2010 Con's You Are Planning For

Status
Not open for further replies.
More to be added:

- All-Con

- A-Kon

- Gen Con

- Dragon*Con

As long as I can afford them. Gen Con and Dragon*Con are for sure, though.

Drakku said:
More to be added:

- All-Con

- A-Kon

- Gen Con

- Dragon*Con

Yay, I'll see you at All-Con and possibly A-Kon

Last edited by a moderator:
The wife and I debated going to SDCC but when we heard it's over 200,000 people according to last years estimates we changed our minds haha.

Dragon*Con is enough for us and that generally only has around 40,000 - 50,000 people.

Drakku said:
More to be added:

- All-Con

- A-Kon

- Gen Con

- Dragon*Con

cool, you think if you do another work shop to do it later in the day, not at 9am (take alot of time to park and register)

Nintendude said:
Yay, I'll see you at All-Con and possibly A-Kon
:] We'll have to plan a get together of some sort. My friends'll have a booth.

rvb18 said:
cool, you think if you do another work shop to do it later in the day, not at 9am (take alot of time to park and register)
Yeah, true that! It'll be a lot more organized this year, and we'll have more than one workshop, different times of the day so we can hopefully guarantee as many people as possible.

:] We made $80 with just the one workshop! Minus what was spent to ship back some props used for it, what's left over is going to be used to buy us cardstock to have pepakura demos at GenCon 2010, and to fund for better handouts. Then what we got from those workshops.. well, secret! :0!

ah good, the damn line was so big last time i misted the end of the shop by 5 minutes. that means i was in line for over 2 hours!! did get to see loess's lee br and his odst. misted cortana though. next year look for a mark V and il look for the arbiter

San Diego Comic Con seemed too crowded and I didn't feel like fighting for tickets this year...so maybe in 2011. I am living down in San Diego for school, so if people are coming down it'd be great to meet up with some of you guys.

Now PAX West...that I will definitely be going to. :) Bungie, RvB, more video games and tabletop games than you can manage to see in a weekend....that is my type of convention.

Neoproks said:
I'm going to Supercon and maybe Battle con (both in Florida). Anyone know any other worthwhile cons in Florida?

see you in FL Supercon then! :D

I plan on going to the SDCC and hopefully meet up with a bunch of odst's, and the rest of the 405 members that are going to be there.I plan on staying for at least 2days I think.

My con season starts in April:

Kawaii Kon (Hawaii)

Anime Expo (California)

E3 (California)

San Diego Comic Con (California)

Anime Weekend Atlanta (Georgia)

--- I'll be showcasing my armor at SDCC

Drakku said:
:] We'll have to plan a get together of some sort. My friends'll have a booth.

Yeah, true that! It'll be a lot more organized this year, and we'll have more than one workshop, different times of the day so we can hopefully guarantee as many people as possible.

:] We made $80 with just the one workshop! Minus what was spent to ship back some props used for it, what's left over is going to be used to buy us cardstock to have pepakura demos at GenCon 2010, and to fund for better handouts. Then what we got from those workshops.. well, secret! :0!

I agree we definatly need to have a meetup of some kind for All-Con, If you went for 2009 I was walking around in a Disturbed (the band) Mascot costume but had trouble seeing out of it I hope to have my Spartan done by then of course so it should be hard spotting me. I may be hanging out around the CDF table though most of the convention. Also I get to have a presentation one of the days of All-Con for teaching people how to use Designer to make pep models. So we will most definatly need to plan like 2 weeks ahead for a meetup.Also if you need any help with your Arby I would be glad to assist while down there.

Dani-Girl said:
My con season starts in April:

Kawaii Kon (Hawaii)

Anime Expo (California)

E3 (California)

San Diego Comic Con (California)

Anime Weekend Atlanta (Georgia)

--- I'll be showcasing my armor at SDCC

Great can't wait to see it. I haven't yet decided what day i'm going though.....There is a group called the Halo california costuming group, if any one is interested in getting together, sign up there. Were plannning already for the SDCCC. Other events are there too if interested :D

here is the link:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20330&st=80&p=378712&fromsearch=1&#entry378712

How do you find a con? Pm me with anwer because i will forget about this thread in a few mintes. Why am i typeing this? If you know of any in Memphis tell me.

-.- Cayoke

If you are looking for cons in Memphis well I know there's the MidSouthCon and a few others search online for Memphis TN Sci-Fi Conventions and you should find what you are looking for.

my cons for 2010 are

Megacon (Orlando Florida)

FX International (if it still exists) (Orlando Fl)

Celebration V (Possibly) (Orlando Fl)

DragonCon (Atlanta Ga)

Spooky Empire (Orlando Fl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back