3D Model problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic muffin

I found a google sketchup model using MOZ's chest and backpack peices attached and erased the rest. I also added the vents on the backpack. I exported it to .kmz and it makes pepakura spaz out and stop working. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance:cool

I found a google sketchup model using MOZ's chest and backpack peices attached and erased the rest. I also added the vents on the backpack. I exported it to .kmz and it makes pepakura spaz out and stop working. Is there any way to fix this problem?
Try exporting in .dae format and open it with PD3.

for some people it works, others it doesn't. I can't get dae.'s to work either. Maybe you need google earth or something? I'm really not sure. 1 word of caution though, sketchup does weird things when a model is opened in pep. Lots of open edges and weird things happen. Blender is a better program for editing in my opinion, plus you can just export an obj. saving you lots of greif. Just a suggestion. :)

for some people it works, others it doesn't. I can't get dae.'s to work either. Maybe you need google earth or something? I'm really not sure.
In my case, I simply updated my PD3 to its latest version and it now supports dae.

1 word of caution though, sketchup does weird things when a model is opened in pep. Lots of open edges and weird things happen. Blender is a better program for editing in my opinion, plus you can just export an obj. saving you lots of greif. Just a suggestion. :)
I've been pretty successful with SketchUp when in comes to editing models although I must admit that while I can easily spot an open edge with it, the edit sometimes creates an extra face, which shows up as open edges in PD, and it's impossible to spot. Another peeve of mine is that I cannot import obj files; only 3ds. Pretty minor in the larger scheme of things.

Done.

EVA Helmet by E.C.

I'm not sure if you used SU7 or SU8 but either way, the exported model gets messed up (double layers of faces) so what I did is to save it in SU6 to make the export more compatible with PD. I also did some editing on the model by increasing the width of the helmet opening at the bottom. I felt that the brims were too wide, which will be trimmed out later anyway. And oh yeah, it's already unfolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back