3D printer HELP thread

Discussion in 'Halo 3D Modeling' started by peterthethinker, Nov 8, 2016.

1. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO & BCO 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

I'll inform the fire department! Maybe they'll give me a free calendar for alerting them to a fire hazard!

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  2. HATE Recon

HATE Recon Member

Depends on the quality. My tube melted because I was printing petg (250°C) and it was a cheap nozzle. Got better tubing and haven't had an issue since.

3. HATE Recon

HATE Recon Member

Regardless, most likely cause is a partial clog. Or an incorrect nozzle size setting in the software could do it too.

4. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO & BCO 405th Regiment Officer Community Staff

PFTE should be able to survive into the 300°C range before reaching it's transition temperature. You might need to double check your supplier is giving you what you paid for.

Lieutenant Jaku and arma358 like this.
  5. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku Well-Known Member

Oops I didn't read this, I'll check those. Thanks guys

TurboCharizard likes this.
  6. Connor C

Connor C New Member

Ive tried 3d printing once, but i didn't do so good. Now since i seen this thread this will help me more.

TurboCharizard likes this.
  7. GMer56

GMer56 Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen with my davinci jr. I dug up a tiny resistor and shoved a lead up the nozzle a few times and wiggled it around. Pretty much fixed the problem.

Not sure how your printer works, but the davinci jr has a few mm airgap in the extruder chassis between the bowden feed line and the heating element/nozzle (also a filament detection switch lives there, but its beside the point), so if your printer has a similar setup and is melting your tube across an air gap you might be pushing your luck with your temperature.