• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leegrisham

I have been thinking of something fun to do for the community and since tournaments are hard to get together and get going I figured that a ladder system might be fun for people to engage in.

This system would be a point based ranking system with points handed out for things like wins, medals, kills ect. ect.
The direction I have laid out in my mind to head with this would be:

Creation of different ladders:
Lonewolves
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Team Doubles
MLG Team Slayer
Team SWAT

In order to join you just send your gamertag with the ladders you are interested in joining:
For Instance
dishonestpirate: Lonewolves and Team Slayer Ladder.
I will put you in a list and start up a spread sheet.

Everyone who signs up will submit to me links of 4 of their best games from the week. (Links from the Bungie.net site) I will go and collect all the data then tabulate the scores and post them the next week.

So I would like to get community response before I post up the guidelines and everything else to go along with it and if there are enough people interested then I am willing to do this.

*** UPDATE 6/11/08 ***
Feel free to sign up if you haven't! I have decided that we few will be the trial and if it works out maybe more people will become involved!

This is how scoring will be tabulated. {This rubric is tentative.}

Medals
Medal Values:
Double Kill: .25 points
Triple Kill: .5 points
Over Kill: .75 points
Killtacular: 1 point
Killtrocity: 1.25
Killimanjaro: 1.5
Killtastrophe: 1.75
Killapocalypse: 2
Killionaire: 2.25
Killing Spree: .50
Killing Frenzy: .75
Running Riot: 1
Rampage: 1.5
Untouchable: 2
Invincible: 2.5
Sword/Sniper/Shotgun Spree: .5
SharpShooter/Open Season/Slice and Dice: 1
Extermination: 5
Bulltrue: 1
Killjoy .5
Laser Kill: 1
Wheelman: .25
Beatdown: .25
Assassin: .5
Sniper Kill: .25
Perfection: 3
Grenage Stick: .5

Lonewolves:
Win: 4 points
Kill: 1.5 points OR Time in Hill: .37 per point

Team Slayer (Team Doubles):
Kill: 1 points

Team Skirmish:
Kill: .5 points
Flag Score: 1
Flag Kill: 1
Killed Flag Carrier: 1
Killed Bomb Carrier: 1
Bomb Planted: 1
Oddball Kill: 1
Killed VIP: 1

MLG
Win: 4
Kill: 1

Team SWAT
Win: 4
Kill: 1

Rules:
1. You must play ranked games.
2. You are not required to report every week but scores will be tabulated weekly - if you do not play and submit new data you scores will be lower than those who report weekly.
3. You must select your best four games (from each gametype you have joined the ladder) and PM me the links by no later than 12am Sunday night each week - late submissions will not be counted and I will not look through your games for you.

Sample Submission Form:
In a PM to leegrisham send:
(gametype1)
link1
link2
link3
link4

(gametype2)
link1
link2
link3
link4

So forth and so on depending on how many ladders you signed up for.

Post your Gamertag and ladders you want to join!

Players:

(Forum Name), Gamertag, Ladders applicable
(LastSpartan) LastSpartan Qc: Team SWAT
(Twisting_Neather) TwistingNeather: Team Slayer, Team Objective, Team Doubles
(Gokussj5okazu) Gokussj5okazu: Lonewolves, Team Doubles
(Keegan) Keegan ISK: Team Doubles
(SPARTAN-183) Onroid: Team Doubles, Team Slayer
(leegrisham) dishonestpirate: Team Slayer, Team Doubles
(Finnish_Spartan) Division 405th: Lone Wolves
(korekillerking) korekillerking: Team Doubles, Team SWAT
(eskimobob) LT Stalker: Team Slayer, Lone wolves
(darkm2021) Darkm2021: Team Doubles, Team SWAT
(Sgt. Chalupa22) Sgt Chalupa22: Team Doubles, Lonewolves
(alexonekenobi) alexonekenobi: Team Doubles
(MasterGun) MasterGun 44: Team Slayer
(bilsy28) bilsy28: Team Slayer, Team Objective, Team Doubles, MLG Team Slayer
(damastachief) unknown frost: lone wolfs, team slayer

Reason for Update:
5/30/08: Added Team SWAT and MLG Ladders Sign Up Now! Added Sample Submission form to go by. Added FAQ
6/2/08: Added Values for King FFA Time and added Grenade Stick on Medals. Tabulated the scores for links I recieved and posted them below. Scores are locked for this week, remember you have to submit them by Sunday Night - The players who submitted this week will now have an advantage.
6/6/08:Added new players to list and changed lastspartans ladder sign up.
6/9/08: Updated scores! Updated LT Stalker's ladder, added new players: : Chalupa and alex to list.
6/10/08: Added MasterGun
6/11/08: Added bilsy and damastachief

FAQ:
1. Can I join at anytime?
<blockquote>Yes even after the initial tabulation you can join! Just post a reply with your gamertag and gametypes your interested in.
</blockquote>
2. Whats required to join?
<blockquote>Nothing, just your gamertag and the ladders you want in.</blockquote>
3. Why four games?
<blockquote>To give people who don't have time to play a lot partake in this. Also it keeps from having to gather a persons whole week of data.
For instance Player A plays all week and submits his best games, Player B gets on plays only a few games and submits his stats. Player A and Player B could be equally skilled but player B doesn't have time to play all week this way player b can get a fair ranking in the ladder.
</blockquote>
4. Can I play custom and non-ranked games?
<blockquote>No, if you did that you could just set up a game where you demolished people just standing around or play against a less competitive set of players.</blockquote>
5 What do I do?
<blockquote>Just go play some Halo! You may want to pay attention as you play and keep tabs on your best played games. Then go to Bungie.net pick out your four best games from the ladder gametype you are in copy the links of the games on bungie.net and PM them to me!</blockquote>

Scores:
Lonewolves:
Gokussj5okazu: 341.75 (+162.5 from last week)
Finnish_Spartan: 193
LastSpartan 63.75

Team Doubles:
Gokussj5okazu: 166.70 (+ 74.75 from last week)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamertag:Onroid
Ladders:Team Doubles and Team Slayer

Side note: I am very good player. I usually place first or second in team and overall kills.

I'm gonna leave this open to voting and input till around Tuesday. Since its memorial day weekend we may have some regulars out. If enough people show interest I'll be willing to do it!

leegrisham said:
See above for important 5/28/08 Update.

Question? The people playing, aren't playing each other, rather they play there own games, and submit scores...

But based on how people do in the game, they are ranked against each other, even though they never play each other?

Ladders typically have players playing each other.

Spase said:
Question? The people playing, aren't playing each other, rather they play there own games, and submit scores...

But based on how people do in the game, they are ranked against each other, even though they never play each other?

Ladders typically have players playing each other.
That's exactly correct.

In order to have a ladder with people playing one another we would need a large following and a lot of organization and cooperation. This way people can kind of do their own thing but still have a competition... if that makes any sense.

I guess it's not your typical ladder... maybe I should have called it something else.

leegrisham said:
That's exactly correct.

In order to have a ladder with people playing one another we would need a large following and a lot of organization and cooperation. This way people can kind of do their own thing but still have a competition... if that makes any sense.

I guess it's not your typical ladder... maybe I should have called it something else.

Well I love simple answers to simple questions. Thank you. Now if I could only find my Halo Disk.

Finnish_Spartan said:
Gamertag: "Division 405th".
Ladder: "Lone wolves".

-Fin(n)ish

ps.. yea that's my account there.

Why have you called yourself Division 405th?

I'm not sure when to post for the ladder, but ill post now anyways.
Top 4 lone wolves games: (i cant find "perfection" medal, on your list :( )
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3...ivision%20405th

LastSpartan said:
Why have you called yourself Division 405th?
I haz 6 accounts... I was running out of name options..

-Fin(n)ish

Update:
Added Sniper Kill and Perfection to the medals/points list.
Thanks to Finnish for pointing it out.

Attention:
Anyone who is signed up may submit 4 games for this week - Finnish has all ready submitted his...
I'll tabulate and post leaderboards next week.
Also in order to keep this thread from exploding into a lot of posts with links just PM me the links.

Thanks

lol im on every day, just join my game or send me an invite on xbl and il send u the game film. (my GT is in my sig, thx crazy!)

rvb18 said:
lol im on every day, just join my game or send me an invite on xbl and il send u the game film. (my GT is in my sig, thx crazy!)
I'll add you to the list which ladders do you want to join.
LOL I don't want to watch a ton of game videos, I am wanting the links of the games from bungie.net. See finnish_spartans post above for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back