1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

28mm Halo battlefield

Discussion in 'Halo 3D Modeling' started by Riffick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Riffick

Riffick New Member

Hey all, new to the site, this is my first post.

In addition to making my own armor, which I see there's a lot of information on here, I'm looking to make some 28mm scale miniatures for my weekly table top games. I'm also just starting out in 3d printing (just got my first printer!).

Does anyone have any experience with doing this? Maybe how to put all that nice armor back on to a figure and 3d print it, or point me towards a .obj file with the armor still on?

2. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO 405th Regiment Officer

Do you have an SLA printer? 28mm will be okay for printing vehicles but when it comes down to infantry it'll be a tough slog with an FDM machine.

3. Riffick

Riffick New Member

It's an FDM. I've been researching miniature printing with it, and yea definitely going to be pain. But it is apparently possible, so I'm going to give it a solid attempt.

TurboCharizard likes this.
  4. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO 405th Regiment Officer

Splitting minis along lines to minimize supports is probably my best advice. Since you're new to the machine, start with a few mid sized prints to get your settings dialed in so that you can get into a finer detail print later on a lot easier.

5. Riffick

Riffick New Member

After the upgrade bits from thingiverse.com, I'm probably going to start with some terrain pieces. If they get messed up somehow, oh well something just got glassed (same for any thing else that goes sidewise).

My games typically focus on infantry tactics, so I really do have to nail mini figures somehow. Which is why I'm looking for the complete character files, less work reattaching armor bits.

I do own all halo games, just can't seem to find anything like what I'm looking for =/

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  6. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku

What style of game are you making?

Also what do you mean by "just can't seem to find anything like what I'm looking for"?

7. Hein B107

Hein B107

Halo ground command group on facebook could be a big help. There are some very talented designers there tgat also print.

One guy has drawn and printed the falcon. He is actually setting up a shop to sell stuff.

Ground command is smaller but still looks great. And there are already rules for that. The facebook community is even doing faq's and improvements to balance the game

TurboCharizard likes this.
  8. Riffick

Riffick New Member

I'm looking for full armored figures from halo, and not having great luck. But I'm probably looking in all the wrong places.

I'm thinking worst case add the armor files to a dummy (scaling appropriately) and see how .stl conversion goes.

Definitely going to be some doing on my end, but worth it if it works.

9. Riffick

Riffick New Member

Cool I'll check it out!

10. Riffick

Riffick New Member

it's the D20 modern system applied to Halo, so basically D&D Halo

Also, digging deeper is yielding results that I can work with

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.