405Th Gencon Indy Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drakku said:
Awesome Loess, I'll add your stuff to the list.

And I don't really have any examples of scratchbuilt things, so if you'd like to bring what you've got started on your SMG, that'd be great.

It's only a few days away, guys! Putting the finishing touches on the handouts. Woo!

I'll box up those SMG parts with all my other stuff, I'm planning on being available for the photo-shoot afterward, too.

I emailed GenCon staff, and got word back that my Lee BR *should* be OK to bring. They liked the orange tip, so it won't be a perfect likeness of the game rifle, but it gets it in the door ;) .

It's probably a bit late to suggest it, but a Halo 1 Marine helm is really easy to pep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edits made and stoof.

It's crunch time to get stuff done before we leave tonight!

Still need to hear back from brand manager about using the 405th logo, but I'm 99% sure it's okay. Haha.

Lost my original *pdf at work, so I'm having to redo the flyers right now. At least they're all planned out in my head, I guess.. lalala.

Making a checklist here to print out:

- Wrap/pack all props

- 405th banner

- Duct tape

- Raffle tickets

- Flyers x50

- Signup sheet x2

- Postcards/Soaring Hammer pics

- Lanyards

And I daresay that's everything that I'm bringing.. Lee's bringing his things, and I think this'll be an awesome event! I hope. Haha.

Given that 6/6 of the tickets sold in the pre-reg time were 405th members.. I'll have plenty of help, too. :)

By the way, guys, you that are attending, you're waaaay more than welcome to give your two cents about things as well. People attending should see that we're a right friendly bunch. If you've got 405th gear, please wear, but if you're wearing armor, that'd be even better. ;D

Unfortunately I am not going to make this one. I hope you guys have a great time, I am jealous.

Take lots of pics.

smick6 said:
Unfortunately I am not going to make this one. I hope you guys have a great time, I am jealous.

Take lots of pics.

D'oh, That sucks.

Well I have to say good luck with your workshop I hope all goes well it must be nice to have fellow 405ther's nearby each other and as far as ever going to a con I gave the up when I moved here to north carolina and of course not by choice so good luck and god speed.

I would really like to go on Saturday to meet with some member but the $48 ticket cost is kinda high for me right now. I would love to wear my armor and even come on Friday to help out but the cost of getting is for right now to much. We'll see....

Hey Drakku, I'm really sorry, but I wasn't able to get the Cortana plushie done in time. :( Procrastination and lack of free time got the best of me. I am glad to see that there will be alot of other cool things though!

Oh, will the lanyards be the only 405th things available and how much will they cost?

@smick6: Damn dude, I wish you were gonna be there. :(

@JediStumpy: I do hope that your finances allow you to come out on Fri, we need more people in armor! :D

bad news guys, i wont be there in full odst. i will be with out a helmet but i will be in the rest of the suit

JediStumpy said:
I would really like to go on Saturday to meet with some member but the $48 ticket cost is kinda high for me right now. I would love to wear my armor and even come on Friday to help out but the cost of getting is for right now to much. We'll see....

There's always next year i gues? :\ I'm trying to convince my dad to go but this weekend we are going out of town.. so maybe next year with armor :)

rvb18 said:
bad news guys, i wont be there in full odst. i will be with out a helmet but i will be in the rest of the suit

Hey, that's pefectly fine! As we have seen in the ODST trailers, they wander about without helmets sometimes. :)

kasper said:
Hey so how did this go? i have not seen anything on it yet or is it this weekend?

I guess the recap of the panel got put in the other Gencon thread.

The general consensus seemed to be that everyone had a great time, and the panel went great.

thats good maybe next year we could do the same at Dragon Con or something. I did not know there was another thread about gencon i thought this was the only one..lol

Hey guys! Sorry about the update being about a month late, I've just been really busy lately, getting back to work, real life and whatnot. ;) As stated by the other members, the workshop went great! Everybody that showed up had a fun time, and we got alot of people interested in the art of armor making! I even had a chance to stand up and give a rundown about my Cortana suit! My boyfriend got a few pics, mainly of Lee's amazing weapons and molds, and a few pics of me and fellow 405th member Loess in his ODST garb.

I was also happy to get a text from the guy dressed as Snake that there was a Master Chief around, and that he was bringing him to the workshop! We didn't get to wander around the actual con together, but we did get quite a few pics at the workshop, he was very nice and so excited to see a Cortana! And no, that is not the Rubies costume, he said he bought it from a different costume company, and it actually looked pretty decent in person! A few adjustments and it would be pretty darn cool looking. Also, please keep the less than nice comments about that guy's armor to yourself, I don't want this to turn into a flamewar or something.

The following photos were taken by my boyfriend(excuse the slightly poor quality, he took these with his phone)

3920502896_330fa428b3_o.jpg

3920502800_54852a4379_o.jpg

3919718977_519ac9b1b5_o.jpg

3920502652_99d35b1fb2_o.jpg

Myself and fellow 405th member, Loess.

3920501514_dc0e23674e_b.jpg

And myself with the awesome MC that was there.

3919718437_148e233459_b.jpg

3919718073_0ffe7abe55_b.jpg

3920502554_4643ba98ae_b.jpg

And here's some better quality photos taken by the guy dressed as Snake.

3835837090_0d0603984b_b.jpg

3835046407_8b5cec32f5_b.jpg

I'm so glad to have been a part of something this awesome. Thank you so much Drakku, Lee, Loess, and everyone else who showed up! :D Can't wait till next year! ;)

sorry cortana but that is the rubies suit, if he did buy it from a different company then it might be from the few costume sites that sell them

rvb18 said:
sorry cortana but that is the rubies suit, if he did buy it from a different company then it might be from the few costume sites that sell them

Hmm, well then it must be their uber deluxe version because this one looked better than the others I've seen.

Macattack64 said:
Yea that's the deluxe. Were there any other spartans there?

Unfortunately, no. :( Spartan137 and another girl from the 405th showed up wearing their helmet variations, but no full on Spartans.

Cool, I never got to see the guy in the spartan armor up close. It looks much better there than other places I've seen the Rubie's stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back