405th MENTOR PROGRAM 3.0 *REBOOT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there were still slots for apprentices in 3D modeling, Many thanks!

There are always positions in the waiting list, but be warned that it may be a while before you're assigned to someone. Mentors specializing in 3D modeling are rare, and there are a few people ahead of you in line. I'll add you regardless.

Carpathia, I'm free and available for one-to-one mentoring at any time, if you want to assign any of those needing some guidance to me over the weekend.

I'm considering writing a catch-all tutorial for Basic Blender Modelling to submit for those eager to get started without having to wait for a mentor - I'll write a draft and let you have it before I post it up.

Carpathia, I'm free and available for one-to-one mentoring at any time, if you want to assign any of those needing some guidance to me over the weekend.

I'm considering writing a catch-all tutorial for Basic Blender Modelling to submit for those eager to get started without having to wait for a mentor - I'll write a draft and let you have it before I post it up.

If you wish to be a mentor, you're going to have to adjust your account settings so you can receive private messages. I attempted to pair you up with someone the other day, but could not contact you inform you of the pairing. When you have that setting adjusted, please let me know.

i would like to submit my name as a mentor in these catagories.

Painting = Applying armor-worthy paint job to either pepakura armor or foam armor
Overall Pep-Armor Skill = Includes pep work, resin, fiberglass/rondo, bondo, painting, and strapping
Sculpting = Using polystyrene foam to create weapons
Weapons = Using various mediums to create realistic weapons including Pepakura, Scratchbuild

No problem. I'll get you added in as proficient with Overall Pep-Armor, Sculpting and Weapons (Painting falls under Overall Pep-Armor).

If you wish to be a mentor, you're going to have to adjust your account settings so you can receive private messages. I attempted to pair you up with someone the other day, but could not contact you inform you of the pairing. When you have that setting adjusted, please let me know.

Done. I have no idea why my inbox was deactivated, but I've re-enabled it now.

Hello. I'm very new to this msg board and am currently gathering the tools and knowledge I need to make a Halo ODST suit. I have made some chainmail armor (a shirt and long "skirt" of chainmail to be exact) for a LOTR costume, which is completely different, but I learned how to make that from reading stuff from the internet then applied that and after a LOOOTTT of effort put together an Aragorn costume that one of the actors from the Lord of the Rings movies walked up to me at DragonCon and complimented me on it. So, I am willing to put in the work, but a suit like this involves a whole lot of skills that I don't know and would like some guidance. I haven't made a costume in a few years and want to get back into my old hobby. After I finish my Halo suit, I want to ultimately build an Iron Man suit and put together a Loki costume.

Areas that I would like some mentorship: Overall Pep skill, Overall Foam skill, Soft Armor, possibly Sewing and Vacuforming (those two are skills I want to learn for other projects)

If someone would be willing to mentor me, I'd be happy to take any advice you could give. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a mentor in bondo and painting, please :3 I just took a crack at my first ever piece, and though I am fairly happy with the results, there are a lot of things I'd like to improve for the next one.

I'm looking for a mentor in bondo and painting, please :3 I just took a crack at my first ever piece, and though I am fairly happy with the results, there are a lot of things I'd like to improve for the next one.

You're in.

WE NEED MENTORS!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're in.

WE NEED MENTORS!

Honestly, I'm good enough at most things that I can mentor somebody through the entire process. I'm only seeking a mentor because I want the quality of my project to move from "good," to "great."

I can DEFINITELY mentor for Pepakura as well as hardening, if it's needed. I've got that down solid. I'm good enough at bondo/paint that I could show somebody who needed help where to go, but I don't know if my work is "mentor," quality.

I mean, you've seen my thread-- I'll let you be the judge of what I'm good enough to mentor, and if you need it, I'll do it.
Just let me know what you decide to put me down for, if anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
That wasn't necessarily directed at you, more for everyone in general. I appreciate you volunteering, and I can add you in as proficient in Pepakura and Fiberglass/Rondo if you'd like; but we've got a surplus of that. What we need the most of right now are the people proficient in finish work (what you're looking at improving).

That wasn't necessarily directed at you, more for everyone in general. I appreciate you volunteering, and I can add you in as proficient in Pepakura and Fiberglass/Rondo if you'd like; but we've got a surplus of that. What we need the most of right now are the people proficient in finish work (what you're looking at improving).

I know it wasn't directed at me, I just figured I'd throw myself out there. If I get more practiced with the finish work, I'll put myself down for that, too.

I'm looking for a mentor to guide me in building a foam gen 2 suit, please. This is my first time creating armor, and I want to use foam to avoid the chemicals used in the pep method due to both health issues and because my parents don't want the chemicals in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back