, yes, those are leather pieces as EVAkura mentioned when he showed his progress images of the forearm. :p

Looking good so far V. :) I saw your pics on FB too. :p I have a feeling I will be saving my forearms for last. haha
Thanks for chiming in HG. I appreciate the help, and the comments!
This is looking very nice:) keep it up!

-Ian

Wow. Now this build is looking simply amazing. It looks so awesome!

Brilliant!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Wow guys! I really appreciate it! If you liked pics of just the arm, I really think you'll like the next ones...

0809141706.jpg 0809141707.jpg 0809141707a.jpg 0809141707b.jpg 0809141707c.jpg 0809141715.jpg

Tadahhh!!!

I could hardly wait to do this today! Nothing is strapped, just positioned for the pics. The leather in between the forearms and the biceps isn't going to work. I can hardly bend my arms. I'll come up with a substitute for that, and something to go in between the shins and boots. All in all, I'm quite pleased though. I didn't bother with the helmet either. I need to get two new visors as the old cheap ones cracked. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! :D

I gotta admit, this is the first clean CQB armor I've liked. It just lends itself to the battle damaged look so well...

Oh wow! Thank you for posting those pics! Now I don't feel so bad about my boots that I have been working on. They seem too big, but even yours look big, HOWEVER with all the armor, they look fine. Hopefully now I can stop stressing! XD haha That is gonna look nice once you got it all finished. They helmet will complete the look. :p

Sweet looking suit! I miss the greatness of Halo 3. Really, an amazing job. Are you sure the magnum is big enough for this epic suit?

Redshirt

Looking amazing! Love it man! Motivation to do mine, unfortunately I can't really work on it for another day or two D: Whatever though, worth the wait.

Outstanding!!!!!!!
Thanks man! The forearms look right at home. Thanks again! :D

I gotta admit, this is the first clean CQB armor I've liked. It just lends itself to the battle damaged look so well...
Thanks Kyre. That's an awesome comment!

Oh wow! Thank you for posting those pics! Now I don't feel so bad about my boots that I have been working on. They seem too big, but even yours look big, HOWEVER with all the armor, they look fine. Hopefully now I can stop stressing! XD haha That is gonna look nice once you got it all finished. They helmet will complete the look. :p
Thanks again HG. Glad my build could be of some help!

Sweet looking suit! I miss the greatness of Halo 3. Really, an amazing job. Are you sure the magnum is big enough for this epic suit?

Redshirt
Whoa Red...thanks for that. I think it'll do just fine. Justin did an amazing job on them! :D

Looking amazing! Love it man! Motivation to do mine, unfortunately I can't really work on it for another day or two D: Whatever though, worth the wait.
Thanks Term! Be sure to post your build up for the rest of us to see!

Fantastic job. Its finally coming together. Scale looks pretty exact too.
Speaking of the Justin...Thanks buddy! The cod piece worked out perfectly for this. It has been a looonnngggggg road! :D

The shin pieces look like they might have a gap in the back when looking at the side pics.
Are they staying up fine and are they tight?

You could mount some internal elastic straps that will hold your leg flush up next to the front sides of the shins, and/or you could add some padding into the back side.

The shin pieces look like they might have a gap in the back when looking at the side pics.
Are they staying up fine and are they tight?

You could mount some internal elastic straps that will hold your leg flush up next to the front sides of the shins, and/or you could add some padding into the back side.
Yeah TJ, they do have a gap. This was merely for sizing. As I said, nothing was strapped yet. I have to add something to the shins. I'll probably pull them forward so that the bottom of the shins line up with the boots, then I'll make a ribbed cover to go in between those two parts. Good looking out man. :D

Looks amazing! :)
sorry to hear about the leather not working out for the arms, but i know you will figure something out :)
Keep up the great work V

The new armor update looks amazing :)

Looks amazing! :)
sorry to hear about the leather not working out for the arms, but i know you will figure something out :)
Keep up the great work V

Thanks friends! I'm really liking the way it's all coming together. Yeah M, I'll get it sorted one way or another. :D For some reason, this is my favorite pic of the armor so far. Just had to post it again! :)

However, looking at this photo, it looks like I need to lower the ab plate down a little more. thoughts on this?
0809141707c.jpg

Thanks friends! I'm really liking the way it's all coming together. Yeah M, I'll get it sorted one way or another. :D For some reason, this is my favorite pic of the armor so far. Just had to post it again! :)

However, looking at this photo, it looks like I need to lower the ab plate down a little more. thoughts on this?

Yeah, I think so. Looking at your ab plate and looking at a picture of it, I would say you should bring it down some. This might help. :)
Halo-3-2-1-reach-masterchief-22265655-524-770.jpg

I've been using these two images as scaling references from the beginning. The knife covers most of the plate, but I thought it did need to come down some as well.
Halo3_Spartan-pistol-01.jpg 02CQB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back