WIP: FWBulldog's foam Mark VI build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a mini-me :) That armor is very impressive, your cuts are clean, seams are nice and it even has LEDs! If there is a Halloween contest for "geek dad hero" you've got my vote. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished, do you mind if I post pictures and links to this thread on my squidoo pages?

For the shins on page 1 & 2 the green line is a mountain cut. Cut the back of the foam about 80% depth and cut a 30o angle down one side of your cut and remove the strip. I would advise a bead of glue in the seam to hold it in place securely and to add strength. This will help to bulk out the sides and bring that definition line out as the shins should not look quite so narrow.

I see a mini-me :) That armor is very impressive, your cuts are clean, seams are nice and it even has LEDs! If there is a Halloween contest for "geek dad hero" you've got my vote. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished, do you mind if I post pictures and links to this thread on my squidoo pages?

For the shins on page 1 & 2 the green line is a mountain cut. Cut the back of the foam about 80% depth and cut a 30o angle down one side of your cut and remove the strip. I would advise a bead of glue in the seam to hold it in place securely and to add strength. This will help to bulk out the sides and bring that definition line out as the shins should not look quite so narrow.

I don't mind if you link here. If all goes well I should have some completion pictures this week (taken with a real camera). Thanks for the tips.

Got the shins and boot-covers done. Still have to work out the belt/cod/butt-plate. Will paint tonight and work on the strapping.
77e8183b.jpg

I totally missed this thread! Great work man. Your son looks killer in the Mk. VI. armor.:)

Got the flash suppressor pep'd.
4b593ebd.jpg

Nerf Long Strike painted.
c60ac557.jpg

Still have a few touch-ups with the suit, and I'll take some completion pics.

How about a magnetic side arm?

b906b3e2.jpg

I'm a software RAID engineer, so I have LOTS of dead hard drives laying around. They have great magnets.
25d4356c.jpg

Hot glue and a little metal bar from the box-o-screws my dad gave me (he owned a garage door installation business).
a4bfed6f.jpg

I love this build, It's so detailed and has all the bells and whistles. Great foam work, I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

That is some very nice armor you've made, when I first saw the finished armor pictures and video I cheered! Congrats on the 1st place win.

Update 10/18: Tristan wins 1st place in the costume contest!!!!

rebel115.jpg

rebel100.jpg

wow congrats on the win. I was wondering if you would guide me as to how you made your son's costume. Or if you would sell or rent. My son loves Halo and this was his choice for his Halloween costume this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back