• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SpartanSRS said:
You'll lead a reinforcement force with Spartans 149 and 151 to help Spartan 302. And Mjolnir, only one day has pass ;)

Well get ready to edit, because you said it's been a week since they haven'y return. Or was that in chapter when team Alpha went their mission?

Tip/suggestion: When you're in a scene, let them have a free discussion or comments. Anything to make it so that it isn't so serious. But do make it serious at points, and have more parts where people talk. Just thought that would help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheSpartanMjolnir said:
Well get ready to edit, because you said it's been a week since they haven'y return. Or was that in chapter when team Alpha went their mission?

Tip/suggestion: When you're in a scene, let them have a free discussion or comments. Anything to make it so that it isn't so serious. But do make it serious at points, and have more parts where people talk. Just thought that would help you.

Yeah, adding a little humor might make it better. Or more realistic for the reader in fact.

As to shellshocker, I haven't really set the real date to the story. I've already changed the cryo tube area where they find Spartans, marines, and personel. I admit that was kind of a mistake because then it'd just turn the story into a blood bath.

The story is looking good so far. I do agree that the time should be shortend, by about 50 years at the minimum. Also, do try and have a scene or two with the crew relaxing and just being themselves, break the tension somewhat.

Texan2012 said:
The story is looking good so far. I do agree that the time should be shortend, by about 50 years at the minimum. Also, do try and have a scene or two with the crew relaxing and just being themselves, break the tension somewhat.

-Add On-

Ok, so to make it more realistic, here's a helpful guide.

Sometimes have in between converation in a battle. Like the first battle in Ch. 1 where manning the gun, I could have said "Sh** i ran out of bullets," or " Dude before i die, i wanna to tell you i made out with your sister". Something like that to make the scene as you said better and more realistc,funny.

Spartans can joke around and have fun and stuff

Marines, are really funny, and always complaining or tired, or making cool funny comments. Like " geez, has your mom ever told you brush your teeth, aw sick, you spit on me".

Elites, peaceful, funny, and sometimes get mad at humans, so maybe they can get shot on accident and have them complaining. EXample:

" Hey dude, lets see what happens if i shoot the arbiter" laughed SartanII. ( gun sounds). " Aw you hit me, stupid human, have you no peace" spat out the arbiter. Then a hunter came and smakced him to the wall.

You get it, just give them personality

TSM

P.s i conly told you this because I want the story to be awesome, and i liked puttingin the dialougue. lol

Hey, for the pilots and crews, use airline-like jokes and airlock threats while in transit if the passengers are giving beef.

Example:
Marine: Jesus man, I just wanted to have the Corps pay for my college then I get out, not get shot!
Pilot: Either you shut your trap or you'll be washing the pelican with your toothbrush!

If your talking about reality, I really think we should do something with the time setting...

We won't be using M-16s and M-4s 100 years later.

Texan2012 said:
Hey, for the pilots and crews, use airline-like jokes and airlock threats while in transit if the passengers are giving beef.

Example:
Marine: Jesus man, I just wanted to have the Corps pay for my college then I get out, not get shot!
Pilot: Either you shut your trap or you'll be washing the pelican with your toothbrush!

That's a good one. So basicly just add a little more non violent out of plot scenes.

Here's one for a hunter:

"Hey, Arbiter, I know we're in a battle right now, but i got to take a number 2" Hunter
"Are you kidding me, you just went an hour ago, we didn't eat a thing today"\
" yeah i know, but i have a bad digestive system, and i have that disease where you can't go"
" Ok i'll cover you go"
" How do i take off my suit?"

Since you plan on changing the finding of the chief. How about you find a lost message or something.

lol, no fair! you cant just stop right there! have to admit, your good at cliff hanger endings :cool:

love the story so far, but i gotta agree, more military banter and such would make the story much more realistic. like when the ODST 's were used to combat, not maintenance, you could have one or two of them have a conversation about how they are bored and wish something would happen to spice things up.

just my two cents, either way, great job, keep it up

shellshocker said:
If your talking about reality, I really think we should do something with the time setting...

We won't be using M-16s and M-4s 100 years later.

Hmm. True, I'll make it 20 years later?

SparanSRS. Me and you should do the editing part of the new topic. Like make it look better.

So here's my promise when we work on it tomorrow?

-Squads completed
-Squad names ( decided by people in squad)
-Pelican names
-Information that needed to be in my role list
- And if you want, a little backround story, or would that take too much space
- and more

TheSpartanMjolnir said:
SparanSRS. Me and you should do the editing part of the new topic. Like make it look better.

So here's my promise when we work on it tomorrow?

-Squads completed
-Squad names ( decided by people in squad)
-Pelican names
-Information that needed to be in my role list
- And if you want, a little backround story, or would that take too much space
- and more

Sure, I'll get that started now

Just one thing. Squads generally don't have names. They have designations like "Fire team (squad) Charlie", and there are I believe 5 Fire teams in a platoon, 3 platoons in a company, 3 companies in a battalion, 3 battalions in a brigade, and 3 brigades in a division. I'm pretty sure the Military speak for the first five letters is Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Echo. Hope this was of some help!

Chupathingy said:
Just one thing. Squads generally don't have names. They have designations like "Fire team (squad) Charlie", and there are I believe 5 Fire teams in a platoon, 3 platoons in a company, 3 companies in a battalion, 3 battalions in a brigade, and 3 brigades in a division. I'm pretty sure the Military speak for the first five letters is Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Echo. Hope this was of some help!

Haha I know I just went for generic terms for them, didn't want to get too detailed.. YET :)

Chupathingy said:

I didn't mean squad names by like, squad little tiny horned unicorns. I meant like delta alpha, and since it';s been 20 years later, there would be some news ones. Catching on now.

Hey SpartanSRS when are you going to be on Pacific coast time zone?

shellshocker said:
I see you don't know my character's name

It's Arlk Valdmir, and I wrote it on my request posting you know...

Sorry, and Sorry guys. I haven't been caught up. It's really tiring that people change their mind or join. thank goodness the regiristration for a character was STOPPED!
I'll get caught up soon, right after i eat and i come back at 5 at my time

TheSpartanMjolnir said:
I didn't mean squad names by like, squad little tiny horned unicorns. I meant like delta alpha, and since it';s been 20 years later, there would be some news ones. Catching on now.

Hey SpartanSRS when are you going to be on Pacific coast time zone?

I'm on CST, so I'll be on a little later or earlier than you guys.

SpartanSRS said:
I'm on CST, so I'll be on a little later or earlier than you guys.

Well, i'm here now lets get started.

IF YOU SEE A NEW TOPIC THAT ALMOST LIKE THIS ONE, DON'T POST ON IT UNTIL WE SAY OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back