3D printer HELP thread

Discussion in 'Halo 3D Modeling' started by peterthethinker, Nov 8, 2016.

1. peterthethinker

peterthethinker

FYI Meshmixrer does VERY bad at mesh to solid .. Try blender .

2. kaween

kaween

Blerk,Parallels.Talking about a kludge solution. Shudder :(

I've got Bootcamp running on my Imac, I never have issues, and I did so exactly because in my professional life I've run into so many issues with Parallels it's not funny anymore. As the overpriced Frootloops company also hamper Bootcamp performance by locking out the use of Fusion drives on a Bootcamp, my Bootcamp runs from a Thunderbolt external SSD which "offically speaking" is not possible according to Apple, but it's pretty easy to do.

If push comes to shove, you can send the file that's bothering you to me. I'll see what I can do.

PS : Although I hold an ACSP and have 2 Apple machines myself, I actually prefer the Redmond OS any day in professional life, certainly in networking enviroments. But that's just my peronsal opinion and I've said it in the past : this Imac is my last Apple EVER. :D
    But to everyone his own. :)

3. RobotChicken

RobotChicken

This thread should include filament selection - good brands, great brands, and brands to stay away from. The best printer on the planet probably isn't going to perform well at all when using the worst filament on the planet. Would be good to see filament supplier and material property ratings here.

4. TFM

TFM New Member

Depends on what your printer "likes". I've bought expensive filament that was crap, and cheap ones that are great. Printers with teflon tubing (ie most cheap printers) are more sensitive, but my Replicator 2 would eat anything.