405th Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you're in the 405th when you support the troops by throwing in a few extra bucks when you buy a cast from thorssoli

You know you're in the 405th when you try to explain that you need cardstock instead of paper to your parents. Multiple times. And they fail to understand. (True story. *facepalm*)

You know you're in the 405th when you can figure out the gender of a fully armored spartan.

you know you're in the 405th when:

-your friends try to seriously bribe you to build them armor
-your parents try to explain why there is a picture of "that green space robot guy" on the fridge
-you were pulled over by the cops while driving in your armor
-your local technical school asks you to stop harassing the auto body students for supplies/slave labor
-you buy a printer specifically for printing your pep files on heavy card stock
-you get a job at Macy's to "break" mannequinns and then save them from the dumpster (and then they catch you)
-your grandparents keep warning you that people are going to think you're a "terrorist" when walking around in your armor with your custom made smg and shotgun

hahaha oh man, so much LOL'ing lol. pretty sure my roommates are all looking at me like i have 5 heads or something lol

you know your a 405th member when:

1) you get extremely annoyed when life insists on getting between you and making your armour... (stupid university papers)

2) the first and biggest reason you are excited for summer, is because the warmer weather will mean that the resin cures faster, and that you will have more time to dedicate to ignoring the real world and making your latest armour project.

3) you realise that you read every comment on this thread and then felt the unresistable urge to post your own "you know your a 405th member when" jokes ;)

4) you wear a pare of shoes down so much you are forced to buy a new pair, but don't through the old ones out, because they can still tie up, which makes them potentially useful as the base of your next armoured boot.

and burping and tasting bondo... haha GOLD !!! gross as ALL hell, but gold none-the-less ;) hahaha

you know your a 405th member if you seriously considered having your university grad photos taken of you while you in your Mk VI armour with the gown over top of that....

:cautious:....>_>......:cautious:.....>_>.... come on people, you KNOW those would be some pretty epic grad photos

You know you're in the 405th when your girlfriend says "It's me or the silly Halo armor" and you say "Let me respond to that after I finish printing this pepakura file."
... when you deem anyone in stormtrooper costume as a wanna-be.
... when you show up to an army enlisting office in your Mark VI armor.
... when you voted Master Chief for the 2008 presidential elections.

Dr. Temujin said:
You know you're in the 405th when your girlfriend says "It's me or the silly Halo armor" and you say "Let me respond to that after I finish printing this pepakura file."

hahahahahahaha:lol: BAHZING !!!! hahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Temujin said:
... when you voted Master Chief for the 2008 presidential elections.
I sure did in my school elections, but I'm not old enough to vote.

You know you're a 405th member when:

1. Your desktop background consists of the (now finalized) 405th logo, or sometimes a pic of the Master Chief, and your screensaver is set to show pics of those funny HALOtivational posters;

2. You have the opening screen greeting on your cell phone say "SPARTAN 117 Reporting for Duty" when you turn it on, and have a pic of the MC as your screen background (geeky, I know, lol);

3. You regularly log in to the 405th forums throughout the day (while at work, lol) to see if there are any new posts;

4. The first webpage you open up on your computer every day is the 405th forums (e-mails second);

5. When you check your e-mails, you first look for any new PM or comment notifications from the 405th;

6. You spend most of your free time (and lunch breaks) working on blueprints for HALO 3 props;

7. You tell all your friends and family about the exciting projects you're getting involved in, even though you know most of them have no idea what you're talking about ("What is a SPNKr, anyway?");

8. You spend more time on the 405th forums than you do any of the other prop-related forums you've been a member of for years;

9. Your idea of a "good time" is putting together Mk VI chest armour in the evenings rather than going out for a few drinks with your friends;

10. You and your friend's gf hum along with the theme song from HALO 3 whenever you and your friends are loading Multiplayer (he usually just shakes his head and sighs, lol);

11. You've been anxiously anticipating someone to come out with a doable pep file of the Hayabusa helmet (which I now have) so you can finally make one for yourself and a friend;

12. You use your 405th user name as your HALO 3 game profile name;

That's all I got for now :p

Dr. Temujin said:

[...]

Love it, dude! Classic!:lol:

I've been kinda blabbering away about the SR and SPNKr schematics I've been working on with a girl I'm rather interested in.

She's never seen or played the games, so doesn't really know what I'm talking about, but she's been kind enough to just let me go on about it (she understands it's a major hobby/interest of mine).

I think she finds it amusing to see me get so excited about it, lol.

SPARTAN II said:
3. You regularly log in to the 405th forums throughout the day (while at work, lol) to see if there are any new posts;

4. The first webpage you open up on your computer every day is the 405th forums (e-mails second);

5. When you check your e-mails, you first look for any new PM or comment notifications from the 405th;

guilty althought the second one i do alternate

You know when ur in the 405th when your MSN name is the same as ur 405th username

Well, given the strict server restrictions at work, the 405th is really the only prop forum I'm a member of I can actually go to without getting a "Access to this Site is Denied" message. So, it works for me.

That's almost the same deal with me, btw. My MSN name is SPARTAN-117 instead of SPARTAN II, but it's close, lol.

well im home most of the week so i get on the site everyday but when im at college i get the message saying that
the 405th is 'A social networking site' which is stupid

you know ur in the 405th when you have more scalpels, red pens, blue pens then pencils in ur room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back