405Th Gencon Indy Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
kasper said:
Hey im sorry its taking me a while to send this stuff out, me and my wife just tried to buy a house so i was not able to but i will try to get it out to you this week. Im not sure of the shipping but it wont be cheap its a big box, heres a list of things in it

MK5 back pack

Eva helmet bondoed

Ironman pepped helmet

and child size thigh

No rush, it's all good.

If I need to chip in on shipping, I'm more than willing? Just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
got some bad news, i wont be there on Friday (school) but i might be able to go on Saturday if nothing else happens (unforeseen events)

sorry if I'm confusing you guys but i some how managed to "bribe" me mom into letting me skip school, so now i can go on friday whooo hooo!

Myself and Alyx Ookami are unavailable for the Friday date (school, just like rvb, and our parents aren't known for benevolence). So we'll more then likely be there on Saturday, barring financial/timing issues.

Oh, and Drakku, M6 sidearms are cool with the Gencon staff. It was only the Spikers. If we go Spiker, they'll need to be modified, like removing metal blades and replacing them with plastic, painting them a flat grey and putting an orange stripe along the 'sharp' edge.

Even with all that, I'd recommend all members have their weaponry checked by Gencon staff before pulling them out for display on Friday and Saturday. I don't want anyone losing their expensive/valuable weapons.

Is the photo op on Saturday? Or is it right after the workshop on Friday?

Spartan137 said:
Myself and Alyx Ookami are unavailable for the Friday date (school, just like rvb, and our parents aren't known for benevolence). So we'll more then likely be there, barring financial/timing issues.
Ah, it's alright. I know it was rather last minute, and I wanted to get a Saturday date, but they were already taken up at hours that wouldn't clash with anything major. Next year, we'll aim for a more feasible date!

Spartan137 said:
Oh, and Drakku, M6 sidearms are cool with the Gencon staff. It was only the Spikers. If we go Spiker, they'll need to be modified, like removing metal blades and replacing them with plastic, painting them a flat grey and putting an orange stripe along the 'sharp' edge.
Oh okay, thanks for the clarification. I'll be orange taping my Spiker, then. Do they know that the blades are made of wood and not metal.. ? The blades aren't sharp, but the tips are a bit, so.. hm.

Also, there are technically two photo-ops, one for the workshop (which will take place right after it), and one after our gathering on Saturday (when we members get to have pictures for ourselves). So if you miss Friday's, there's always Saturday's.

Drakku said:
Ah, it's alright. I know it was rather last minute, and I wanted to get a Saturday date, but they were already taken up at hours that wouldn't clash with anything major. Next year, we'll aim for a more feasible date!

Alright, cool! I would've definitely been at the workshop, I would've learned more there then at school. Hopefully next year will be more effective planning wise.

Drakku said:
Oh okay, thanks for the clarification. I'll be orange taping my Spiker, then. Do they know that the blades are made of wood and not metal.. ? The blades aren't sharp, but the tips are a bit, so.. hm.

I don't know if they can tell the difference at a distance, which is why I'm recommending the tape. But you'll probably still want to get it checked by Gencon staff when you get your day pass. If anyone asks, make sure you let them see that it's wooden.

And I'm bringing my Link M6 sidearm, too. So if anyone gets in trouble, then we'll get in trouble together.

Drakku said:
Also, there are technically two photo-ops, one for the workshop (which will take place right after it), and one after our gathering on Saturday (when we members get to have pictures for ourselves). So if you miss Friday's, there's always Saturday's.

Ok, sweet. Didn't really want to miss a photo op with everyone!

I'll post if I find any more information about anything in the way of weapon regulations. Thanks for the info!

kasper said:
Hey drakku did u get the box?

Yes sir, got it yesterday! Meant to PM you, so I'll also drop a line there as well as here.

Pieces look great! There was a little warping in the Pep stuff, but that's just a few bends away from being okay again.

:)

UPDATE!: seams that since my mark V will be in the state fair the time gen con is so i will hopfully be wearing odst there

rvb18 said:
UPDATE!: seams that since my mark V will be in the state fair the time gen con is so i will hopfully be wearing odst there

You a 4H're too?

Myself and Alyx Ookami just entered in our own projects.

I did a multiplayer EOD, and she did her multiplayer Mk VI.

Mine:

016-1.jpg

Hers:

032-1.jpg

Spartan137 said:
You a 4H're too?

Myself and Alyx Ookami just entered in our own projects.

I did a multiplayer EOD, and she did her multiplayer Mk VI.

Mine:

016-1.jpg

Hers:

032-1.jpg

yep i sure am and if you go to my thread in armor related videos it shows the suit on display the thread's name is mini project

rvb18 said:
yep i sure am and if you go to my thread in armor related videos it shows the suit on display the thread's name is mini project

So, what's it going in under, models?

If Alyx or I get to go on to State, we'll be competing! But, if that's the case, then there's a fair chance that one of our helmets won't be with us at Gencon, which shouldn't be too big of a problem, we've got three helmets sitting around, so if one goes, no big deal.

Spartan137 said:
So, what's it going in under, models?

If Alyx or I get to go on to State, we'll be competing! But, if that's the case, then there's a fair chance that one of our helmets won't be with us at Gencon, which shouldn't be too big of a problem, we've got three helmets sitting around, so if one goes, no big deal.

it's going in as crafts lol

rvb18 said:
it's going in as crafts lol

Hah, nice.

Turns out Alyx Ookami's helmet got grand-champion for other models, so theres a decent chance her helmet won't be appearing with the rest of our gear, but like I said, two other helmets.

Hey guys, no offense or anything, but could you discuss this via PMs?

I see there's replies to the topic and I think people want to contribute something.

And I'm kinda getting desperate, soo.. yeah.

Drakku said:
Hey guys, no offense or anything, but could you discuss this via PMs?

I see there's replies to the topic and I think people want to contribute something.

And I'm kinda getting desperate, soo.. yeah.

Oops, sorry, Drakku.

What do we have left to figure out? As near as I can tell, everyone knows their place and roles. If you need any assistance with general logistics, I can help. I might not be there on Friday, but I'll still be able to get everyone readied.

Drakku, here's a mostly finalized list of the stuff that I'll be bringing for the panel.

(1x) Rundown Mk V helm, pepped, resined, and lined with smooth-cast.

(1x) H3 version ODST shoulder, Pepped & glassed, partially bondoed.

I'll have my H2 ODST gear & Lee BR(pending an email to gencon staff) for the photoshoot.

I've got some parts cut out for a SMG scratchbuild that I can bring if you'd like, but if you have something else for that I'll probably leave those at home.

Loess said:
Drakku, here's a mostly finalized list of the stuff that I'll be bringing for the panel.

Awesome Loess, I'll add your stuff to the list.

And I don't really have any examples of scratchbuilt things, so if you'd like to bring what you've got started on your SMG, that'd be great.

It's only a few days away, guys! Putting the finishing touches on the handouts. Woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back