Well here we go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your tips and knowledge I will make great use of it.

Before I stop this tread I am simply wondering if The recon is worth fiber glassing and painting etc.
Is it going to make it better in the end or am I better off restarting?

Thanks for all your tips and knowledge I will make great use of it.

Before I stop this tread I am simply wondering if The recon is worth fiber glassing and painting etc.
Is it going to make it better in the end or am I better off restarting?

You can use the recon as a test for fiber glassing. However, I would not recommend spending anymore time than that. It will probably take a lot more effort to correct the warp. I read earlier posts that you should use Xacto knife and hot glue. Personally I used neither. I use a sharp scissors and Elmer's glue. Use a sharp ball point pen to score the lines. As long as your parts are lined up properly, your pep pieces will look just fine. You don't have to be perfect because at the end you need to apply bondo to smooth out the areas.

Here is a quick tutorial on how I pep my pieces.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26848-quot-Help!-quot-for-Papercraft-or-Pepakura?p=508629#post508629

See some of the work I've done using just scissors and Elmer's glue in my thread.

1 more thing if I use white glue do you have to press on them for a long time or is it fairly quick

And I saw that you can enlarge the number on the pep how do you do this?

Btw:CoolC Great work on the kids Odst

1 more thing if I use white glue do you have to press on them for a long time or is it fairly quick

Elmers glue dries up pretty nicely, so you don't have to sit 1 minute holding a tab. Plus, if you need to correct it, you have more time to do so. And it looks nice, no more stringy hot glue mess!

And I prefer using both scissors AND a box cutter knife instead of an X-acto knife. You can use a ruler when cutting with the box cutter knife where you can't reach with your scissors.

Thanks. The trick is you apply glue to both surface then let the glue dry about 20 seconds before you glue them together. When both surface come in contact they will stick together.

like everyone else said, thats pretty good for a first pep.

Keep trying the hot glue, it really is the best method.

make sure your numbers line up straight (this will keep the warping down)

use card stock and exacto knives

study the file before you build and build large sections (front, sides, top, etc) then bring it all together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back