WORT! WORT! WORT! (translation) My Elite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so before we changed over from the old server I had a thread going about my Elite Stilt Idea. I had threw up this Picture.
DigitigradeEliteStilts.jpg

Now after months of boredom I decided to post the results.
IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

I've found that I do not need the metal attachments Because I have either really strong calfs, and Don't need them or I have a design issue. I like to think that I have ripped Legs, but I don't think I can keep it up for hours during "Halo"ween and the Reach Release (fingers crossed)

Questions, Comments, Good Jokes?

For my jackal stilts I never really needed those support bars or whatever they're supposed to be for. It's tiring, so be wary of that. Also, wear socks. My scars on my feet from my blisters I got during the con will tell you that.

I'm a little concerned about the bolt you used to secure the shoe to the wood. I used a heavier bolt with a washer or two. The weight was put on a larger area, whereas your bolt is rather skinny, and I'm concerned that it might rip the shoe or something. Just be careful.

One more pointer--make sure you have good visibility. It's not so hard to balance on stilts, but it's a lot harder when you can barely see. Your inner kinetics will thank you.

The smaller bolt you see on the rear shot of the stilts is "supported" by a Washer on the inside underneath the sole, so it won't be going anywhere, also there must be some kind of metal in the shoe because the drill bit ate through the thick rubber but stopped and took about 10 seconds to chew threw that, so Hopefully That will help it from tearing out.
All of the joints were reinforced using hot glue, but I did use screws and nails as a primary fastener.

Looks interesting! If you need funding you could turn them into a crazy exercise machine, they are bound to catch on.

Yeah I've got the Marketing slogan..."Exercise your way to Elitness"...get it? Elite..as if in sangheili, erm halo elite?...nevermind
Update: In the few hours since I posted the first pictures, I got updates
IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

The Hoof Detail for the Front, I've yet to add the back.

And for you Iron Man Fans, I give you the War Machine Chest.
IMAG0002.jpg

I didn't see it fit it donate an entire thread for it so here you go, periodic updates on this as well as the elite

this is going to be really good. there aren't enough Elite's in progress. i don't know if you answered this in the other thread you had; what are you planning to do to build the head?

wow, I'm actually going to be building some stilts for my elite build later this month, I was wondering if there was a perfect way of maximizing the comfort level with the appearance level of those stilts, my fiancé will be wearing them to a four day con. Are your stilts particularly comphy, do you think that padded boots could be modded for this?

they are comfy but they could stand a little more padding. because your weight is sliding down the shoes and the top of your foot is being squished by the top of your shoe so some poly foam and an extra layer of socks, and yer good to go.

Ok this was what I was waiting for. I'm an experienced "cardboarder" I've been doing it for about 7 years. I know what I'm doing when I work with Paper Mache, and Paper Mache Pulp. That is my style. But For the Elite, I want to do something I've never done. That is Fiberglass, I want to reinforce the hell out of it. Not for Airsofting, but for a short Fan-film me and my friends are doing. I'm not expecting to be able to roll around in it, but I do want it to take some abuse. And You Rfp are my Savior because You built the Kigyar, and the unggoy. You used Liquid Latex, that is what I need help on. for the skin.

Wow, it is looking great! so the whole thing is gonna be cardboard? Thatll be cool. I remember when elite costumes were apparently as hard as the mythical see thru gold visor! At least the dedicated members here solved the elite thing!

One "Mr. Sean Bradley" Must be thanked for the "Digitigrade Stilts" Idea, the night before I decided to make an Elite (a few months back) I watched he special features to the Underworld Trilogy, and they used similar stilts for the Werewolf costumes. that Inspired me to design my own, and the next day I went on the 405th and Sean had posted something on his stilts, that was the beggining. and Sean built the first Arbiter costume. Epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back