405th Cosplay Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm liking the suggestions!

Just to clarify, we are looking for building tips. We have another section about wearing tips that is already covered.

But anything you wish you had known before you finished your build.

Things like the helmet fan placement is very specific, but knowing for any first-time placements of anything to use a little hotglue and/or tape just to see if you like it or if it works before permanently securing it.

In relation to this. Is there a good fan/LED/battery/wiring guide already on here anywhere?
We don't! I nominate RandomRanger to write a quick tut on how to put four lights and two fans into a helmet. :)

I'm liking the suggestions!

Just to clarify, we are looking for building tips. We have another section about wearing tips that is already covered.

But anything you wish you had known before you finished your build.

Things like the helmet fan placement is very specific, but knowing for any first-time placements of anything to use a little hotglue and/or tape just to see if you like it or if it works before permanently securing it.

We don't! I nominate RandomRanger to write a quick tut on how to put four lights and two fans into a helmet. :)
Considering I'll have to do it again for my next build, I may just do that :p

storm427 - In the Maintenance and the Tips/Tricks what are some kinds of things you would want to know?

And to anyone else, what are some maintenance, tips or tricks that you would want to give to new members? It can be for any method (Pep, Foam, 3d print)

Apologies for not getting back to this. Never got a notification and I've been pretty busy.

Honestly looking through some of the things others have said after this have been good examples. Basically the kind of things you wouldn't know about when you are first starting off. Weird things that are helpful that you wouldn't think of. Also the kinds of things you learn only through horrific failures/mistakes.

I think things like this are not only helpful but also show that the pros make catastrophic mistakes and gives newbies a lighthearted look at things.

I have talked with Colonial at cons about something more for people. Giving people something in their hands always keeps interest. I mean looking at our stuff people get overwhelmed and shy away. Showing the material and steps would stand out to be the best way honestly. I know I have said to people your first suit unless you spend years on it will not be the finished because you make it, wear it, find the kinks, fix it, upgrade talk to other members, make more upgrades. So it is never really a end of project. Some get excited and others want a right from the game armor no extra work.

Sorry got off track...… my bad.... But I think this would be an amazing asset to the 405th and help recruitment in all regiments. Just talk, hand, and hope to see them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back