Not open for further replies.

TurboCharizard

RXO and BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Stream Team
Member DIN
S068
The 405th's birthday is rapidly approaching us and you all know what that means, that's right, streams, games and so much sharing of our favourite parts of our 405th identity that make this an awesome community! Much like in previous years we're going to be taking a broad look at some of our favourite activities that we can do together and let others join in so we'll be having multiple game nights, multiple crafting sessions and of course sharing knowledge, jokes and community spirit.

405thDayLeading.png

Our schedule of events kicks of on Tuesday April 5th (4/05) and has a variety of events that you can either join us on Twitch for (in chat or on stream for Full Type C Members) if there's a spot available in that events RSVP!

405thDayStreamSchedule.png

Open Channels - Tuesday April 5th - 7:00PM CT
If you haven't seen, the 405th was able to participate in the red carpet premiere of the Halo The Series. We have a few members on the chatcast to share their stories of the whirlwind week and talk new costumes!​

Game Night Infinite Big Team - Wednesday April 6th - 7:00PM CT
Everyone has been playing a lot of Infinite and finding lots of interesting ways to break things, have fun and (hopefully) play the objective. Join us for a bunch of games, 405th vs the World!​
405thDayInfiniteBigTeams.png

Crafting Cast - Thursday April 7th - 7:00PM CT
If there's one thing that we do best, it's crafting! Builders from around the globe join us to work on a variety of projects and share tips and tricks while doing so.​
405thDayCraftingCast.png

Game Night MCC Customs - Friday April 8th - 7:00PM CT
The title says it all, we've got a big file share of maps and modes to play. We've got 16 players to throw at them!​
405thDayMCCCustoms.png

Mayhem 3: Worse - Saturday April 9th - 12:00PM CT
405thDayMayhemIII.png

The rules are simple​
  1. Everyone must attempt to build a Brute Spiker.
  2. No builder may start before the timer on stream does.
  3. No pre-preparation or building in advance is allowed other than collecting tools and materials into your workspace.
  4. No "Toss a Coin to Your Witcher"
  5. The Winner shall receive 10 (Ten) standardized American Hotdogs
You may have several questions and as is tradition the builders have prepared an FAQ to help shed some light on why they're going through this challenging and chaotic process.​
Why the Brute Spiker?
Because it's worse. Like the name. We've only ever seen like two people killed by the thing. (RIP Miranda)​
Can I join the Build Stream?
We will be having several people joining in throughout the day to take part in the conversation, share stories and help with some crafting expertise. This will follow the same rules as always for streams, only Full Type C Members with 50 posts/90 days will be allowed to join in on the "On Air" conversation but everyone is welcome in chat to cheer the crafters on!​
I don't have anything to build with and I don't have any practice making things.
First off, that's a statement. One of the best parts of building with the 405th is that you can build anything using anything. If you like building with LEGO or MegaConstrux, that'd be awesome. If you have some spare cardboard laying around and a roll of duct tape, let's see what you can do! The more props the merrier! Don't forget to share your finished builds with #405thMayhem3 on your social media outlet of choice!​

Last edited:
The 405th's birthday is rapidly approaching us and you all know what that means, that's right, streams, games and so much sharing of our favourite parts of our 405th identity that make this an awesome community! Much like in previous years we're going to be taking a broad look at some of our favourite activities that we can do together and let others join in so we'll be having multiple game nights, multiple crafting sessions and of course sharing knowledge, jokes and community spirit.

Our schedule of events kicks of on Tuesday April 5th (4/05) and has a variety of events that you can either join us on Twitch for (in chat or on stream for Full Type C Members) if there's a spot available in that events RSVP!

If you haven't seen, the 405th was able to participate in the red carpet premiere of the Halo The Series. We have a few members on the chatcast to share their stories of the whirlwind week and talk new costumes!​

Everyone has been playing a lot of Infinite and finding lots of interesting ways to break things, have fun and (hopefully) play the objective. Join us for a bunch of games, 405th vs the World!​

If there's one thing that we do best, it's crafting! Builders from around the globe join us to work on a variety of projects and share tips and tricks while doing so.​

The title says it all, we've got a big file share of maps and modes to play. We've got 16 players to throw at them!​

The rules are simple​
  3. No pre-preparation or building in advance is allowed other than collecting tools and materials into your workspace.
You may have several questions and as is tradition the builders have prepared an FAQ to help shed some light on why they're going through this challenging and chaotic process.​
Why the Brute Spiker?
Because it's worse. Like the name. We've only ever seen like two people killed by the thing. (RIP Miranda)​
We will be having several people joining in throughout the day to take part in the conversation, share stories and help with some crafting expertise. This will follow the same rules as always for streams, only Full Type C Members with 50 posts/90 days will be allowed to join in on the "On Air" conversation but everyone is welcome in chat to cheer the crafters on!​
I don't have anything to build with and I don't have any practice making things.
First off, that's a statement. One of the best parts of building with the 405th is that you can build anything using anything. If you like building with LEGO or MegaConstrux, that'd be awesome. If you have some spare cardboard laying around and a roll of duct tape, let's see what you can do! The more props the merrier! Don't forget to share your finished builds with #405thMayhem3 on your social media outlet of choice!​
Looks like I might need to buy more Lego this week

When you say no preparation for the Spiker, does that mean no unfolding files either? Need to know before I crack open the mystery file I've never seen yet and swing blindly into the challenge of speed unfolding Live.

When you say no preparation for the Spiker, does that mean no unfolding files either? Need to know before I crack open the mystery file I've never seen yet and swing blindly into the challenge of speed unfolding Live.
There are files available in the Armory if you need an off the shelf option but I like the energy of speed unfolding a lot.

Where abouts in the armory are these unfolds?
Halo 3 Spider-Man is here:

Halo 3 Spider-Man is here:
Cheers! Don't know how I missed that.

I didn't bother to comment on the typo because I was reading that at 5:30AM and just assumed I was half dreaming still

So, for mayhem day, do we have to join a stream and build there on camera, or how does that whole thing work? Im still unsure if i can do some stuff, and was wondering how all of the mayhem stuff works bc it sounds like fun and lots of laughs.

No "Toss a Coin to Your Witcher"
Ah, that 2020 stream was something special.

Code:
Coins tossed:
XXXXXXXX = 8
(^I tapped X for each coin tossed)
Song run time: 3:05 or 185 sec
First coin toss at 55 sec
(^if the mod function result was less I didn't have to count any additional tosses)
Seconds in 8 hours: 28800
28800/185 = 155 times played with .675 remainder, or 125 seconds
Coins tossed in 125 seconds
XXX = 3
SO 155 * 8 + 3 = 1243 coins tossed in 8 hours, assuming the song was only 8 hours exactly (I couldn't find an 8 hour version online) AND a coin is tossed each time.
QED.

And if you're wondering "Alex, did you actually plug in, boot and search your old computer for this information, then chuck it onto a USB and upload it here on your new computer just for the joke?", then the answer is yes, yes I did.

View attachment 316195

View attachment 316199

View attachment 316196

The rules are simple​
Why the Brute Spiker?
Hey what is the expected duration of the build stream, and how do we join in? I will be off work like an hour after it starts, but I'd really like the chance to participate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back