2 weeks challenge 2 foam suits

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that is very nice work for 2 weeks! you have some strong dedication there!

thank you to all for comments. I really enjoy this build and time spend with this site and friends here. I'm going to take my time detailing this suit and planing for my next build.

cheers
sandy

Nice work on the foam armor, and fast too. One nice thing about foam is you can go back and reshape it, or add details to it, making it a continual WIP, almost a year later and I am still doing mods. Good luck on the next project.

Nice Foam work you have going here, And lets not even bring up that you did it in only 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing the mod's in the color.

Thank you everyone for looking at my build and for the great comments and I have to say sorry for no update in a while because I have a lot of stupid things happen in my life right now but I manage to make the second suit and I almost finish it ( all I have to do now are 2 biceps and pelvis) I will post some of the pictures tomorrow. Btw the second suit took almost 2 weeks to get this far.
here is the picture
43631419-1.jpg

I need to double post this because I made the shoulder piece for carter build and here are the pictures
a8dc9ba2.jpg

almost full suit ( need to finish the pelvis piece)
ea59d829.jpg

Lots of questions!
How do you build so fast?
How do you build with foam?
Whats your adhesive?
I am gladly to answer your questions.
1st Q: How do I build so fast?
A: I read as many threads as I can about how to cut, glue and detail. Ben steeper foam build
Thread is my first inspiration.
2nd Q: How do I build with foam?
A: I did a lot of trial and errors with a few type of foam, cutting tools, adhesive and find soft foam mats(1/4 inch), small box cutter, sharpening stone, high temp glue gun, lots of glue sticks
are the things I used plus some good pep files.
And the last question. Hot glue and a lot of long glue sticks.

Thanks! im starting my first foam suit soon so i hope for the best (following your advice on reading as many forums as i can)

Great job. Very nice. Now just think what you could do with out the time crunch. It would be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back