405th Community Game Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
wewantyou.gif

If I get a chance ill play or my son will (hes better than me at halo3) gamertage:
cobrakat

Hah! Nice Keegan, I would put "come join the fight" but, it really doesn't matter cause I sure as hell ain't a artist. Looks about right sized for a sig.

HaloFreakX said:
Hah! Nice Keegan, I would put "come join the fight" but, it really doesn't matter cause I sure as hell ain't a artist. Looks about right sized for a sig.

Done, and edited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have come across a problem this weekend, and others might aswell.

As some of you may not have realized, this Sunday is Mothers Day. This could be a problem for younger children and even adults, and I motion that the game day be moved to Saturday, if its more convienent.

Well, I'm going to be at Dave's this weekend, so I won't commit to being online.

I'll try to work on a graphic, btw. I pictured something in my head that made me lol.
But it'll be a bit. Finals are happening, and I'm struggling to get my final portfolio ready for Drawing II.

Perhaps one of the problems of attendances for Game Nights is that they're too common? If people feel like, "Oh, they happen every weekend, if I miss this one, there's always one next week."
I would almost say we'd have better turnouts if it was once a month. People would have a few weeks to get excited about it.
Or, if that's a bit too long, I think even every other week would space it out just enough to keep people eager to join in when it happens.
You guys know what I mean?

the little missie makes a point... i also like the idea of moving it to saturday.

but then again this is my first time joining in, so...yea.

Sean Bradley said:
Seriously, we need a Game Night street team or something to recruit more players.... otherwise this is gonna die off like it has before.

Can somebody come up with some 405th Community Game Night graphics? Something like a old military recruiting poster that says "Serve your community, fight for the 405th - 405th Community Game Nights" There's tons on Google if you're not sure what I'm talking about. Something like this: but with spartans:

airborne_poster.jpg

We could put them up in our signatures with links to the sign-up thread to help promote this.
Any thoughts?

I'll volunteer for a Game Night Street team! I could pass around some PMs advertising the Game Nights.

I wanna work on an advertisement too! I have a pretty sweet idea :]

I got the go ahead to try and organize some additional players.

I'll be gathering a list of GTs from my Halo 3 clan buddies that might want to play. I'll post whatever list I have by tomorrow(Friday). These people like to goof off, but they also like to play serious as well. Be courteous and respectful. If you can all get along, I think you'll have a pretty good time with these guys and gals.

I'll also list the hosts names on the Anstice Brigade site so they'll be able to find you if you can't find them.

Why do you think?

23Magnum said:
I got the go ahead to try and organize some additional players.

I'll be gathering a list of GTs from my Halo 3 clan buddies that might want to play. I'll post whatever list I have by tomorrow(Friday). These people like to goof off, but they also like to play serious as well. Be courteous and respectful. If you can all get along, I think you'll have a pretty good time with these guys and gals.

I'll also list the hosts names on the Anstice Brigade site so they'll be able to find you if you can't find them.

Why do you think?

That sounds awesome Magnum. We definately need some more players! It will be cool to meet some new people too :]

Here's something I just whipped up on photoshop, not sure if it's what you guys are looking for but hey ho!
Just to note, I did use the 405th hexagonal background for the poster. If there's an issue with copyright or anything, just let me know and it can be sorted :]

COMMUNITYGAMENIGHTScopy.jpg

Alright folks, here's a massive update.

I added Saturday to the dates of the roster. I dunno how I missed Mother's Day as a conflict... maybe since I use my cell phone calendar and not my Hallmark 'Hang in There!' calendar with the inspirational photos of kittens. ;) Thanks for pointing this out.

So, just as the first two game nights, this week's playing will be Saturday and Sunday. Seems like this weekend long thing is working for us... any thoughts on whether we should stick to this rather than rotating the days of the week?

Magnum, I like your idea and I think you should invite the Anstice guys, but keep in mind that the goal here is to get our forum community together, playing and getting to know each other. Surely we could use more players, but we don't want to detract from the goal of recruiting 405thers to play. It's all about fostering more co-operation and friendship among our members.

I'm liking what everyone is doing with the recruiting posters, keep it up!!! I don't know how my link got removed from my post :cautious: , but I'll just let you guys run with this, have fun, and don't forget to add them to your signatures with links to the sign up thread!

Speaking of which, thanks for taking the initiative to get on the portal page Irandis. I want to encourage all of that kind of initiative as possible. I'm really just here to facilitate this, it's a group effort. In time I think that I'll probably pass off the co-ordination chores to somebody else. It's a lot of work, but it's all worth it if we get people online having fun together.

Any other business? Lemme know!

OH, BTW, HaloReplicas.. I'm gonna need your location to add you to a party bud. Thanks!

What time are we talking about for Saturday? If the time is a good one for me then you could count me in. Im in the EST zone. My GT = SinCity334

GT: Kolonel KoRn
EST

I like the posters, I can't make one cause.. I suck, lol.

I've only got ideas but, not major ones.

I'm still sorting out my schedule so, I should be on for mid-afternoon game on Sunday and I'll be working on the armor/weapons a bit if the 50% chance rain works on my favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back