405th MENTOR PROGRAM 3.0 *REBOOT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your saying someone can help push me in the right direction when i begin printing paper for foam building and all that stuff? I have most of the materials i need now and i just got my EVA interlocking foam mats today. Would someone be about to talk and be my Mentor? :D and of course if its not to much to ask.. One would love to go into a 1v1 match with two people. (thats my analogy for today)

So your saying someone can help push me in the right direction when i begin printing paper for foam building and all that stuff? I have most of the materials i need now and i just got my EVA interlocking foam mats today. Would someone be about to talk and be my Mentor? :D and of course if its not to much to ask.. One would love to go into a 1v1 match with two people. (thats my analogy for today)

I'm trying to get past the crude grammar here, but it sounds like you're looking for a mentor in overall pep-armor. Correct?

yes sorry . I have all/most of the materials just need someone for scaling if need be and to overview my build untill its constructed :D

All right, rpm49, you're in. A word of advice; try to type in complete sentences (with proper grammar). Communication is key, and you're at a disadvantage if your grammar is lacking.

Hello,

The only thing I can't quit figure out myself is how to get these strict rectangular angles on my props when I'm applying Bondo. My first project was a complete mess on that part, so I'm just completely starting over. Anyways, I've been looking into this forum and youtube for about a year now and I've been pretty succesfull with the peps and resin (in my opinion lol). I'm not looking for someone to hold my hand since I've already read a WHOLE BUNCH of information :) , a strong critic is needed here, indeed!

Cheers

No problem. As I tell everyone who is seeking mentorship in 3D modeling, be prepared for a wait. People offering mentorship in 3D modeling are rare.

I'd be willing to help out with that, I've taken a few people on a brief what-you-should-know for Blender and such.

Hi I new and I need help with finding out how much material needed for an entire suit of armor i live in South Africa and I have not had much luck finding bondo, fiberglass etc. so I'm ordering from amazon. But the cost of shipping is HUGE but I have a plan to get it in the US and get it home with much less cost BUT I can only do this once so I need enough materials to do the whole thing in one go (I am using fiberglass and aqua resin technique) if you need measurements I need enough for a 1.6 meters person (btw I already have cardstock) plz help me + cost is not really a problem and I would prefer to have a little more than enough to be safe

Thank you
WolfyGuy47 (aka Leo)

Hi carpathia, i know i probably don't qualify but im pretty good with pepping and unfolding and would like to see if i could possibly mentor in those areas.

Hello,

The only thing I can't quit figure out myself is how to get these strict rectangular angles on my props when I'm applying Bondo. My first project was a complete mess on that part, so I'm just completely starting over. Anyways, I've been looking into this forum and youtube for about a year now and I've been pretty succesfull with the peps and resin (in my opinion lol). I'm not looking for someone to hold my hand since I've already read a WHOLE BUNCH of information :) , a strong critic is needed here, indeed!

Cheers

So, what exactly is it you need mentoring in?

I'd be willing to help out with that, I've taken a few people on a brief what-you-should-know for Blender and such.

I'll add you in.

Hi I new and I need help with finding out how much material needed for an entire suit of armor i live in South Africa and I have not had much luck finding bondo, fiberglass etc. so I'm ordering from amazon. But the cost of shipping is HUGE but I have a plan to get it in the US and get it home with much less cost BUT I can only do this once so I need enough materials to do the whole thing in one go (I am using fiberglass and aqua resin technique) if you need measurements I need enough for a 1.6 meters person (btw I already have cardstock) plz help me + cost is not really a problem and I would prefer to have a little more than enough to be safe

Thank you
WolfyGuy47 (aka Leo)

This isn't exactly the place to ask this. This thread is more for seeking long-term guidance. Any one-time questions should be directed to the appropriate "Help!" threads in the NOOB Forum stickies.

Hi carpathia, i know i probably don't qualify but im pretty good with pepping and unfolding and would like to see if i could possibly mentor in those areas.

I'll get you added in.

Hello!
Currently I am working on a Iron Man Mark 7 Helmet using the Pepakura method. My first helmet didn't turn out so well (with warping and such). If possible I'd like to try and gain a mentor to help me with some of the Pepping stages (folding, scoring, glueing) to help me get a solid grasp on tight and hard to reach areas. Also I would like assistance in the areas of: rondo, bondo, electronics, and painting. Hopefully if all goes well I may end up going for the whole suit! :D

hey could i get paired with Harding29, i dont have to have someone meet all my asking requirements lol i just wants help xP

Hello!
Currently I am working on a Iron Man Mark 7 Helmet using the Pepakura method. My first helmet didn't turn out so well (with warping and such). If possible I'd like to try and gain a mentor to help me with some of the Pepping stages (folding, scoring, glueing) to help me get a solid grasp on tight and hard to reach areas. Also I would like assistance in the areas of: rondo, bondo, electronics, and painting. Hopefully if all goes well I may end up going for the whole suit! :D

I'll add you as seeking assistance in pepwork, bondo, fiberglass/rondo, electronics and painting.

hey could i get paired with Harding29, i dont have to have someone meet all my asking requirements lol i just wants help xP

If you feel he covers enough areas you're interested in, I see no reason why not. I'll pair you two up.

So, what exactly is it you need mentoring in?

I'll add you in.

This isn't exactly the place to ask this. This thread is more for seeking long-term guidance. Any one-time questions should be directed to the appropriate "Help!" threads in the NOOB Forum stickies.

I'll get you added in.

I need help with the bondo part: How to get good angles, the amounts I have to put on, how to get details done,.. I have a way of doing it, but it seems I'm forgetting some smaller things to look out for but I can't figure out what they are exactly..

I need help with the bondo part: How to get good angles, the amounts I have to put on, how to get details done,.. I have a way of doing it, but it seems I'm forgetting some smaller things to look out for but I can't figure out what they are exactly..

I'll get you added in as seeking assistance in bondo.

Hi Carpathia. while im doing some mentoring i'd also like some assistance in 3d modeling, specificly blender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back