vv_7 ODST build WIP - my first attempt(picture heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great idea with the magnets! How about the directional force, do you think it will hold against it or are you going to have a slight ridge that fits in the indent and hold it there?

Great idea with the magnets! How about the directional force, do you think it will hold against it or are you going to have a slight ridge that fits in the indent and hold it there?

Yes, good point and i was considering this. The mount point is raised and there is that groove in the middle. I was thinking of making a flat protrusion on one side of the weapon to fit into the groove. The magnets kinda automatically pull the weapon into alignment.

Here is my test with a heavy metal object.
DSCN6736.jpg

DSCN6736.jpg

This suit is amazing so far. I especially like seeing the magnets holding something on. I've been wanting to see that concept in action for a while now so thanks for that. BTW, any updates since December?

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been busy with life. The past few days I have been working on the armor late at night (only time I am free)

Here are current pictures.

connecting the pieces together:
DSCN6797.jpg

DSCN6794.jpg

DSCN6795.jpg

DSCN6799.jpg

DSCN6800.jpg

DSCN6808.jpg

Attaching the abdomen plates

DSCN6812.jpg

DSCN6815.jpg

I will work on the gauntlets eventually.

DSCN6797.jpg

DSCN6794.jpg

DSCN6795.jpg

DSCN6799.jpg

DSCN6800.jpg

DSCN6808.jpg

DSCN6812.jpg

DSCN6815.jpg

Very nice, I'm working on one too I haven't got too much done but its slowly coming along. Great job

Really great work so far. I love how you machined and incorporated metal part sin the armor; it will add some authenticity to it all. I also appreciate how you post step-by-step photos of your progress. I feel too many people post armor progress updates without showing or talking about how they did what they did. Keep it up!

woah 0_0 kinda left me speechless..... but hey i have to ask something atleast. is that barcode on the sticker thingy is a BBM barcode?? just asking :D

woah 0_0 kinda left me speechless..... but hey i have to ask something atleast. is that barcode on the sticker thingy is a BBM barcode?? just asking :D

QR Code for the barcode. i forgot what the message I wrote in the code said though. i am sure it has something to do with my instructable or the 405th forum.

Did a test fit and i like how it feels.
The back looks good so far, but I lot more elements need to be built/installed.
Here is a picture of the back:

RSCN6834.jpg

I am not happy about the chest plate. It is way too small.
I am going to pep one tonight that is 50% bigger.
Here is a picture of the front:

DSCN6822.jpg

I am on a roll, so hopefully I will have a new chest plate by next week.

Cheers.

RSCN6834.jpg

DSCN6822.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back