31 July Epic Toy Show (Phoenix) It's Time to Start Trooping Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redshirt

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Member DIN
S980
It's Time to Start Trooping Again!
31 July Epic Toy Show--Phoenix

The pandemic is winding down and it is time to deploy again!

We are looking to establish a core team for an organized 405th presence at CONs in the Phoenix and Tucson area. Chief 1343 and I (Redshirt) decided to start small and have secured a booth at the Epic Toy Show, a small CON centered around toys and pop culture. They want to grow their cosplay participation and this seemed like a great place to get a start at organizing local 405th members.
192162539_334768717999138_5335495438753340298_n.jpg

So far we have a booth, the two of us and our costumes and props. We need you to make it work! We are looking for other 405th members in the Phoenix and Tucson area to show up. In addition to more people, we could use the following to make this event better:
A banner or banners
Another table
Display racks
More props or interesting works in progress--anything that can help.

45521457_2073239972697111_8732844187050835968_n.jpg

A booth is a great way to draw in new members and provides a base of operations for the cosplayers. Even if you don't have a costume, no problem. We need non costume members to help run the booth, answer questions and assist the cosplayers. Based on interest, Chief 1343 and I will try and organize participants to keep cosplayers on hand for photo ops and man the booth to answer build method and membership questions.

28164952_1739443422743436_8751109029489802974_o.jpg

If you can help or want to attend, reply in this thread or message Chief1343 or Redshirt directly. We'll be setting up around 7am and breaking the booth down at 4pm when the show ends. Hope to see you there.

Redshirt
Chief 1343

As formerly started I will be helping with the epictoyshow event alongside Redshirt, if you have any further questions or wish to help with the table be sure to contact me thru the following:

405th forums: Chief1343

Instagram: Chief_props

Facebook: Carter Jun

Be sure to also contact Redshirt as he is also available to answer any questions or inquiries pertaining to volunteering at the epictoshow event.

LETS GET TROOPING AGAIN!

I'm in; I have no suit though I have excellent customer service so work a table and answering basic question. I can handle that much at least I have a foldable table and some Eva foam I can bring for example material and templates.

I'm in; I have no suit though I have excellent customer service so work a table and answering basic question. I can handle that much at least I have a foldable table and some Eva foam I can bring for example material and templates.

I’ll be particitating, I have a 3D printed unfinished grenade launcher I could bring. I also have a Spartan-III to wear and help cover the costuming shifts if necessary.
Shadowind and Metro!
Great to hear. Welcome! Very good to have another costumed member, Shadowind. We can definitely use the table and additional props from both of you. I won't be in a hard costume either, so happy to have Metro at the table with me.
Redshirt

red if you got a UNSC dress uniform we do like a recruiting table;) we can also save this idea for comic con next year

Last edited:
I can do it, I've got my Ghillie ODST so I hope to god there's AC. I have a wooden gun rack if you need something to hold props but it sits low to the ground so idk if it'd be good enough
Awesome. Do you think the gun rack could go up on a table behind us? Post a pic if you can.
Redshirt
Guess who's not coming back from the Slayer match--the guy in the Red Shirt
Signature Project: Halo 3 Working Airsoft Spartan Laser in Metal & Fiberglass

red if you got a UNSC dress uniform we do like a recruiting table;) we can also save this idea for comic con next year
I don't have a dress uniform, just APACS-AU or APACS-FG pants (great match for marine/ODST patterns) and a UNSC T-shirt and floppy hat with spartan emblem.
Pensacon.jpg

More like a garrison/utility uniform. Basically what I airsoft in because my props are so heavy.
Redshirt

Awesome. Do you think the gun rack could go up on a table behind us? Post a pic if you can.
Redshirt
how many table do we have cause if we want do that we may need more; also we need to check what they allow for props cause gun may be a no go. Also Red can you and Carter write and print a basic Q&A sheet with stuff on the 405th and southwest regiment info on it that we can use for questions we don't know. I'm still new to the group. Now for me to have a little fun some time in the future Arizona division of the Southwest Regiment should make a banner that says "From thee ashes of New Phoenix we rise!" :cool: what do think of that for the future?

how many table do we have cause if we want do that we may need more; also we need to check what they allow for props cause gun may be a no go. Also Red can you and Carter write and print a basic Q&A sheet with stuff on the 405th and southwest regiment info on it that we can use for questions we don't know. I'm still new to the group. Now for me to have a little fun some time in the future Arizona division of the Southwest Regiment should make a banner that says "From thee ashes of New Phoenix we rise!" :cool: what do think of that for the future?
Hey Metro!
We have one 8' table. We'll be putting another table behind us to display props and costume parts on. We have a weapons rack also.

This CON is not particularly well-organized to do weapons inspection and peace bonding (zip-tieing the actions open or triggers back). That means we need to do our own common sense work on weapons. I expect our participants to adhere to the following: If it looks like a modern weapon (DMR, Magnum, AR, etc) it will have a red tip. If it is an airsoft gun/prop (CB-88, my Splaser, etc) it will be rendered incapable of firing. Unloaded is NOT good enough. I remove the springs, cylinders and/or gearboxes from mine. If it is obviously an alien or sci-fi weapon, no red tip is required. No metal or rigid blades that can be removed from scabbards. Zip tie them in. No real-steel firearms can come into the venue. I'm a big 2A and concealed carry advocate, but I never go out the door with real steel when I'm headed anywhere with weapons props. The mixup risk by a third party is too stupid to contemplate.

I like the New Phoenix banner idea. We'll talk about that.

Chief1343 and I are working with Division on banners and recruiting handouts for the event. More to follow.

Chief1343 and I will pull everyone in for a virtual safety / rules of engagement brief before the event with an in-person opportunity at the event.

To all of the younger members with costumes: if you have not yet submitted your completed costume for Deployment certification, I'd encourage you to do so. It is NOT at all a requirement despite what some 405th detractors say. It is a path to vote in regimental elections and get some recognition for your hard work. There is no rush to do so before this event. I'm happy to give pointers on costumes at the event and help with the process.

Let me end by saying thanks for participating and your interest in 'doing it right'. I look forward to meeting you.

V/R
Redshirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back