3ds Max Texture Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuggetWarmer

I've been remodeling a secret model from a game and will be turning it into Pepakura armor. The only issue I'm having is texturing it. Why would I want to texture it? So I can sell it on Turbosquid of course! :p If anybody knows how to texture or make texture maps the right way, please let me know.

Thanks,
Nugget

i can use max (its actually my job). i suppose i can help but i gota warn ya, if you try selling it itll be illigal cuz its not ur model of texture unfortunitaly.... alothoe i have seen ppl try to sell the mister cheif on there so give it a go. :D bdw, i know what secret charicter it is ;) :lol:

flying_squirl said:
i can use max (its actually my job). i suppose i can help but i gota warn ya, if you try selling it itll be illigal cuz its not ur model of texture unfortunitaly.... alothoe i have seen ppl try to sell the mister cheif on there so give it a go. :D bdw, i know what secret charicter it is ;) :lol:

Yeah what FS, you'll get in deep doo-doo. You'll most likely have to unwrap the model and edit the texture in PS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nugget said:
I've been remodeling a secret model from a game and will be turning it into Pepakura armor. The only issue I'm having is texturing it. Why would I want to texture it? So I can sell it on Turbosquid of course! :p If anybody knows how to texture or make texture maps the right way, please let me know.

Thanks,
Nugget

My curiosity is peeked. I'd like to know which game, pm if you like, I won't tell anyone. I myself am working on a set of armor that has pushed me to try and learn Maya to create the look I need as reference materials for my armor are limited. Clay sculting is my next choice, but I'm better with a mouse than a knife.

I texture in Maya but it depends on the type of model I'd have to texture. There are a few different ways you could go about.
I textured the vehicles for the Halo mod made by homefront for Battlefield Vietnam. And of course my Halo/Chief renders

I'm a texture artist, worked on several games. I can help, I UVW unwrap, Texture it in PS then apply it to the model.

flying_squirl said:

Why would it be illegal? I'm making the model myself. All I need is somebody to help me learn to UVW Unwrap.

Also, how could you know what the secret character is? I haven't even mentioned anything about the game, nor did I say it was Halo related. That's why this thread is in General Discussion. :rolleyes

Arthraxis said:
I'm a texture artist, worked on several games. I can help, I UVW unwrap, Texture it in PS then apply it to the model.

I want to be able to do all of the texturing myself, but I have no clue on how to UVW Unwrap. PM me with the details on how to unwrap correctly. Thanks.

flying_squirl said:
SCG: yea i was just thinkin that n ive had enough UVW-ing latly so i realy dnt wanna.

amen man I had to UV like 40 different props the other week for work.. so freakin tedious.

Nugget said:
Why would it be illegal? I'm making the model myself. All I need is somebody to help me learn to UVW Unwrap.

Also, how could you know what the secret character is? I haven't even mentioned anything about the game, nor did I say it was Halo related. That's why this thread is in General Discussion. :rolleyes
I want to be able to do all of the texturing myself, but I have no clue on how to UVW Unwrap. PM me with the details on how to unwrap correctly. Thanks.

If it's from a game, more than likely it'll be illegal to some extent. considering any game character is gonna be copyrighted. You can make the stuff for your own portfolio and for fun. But not for profit.

also, don't expect to make any money whatsoever off of turbosquid. Especially if what you're making isn't A+ quality.

Be glad you had 40 props to UV!!
I've been looking for work since I graduated in 03. T_T

I think you just need to use the "Unwrap UVW" modifier in max, aside form that my eyes cross XP

UVing makes my eyes bleed, wrong kind of tedious for me. I can model and animate like it's nothing, hahah I can make pretty shaders though :D

I was getting kinda tired of keeping it a secret, so I thought I might share some 3D pics with you guys. :)

Side view:
MDKHelmWIP.jpg

Side view with each section moved apart:
MDKHelm-WIP2.jpg

Top view (not much to see here, eh?):
MDKHelm-WIP3.jpg

The neck area is bugging me a LOT! I'm trying to keep it as accurate as possible without loosing detail and without faces overlapping. Right now, the way the neck sizing is, you'd be lucky to get a fat hamster in there. Still a WIP unfortunately. T_T

Try to guess what game it's from!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back