3d Printing Iron Man's Mark 85 Armor! Help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterChiefProd

Jr Member
Member DIN
S325
So, I have the STL files for my Mark 85 armor. I was wondering if anyone could drop me a tutorial on how to make such a cosplay and teach me how to scale the files to match my size.
This will be my first 3d Printed cosplay.
There are more files to be shown, but this is just a fraction of the number of files I have for this armor.

As someone with no experience with 3d printing, how long would it take for me to finish printing this armor?

I will give you all a daily update on the progress of this armor.

As always, any and all help will be appreciated and welcomed!

Attachments

• 1672006969659.png
    1672006969659.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 1672006984237.png
    1672006984237.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 1672006992977.png
    1672006992977.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 1672007004400.png
    1672007004400.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 91
Hey Spartan325Orson ! Welcome to the forums! I usually wait until someone with actual experience comments but it's been a while so I'ma go ahead and throw my 2 cents in. Generally speaking we recommend a program called armorsmith for scaling needs. It's about 35$ (I think) and it allows you to put in your actual body measurements and creat a virtual mannequin of yourself to which to scale the armor. You can then import your files and scale them directly to yourself. I use the program to scale pdo files for pep but I know some others who use it for 3d printing as well.

As for a tutorial, we do not have one for iron man armor. That being said, you can always look through other people's 3d printed builds and get a feel for their strategies and techniques. You can check the tutorials page(?) Section(?) For some guidance on 3d printing otherwise I would go to YouTube. Also check out the many 3d printer help threads if you run into questions. The best way to get help, however, is probably just to make a build thread for the armor and ask questions as you encounter problems. There are lots of members who are awesome at 3d printing and always willing to help.

For how long- couldn't say. Print time depends on your settings, material of choice and how effectively you have your printer dialed in. Total build time largely depends on how in depth you want to go, how many struggles you encounter and how much time you have per day to invest in this project. Some people can crank out suits in a couple of months, others it takes years. 3d printing is nice because so much of the time is passive but sanding and finishing is not a quick process - especially this time of year where it can be difficult to be outside.

Make sure that you choose your materials well and have whatever safety equipment you will need. You don't need some of those fumes in your lungs.

Iron man armor is dope so I hope you use this as a build thread and start posting pictures! Good luck, and good crafting!

Hey Spartan325Orson ! Welcome to the forums! I usually wait until someone with actual experience comments but it's been a while so I'ma go ahead and throw my 2 cents in. Generally speaking we recommend a program called armorsmith for scaling needs. It's about 35$ (I think) and it allows you to put in your actual body measurements and creat a virtual mannequin of yourself to which to scale the armor. You can then import your files and scale them directly to yourself. I use the program to scale pdo files for pep but I know some others who use it for 3d printing as well.

As for a tutorial, we do not have one for iron man armor. That being said, you can always look through other people's 3d printed builds and get a feel for their strategies and techniques. You can check the tutorials page(?) Section(?) For some guidance on 3d printing otherwise I would go to YouTube. Also check out the many 3d printer help threads if you run into questions. The best way to get help, however, is probably just to make a build thread for the armor and ask questions as you encounter problems. There are lots of members who are awesome at 3d printing and always willing to help.

For how long- couldn't say. Print time depends on your settings, material of choice and how effectively you have your printer dialed in. Total build time largely depends on how in depth you want to go, how many struggles you encounter and how much time you have per day to invest in this project. Some people can crank out suits in a couple of months, others it takes years. 3d printing is nice because so much of the time is passive but sanding and finishing is not a quick process - especially this time of year where it can be difficult to be outside.

Make sure that you choose your materials well and have whatever safety equipment you will need. You don't need some of those fumes in your lungs.

Iron man armor is dope so I hope you use this as a build thread and start posting pictures! Good luck, and good crafting!
I appreciate you for your kindness today, my good sir! I will definitely share some pictures!

So you know what filament type you are going to use? What kind of printer do you have? Are the pieces already cut up to fit a bed or do you need to do that still?

So you know what filament type you are going to use? What kind of printer do you have? Are the pieces already cut up to fit a bed or do you need to do that still?
I need to do that still. I found the filament but i need to make it my size, which i dont know how to in armorsmith. this is the printer that i have

Official Creality Ender 3 3D Printer Fully Open Source with Resume Printing Function DIY 3D Printers Printing Size 8.66x8.66x9.84 inch​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back