vv_7 ODST build WIP - my first attempt(picture heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok dude, wow. Love the stickers, great hustle on making those work! They look fantastic! Did you make a duct tape dummy for your torso or used another method? Your progress looks great dude, keep up the good work!

Thanks.
Yes, I made a PVC and duct tape dummy.

Hey man really great job and one quick question Wat pep file did u use and Wich site was it from

For the helmet I used this file - "HD ODST SoullessSin.pdo". I found the file here in the 405th. The model came in two flavors, with faces and without. Plus there was a lot of fine detail. I used the model without faces because

i really shy away from fine details on peps. so the pep model looks like this -
SideDetailPepFile.jpg

When I assemble the pep, it looks like this -
SideDetail.jpg

I didn't even bother cutting and pepping it. That is just flat paper there. Notice the red arrow there is a hole there. I glued some scrap paper on the inside to fill that hole.

Then I used Rondo to actually make the detail.
SideDetailRondo.jpg

Pictured is 1/8" rondo, I can dremel in grooves to make the detail. But as you can see I am lazy so I just left the area flat.

I did the same thing to a raised area on the shoulder armor and the back of the torso.

Also

My belt buckle is almost complete:
DSCN6677.jpg

SideDetailPepFile.jpg

SideDetail.jpg

SideDetailRondo.jpg

DSCN6677.jpg

Phenominal build so far, really is impressive. Extra props for machining your own buckles.
What part of Texas are you in?

Phenominal build so far, really is impressive. Extra props for machining your own buckles.
What part of Texas are you in?

Thanks. I am now machining the raised area on the abdomen pads to the left and right of the center stomach plate. U know the "y" or "4" shaped thing. I think it will look really nice as a machined chunk of aluminum.

I am in Austin area.

Belt Buckle and one abdomen pad done

I finished the belt buckle and the right abdomen pad. With the metal it turned out heavy but i like it.

photo's of the process - sorry, i was so into the machining I forgot to take pictures of the part on the mill.

Got this from Home Depot for under 10 bucks.
DSCN6679.jpg

I drew my pattern
DSCN6680Smaller.jpg

Machined and attached to the pad
DSCN6682smaller.jpg

And here is the completed parts.
DSCN6681smaller.jpg

I need to finish the center armor plate. Maybe this weekend I can complete it.

DSCN6679.jpg

DSCN6680Smaller.jpg

DSCN6682smaller.jpg

DSCN6681smaller.jpg

your build looks great! i'm going to be starting my own ODST soon, your instructables post helped me clear some things about the detailing with bondo. Also i love the metal buckles, it just adds something. Like i said it looks amazing! can't wait to see how it comes out in the end.

So I am 75% done on the left gauntlet. I am using Kirrou's model. I kept the scale the same because the sizer paper in the model showed that the scale is the right length and width for my arms. But it is HUGE. My arm in the pep is like a hotdog in a hallway. I'm somewhat disappointed since The pep is full of detail and is taking me a long time to complete. If I scale it smaller it becomes too short. I put the pep on someone who has larger arms then me and it still looks huge. I am at a loss on how I am going to make the gauntlet. It will make anyone look like they have Popeye arms. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back