3D Modeling Programs Compatible With Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atronic

I'm just curious as to knowing what 3d modeling programs there are for free or for a low price that I can easily get to design in. It doesn't really matter to me whether they're only compatible for PC or Mac but I would prefer one compatible with Mac since thats what I already run all of my adobe programs on. Anyone know as to what programs are out there?

blender 3d = free and kinda good.

sketchup = erm not really a good program

Studio max = cost alot

lightwave 3d = cost alot

maya = cost alot

Metasequoia and Milkshape 3d are great for low-poly models. Skip uses Metasequoia for his pep model designs, and I use Milkshape 3d (mostly).

Anything that can export a .obj file is usable with pepakura. I have a copy of 3ds Max 09 from my school, and any time I fee like pepping something I export the file as an .obj and then import that into pep.

I has been using 3ds max. It's easy to model but I'm not recommended for beginner. Because It's hard to learn for use it. I has read 3ds max tutorial 2 books about 754 pages. VERY HARD!!

Blender is a great program. Its how i got started into 3D modeling back in 2000.

I've moved to Strata 3D.

Strata 3D isnt too bad compared to others in price, however it will still run ~$700. It mimics and integrates with photoshop and various other adobe programs so if you're a fluent shooper, its fairly easy to learn your way around it.

3ds max has a 30 trial, just google for it. It would help greatly if you already knew what you're doing before you start using up your days though. Also most schools have programs you can use for free.

I want to thank everyone for the input on the question! I'm going to try blender for now so i can find a program to KEEP but I used to have 3ds max and I self taught myself so much with it, haha. Thanks for everytihng though guys! If anyone knows even mroe stuff that may be of any help please reply anyways!

Munzlat7 Studios said:
I want to thank everyone for the input on the question! I'm going to try blender for now so i can find a program to KEEP but I used to have 3ds max and I self taught myself so much with it, haha. Thanks for everytihng though guys! If anyone knows even mroe stuff that may be of any help please reply anyways!

They have some good videos on "blender underground" i am still teaching myself blender too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I just started building my files witha program I forgot I had on my old computer. It's called anim8or. It's free supposedly. I got it in school when my teacher had us use it as a lesson in my multimedia class. He claimed he downlaoded it the night before for free to give to all of us. So check it out! Btw I think this program is 10 TIMES EASIER than blender!

Just cheched that program, rly easy and simple. And works with Halo models! :)

3827759570_b20c456a01_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back