Status
Not open for further replies.

Riffick

Hey all, new to the site, this is my first post.

In addition to making my own armor, which I see there's a lot of information on here, I'm looking to make some 28mm scale miniatures for my weekly table top games. I'm also just starting out in 3d printing (just got my first printer!).

Does anyone have any experience with doing this? Maybe how to put all that nice armor back on to a figure and 3d print it, or point me towards a .obj file with the armor still on?

Hey all, new to the site, this is my first post.

In addition to making my own armor, which I see there's a lot of information on here, I'm looking to make some 28mm scale miniatures for my weekly table top games. I'm also just starting out in 3d printing (just got my first printer!).

Does anyone have any experience with doing this? Maybe how to put all that nice armor back on to a figure and 3d print it, or point me towards a .obj file with the armor still on?

Do you have an SLA printer? 28mm will be okay for printing vehicles but when it comes down to infantry it'll be a tough slog with an FDM machine.

It's an FDM. I've been researching miniature printing with it, and yea definitely going to be pain. But it is apparently possible, so I'm going to give it a solid attempt.

Splitting minis along lines to minimize supports is probably my best advice. Since you're new to the machine, start with a few mid sized prints to get your settings dialed in so that you can get into a finer detail print later on a lot easier.

Splitting minis along lines to minimize supports is probably my best advice. Since you're new to the machine, start with a few mid sized prints to get your settings dialed in so that you can get into a finer detail print later on a lot easier.

After the upgrade bits from thingiverse.com, I'm probably going to start with some terrain pieces. If they get messed up somehow, oh well something just got glassed (same for any thing else that goes sidewise).

My games typically focus on infantry tactics, so I really do have to nail mini figures somehow. Which is why I'm looking for the complete character files, less work reattaching armor bits.

I do own all halo games, just can't seem to find anything like what I'm looking for =/

Halo ground command group on facebook could be a big help. There are some very talented designers there tgat also print.

One guy has drawn and printed the falcon. He is actually setting up a shop to sell stuff.

Ground command is smaller but still looks great. And there are already rules for that. The facebook community is even doing faq's and improvements to balance the game

I'm looking for full armored figures from halo, and not having great luck. But I'm probably looking in all the wrong places.

I'm thinking worst case add the armor files to a dummy (scaling appropriately) and see how .stl conversion goes.

Definitely going to be some doing on my end, but worth it if it works.

Halo ground command group on facebook could be a big help. There are some very talented designers there tgat also print.

One guy has drawn and printed the falcon. He is actually setting up a shop to sell stuff.

Ground command is smaller but still looks great. And there are already rules for that. The facebook community is even doing faq's and improvements to balance the game

Cool I'll check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back