3d gundam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why you cant open up the files, almost all the files worked for me when I just tried to open them.

So sorry about this ein but as i was unfolding the helmet i came to the conclusion that some of the faces that are not ajoined in pepakura will not work when your putting it together. I went through the files and here is the list of ones that need to be fixed:

~Backpack
~Head
~left Hand (one or two spots at the palm)
~Left Lower Arm (small spots but keep the elbow piece that juts out the way it is.)
~Left Shoulder (leave the vents on the edge not attached for easier application)
~Left Upper arm (don't really know how this will attach to the lower arm but it could just be me. Keep the round joints and the extruding piece at the top apart from everything but there is a couple small open faces.)
~Left foot (looks like it is mostly at the Gray piece in the back of the foot and one or two other spots towards the front)
~Left Knee (this one looks like a mess...there is a lot of open faces on this one)
~Left Thigh (not too much needed done here but keep the knob thing in the side apart)
~Gun (this needs a lot of work but don't spend too much time on this first. Do the other body parts before this)
~Right Hand (for some reason the fingers are not in this...any way to import the ones from the left hand and flip them to fit the right?)
~~So it looks like everything else in the Right Arm and Right Leg folders are just like the Left folders...maybe not as much needed done to them though.

Thanks man and i will get started on the pelvis and shield you gave me!

Yea the red lines in pep. it means the line does not connect to the item right next to it. The ones on the openings are fine because they are meant to be there but when they are in the middle of a flat piece it doesn't make sense.

Ok just making sure before I really get into it, just let me know how I did on the two files I already did if there good enough or they need better work. Im still just trying to figure this stuff out.

Dude the two files were amazing! they were so clean when i got them! I am already almost done with the pelvis area that you did.

Cool just wanted to see if I was doing a good job. I will do all the pieces the way you want but the lower left arm cuz I started before hand and its already done and i fixed the red line on the elbow sorry.

hey Shadow hows those 2 files coming? Also I will be sending more your way soon so far I have the left sholder, lower arm, hand and foot

Slow but i should have the pelvis out by this weekend. Don't know how long it will take me to do the shield.

I know it has been a while but i got some time to work on the hip plates for the RX-79 [G] but i don't have it completely done just yet...just a little more to go and ill post it up.

Just thought i should add a status on it.

Hey guys. sorry ive been busy with RL. I am currently using Autodesk Maya and I was wondering if you could export the files as OBJ or something that Maya can use. I think that OBJ will do fine. I tried to convert the files with fbx but it didnt work.

Okay...i have an update that is pretty bad news on my end. As of now my computer crashed and 99% of all my documents are gone. Including all the Gundam ones and all of my other costuming files i have been collecting for over a year now. I will try and see if i can recover them but it will take time.

Okay...i have an update that is pretty bad news on my end. As of now my computer crashed and 99% of all my documents are gone. Including all the Gundam ones and all of my other costuming files i have been collecting for over a year now. I will try and see if i can recover them but it will take time.

Awe always hate to hear progress has been lost but these things happen. Good luck recovering it thought hope you can!

I know I have been gone for awhile sorry about that got really busy, and that really sucks to hear that shadow. I still have all the stuff you sent me if you want it let me know. Also If I dont get really busy again I should be able to get the RX-79 done in a few weeks for anyone who will be able to do it.

that's okay ein i know summer has everyone pretty busy. I got my computer back up and running I'm just trying to find time to work on it again. Turns out the malware just hid most of my files and then changed some registry things but i got it fixed up.

Thats good to hear alot of my friends have had hard drive crashes as of late so I know what a pain it is but good to hear you didnt lose everything.

Peped Gundam helmet.

323427612.jpg

http://twitpic.com/5ck6cc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back