3-D Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
BackBONE said:
I found this picture in another forum:

staffweapon-00.jpg

and was assuming a height of 2 meters.

Do you have informations of the actual staff-props they used in the movie?

most of the information i have seen put the staff length at just a little over 7 feet 5 inches in length . this comes from the prop builder's forum from several people who own screen used staff weapons ,but as was also mentioned this is open to debate becouse of the design changes across the production of the show .

personally i feel that 7'5" is a good length for it to be

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Has the Serpent Guard file been released yet?

I'm half way through the Anubis head and i'll put some pics up when i'm finished.

If you want any help with rough dimensions etc I may be able to help ;)

18044_299598166913_698646913_3545378_2881686_n.jpg
18044_299596931913_698646913_3545372_2738515_n.jpg
18044_299596916913_698646913_3545371_5370704_n.jpg

My armour is screen used, my helmet a fan reproduction, the soft elements done myself, my staff weapon and zat basically from studio moulds, but anything to help people out I'm there,, albeit a bit slowly at times :lol

ATB

TK-Lee

Unfortunately I'm not out to get a reputation in prop circles as a recaster so I won't be recasting my helmet,, a shame as the makers of these have since disappeared off the radar,, but oh well, not only that I'm in the UK and the shipping costs to the UK would have been muhassive :lol , there may be another source or 2 appearing in the next year or so, so never fear ;)

Mine is fiberglass and heavy, but it's not that that gets you it's the near zero visibility and minimal ventilation :lol

There on the "To Do" list :lol I have a few beefy fans out of and old server rack (Although may buy new quite running ones) and was going to add some hidden slots in the top and test it both ways pushing and pulling see what works best :)

I haven't measured my staff weapon officially but it's about the 7 foot mark I'm 5'10 for ref ;)

JAFFA KREE :)

5260_110175306913_698646913_2314789_1918861_n.jpg

BackBONE said:
Thats what i feard in the first place. But once you have the size for the second part you can just apply the scale factor to the first part to make it fit.

Is anything else wrong with it? Any changes needed?

No updates on the other peps jet. Wanted to wait to see how anubis turnes out.

Whats the most wanted anyway?

Birdhead

Snakehead

Zat

Staff

Anything i missed, let me know.

Hey there,

I'm a bit new to 405th but getting to grips with pepin an I'm more than interested in workin on some awesome stargate stuff

My personal prefrence with what you should do is:

Snakehead

Zat

Staff

Birdhead

An you can count on me as a test builder! for what ever you do first...

Thanks for all the hard an awesome work you've put into this. I've just jumped in an while goin through all the posts an stuff, i've just seen how much you've done an what your willin to do.

Its AWESOME!... keep up the awesome work

Last edited by a moderator:
wow that just kinda dropped of the edge of the map . any progress on the zat staff weapon and snake helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back