Well here goes nothing (MC Build) Pic Heavy, DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu3rav3n

Hi all,

New to posting on the forum but not the website. I have been through roughly 3/4 of the posts in every section trying to learn what I can for the past month. This wont be my first build but it will hopefully be one of my better builds. Ive seen alot of suits made of eva foam and I happen to live 10 min from a harbor freight so I already have mats ready for cutting. I have made a br and automag pistol so far but not done yet with the painting so heres a quick pic and more as I start on my MC build this week.

Yea it is about 1" pipe and then i tri-cut the tip. I started cutting the foam for my mc build tonight but i think my pep print outs are slightly bigger then i need.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if your using exstruded polystyrene you should look on youtube for Dafrontlinetrooper.
He makes guns out of this materiel and tutorials as well.
Its a great way to learn a little more on making halo gun props.

Last edited by a moderator:
yup, thick foamcore worked pretty good but I'm alreadythinking ill redo it. Question with the scaling tho. I have most of the upper shoulder done and glued together but the size is prolly 3/4 of a inch to big. I trimed it down and it works now, but should I mess with the size in pep designer and just re print and cut all my templates or can it be done with the size I have and just corrected as I go along. O and one last thing my angled cut suck worse than a Kirby cleaner. They are smooth and straight but not anywhere near the angle I need any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks

So my first good night of foam cutting and I think it’s going well so far. Got my gold visor in the mail yesterday and finished my helmet. Yes it is the halo 3 collector’s edition helmet too. I moded it last year to wear and just never got around to finishing it. I hope to have the shoulders done by the weekend but we shall see. Until next time.

Little more here and there. Almost done with one, and more than half way on the other. Also I am completely redoing the pistol now. Rummaging through a lot of old stuff I found an old bb gun that looks just like the M6D. It needs a little modding but not much. I’ll get a pic up once I get a chance.

Progress I think, the shoulders are done! I have to add the battery pack in the left side and finish the foamies on the right but done. Here is a pic of the M6D which ive started to work on. I haven’t really used the pep files other than a quick starting point and I plan on stating the forearm next, anyone have any recommendations on how to achieve that nice smooth round look on the sides on the forearm?

Thanks in advance

OK guys a long needed update; I have finished the chest piece! Wooo. I think I cut out maybe 10 template pieces out of the 24 pages of pieces I printed. It’s looking like it is just easier to free hand build I think next ill start the cod piece or the upper thighs. All I know is I am running out of time and fast and only 10 more weeks to finish everything, paint, and lighting...O and something I’m cooking up don’t know yet if it will turn out, doesn’t seem like enough time. Still need an answer to my forearm question, if anyone happens to have a tip let me know?

Thanks

Thanks

nice build, but it looks a bit flat on the chest :p
a little heat-bending wouldn't hurt :)

The pics are a bit deceiving, but I always have the heat gun ready. Where would you susjust needs more of a bend? Ill take some better pics later tonight of it on and with the sides snapped shut, they where unsnapped in these pics.

Thanks
The pics are a bit deceiving, but I always have the heat gun ready. Where would you susjust needs more of a bend? Ill take some better pics later tonight of it on and with the sides snapped shut, they where unsnapped in these pics.

i suggest you bend it more vertically | so that the tummy piece bends somewhat inward towards the stumach. i'll draw it if you don't understand :p

i suggest you bend it more vertically | so that the tummy piece bends somewhat inward towards the stumach. i'll draw it if you don't understand :p

Nope I understand it perfectly, thanks. I should be able to get some work done on it sometime this week; however, it is going to be a busy week so I am not sure.

Well small sort of update:

I got some work done on the shin, but not sure im happy with it. The pictures dont come close to showing how big it is in person, its not all the way done but Im thinking this might get remade soon.

[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back