Chiefwannabe's free-hand odst build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys for all your kind words!!
Now that school holidays are over, progress will be coming a lot slower, except for weekends where I can get a lot done.
thanks again guys!!

Hey guys Ive been thinking really hard on what to do for the visor. I don't want to spend too much and I want it shipped quickly. I was thinking about using these [h=3]Flexible Visors gold / silver / red / blue and only using silver so I could have extras for other projects

I have also been contemplating the thought of using a motorcycle visor ODST Visor Tutorial but they are pretty expensive apparently but I haven't looked into it so I may be wrong.[/h]
Thanks guys for all your kind words and encouragement!!!!

Little bit more progress on the helmet ( I think Im going to call it a bucket from here on in):lol
So Ive been very busy with school and stuff so not as much progress as hoped but then again, studies come first:rolleyes

So all Ive done is fill in the gaps and platsi-dip the thing so ill let the pics do the talking
IMG_5046.jpgIMG_5047.jpgIMG_5048.jpg
IMG_5053.jpg
Ive added some thin piping to make the LED installing easier.
IMG_5054.jpg IMG_5055.jpgIMG_5056.jpgIMG_5057.jpgIMG_5058.jpg

Here it is plasti-dipped ( stupid finger photo bombed all the photos:facepalm)
IMG_5059.jpgIMG_5060.jpgIMG_5061.jpgIMG_5062.jpg

Thanks guys!! I cant do much more plasti-dipping cause Im all out but I can paint what needs to be painted so look out for that!!!

I believe some of you(Mesh and
Roku yes I mean you)
wanted to see the helmet painted so here it is!!!!
IMG_5063.jpgIMG_5064.jpgIMG_5065.jpgIMG_5066.jpg

All I need to do now is put in the visor (well bye it first) and led installing!
Im almost there!!!!!

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5065.jpg

IMG_5066.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Not a huge update but I thought I would share it any way
IMG_5068.jpg
I made a plasma burn on the side of the bucket using hot glue and spreading it around using the tip of the glue gun.

I will have more updates tomorrow when I get time to start finishing this thing!!

It looks good but keep in mind that a plasma burn, even a grazing shot, would leave some type of indentation in the armor.......a gauging of the metal burning away.

It looks good but keep in mind that a plasma burn, even a grazing shot, would leave some type of indentation in the armor.......a gauging of the metal burning away.

Thanks! I have taken this into account and I have been thinking of doing a larger one on the chest that actually gauges at the armor. the one on the helmet im thinking was probably a close call and the plasma bolt just missed the helmet leaving a slight burn across the bucket.

Ok some progress on the assault rifle.
I built the top part out of thin EVA and that caused some problems because it was incredibly flimsy and wobbly. See pics.
So to fix this i rebuilt it using the regular EVA foam.
IT TIME FOR A PHOTO DUMP!!
IMG_5073.JPGIMG_5071.JPG
here is the top attached
IMG_5075.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5076.JPG
    IMG_5076.JPG
    802.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5077.JPG
    IMG_5077.JPG
    638.3 KB · Views: 179
Nice!

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Is it rigid enough now? I am contemplating doing an AR out of EVA and wonder if it should have a dowel running down the middle for rigidity.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

I've done a couple in the past.
When you're starting to talk about 50cm or longer, I would strongly suggest giving it a solid core like with a dowel.

Reactions: Jme
Is it rigid enough now? I am contemplating doing an AR out of EVA and wonder if it should have a dowel running down the middle for rigidity.

I have a PVC pipe running down the length of the AR and it is very rigid, so rigid in fact I can shake it around and it wont wobble at all

Excellent, good to know guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back