405th Pepakura File Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have just put together "Agbates - Hayabusa Helmet.pdo", the file from the wiki.

Easy and straightforward if you just work one or two pages at a time; I had it together in two days with a couple of hours each day (working in front of the computer for reference, which probably helps a lot). maybe 8-10 hours total.

It is a glove-tight fit. Let's see, I'm 6'2" 190 lbs, it fits PERFECTLY, which might be a problem when I fg it. we will see...

The only problem areas I had were right below the crown, for some reason it didn't want to fit together but I crammed it in.

I can also see out just fine, I wasn't expecting that. I think abgates modeled it just to fit my face. :D Actually the chin area is a tad small, but I'll fix it before I resin.

As a short addon to that: I seem to find the same for that helmet. The rear base of the crown and the top of the 'cap' area of the helm itself don't seem to like to marry up very well. I've gone through two builds so far with the same problem in the same place each time despite different approaches.

EDIT:

I also have the file arranged for A4 should anybody need it.

Pull the 5 top spikes together with a strip of cardstock (helps reinforce it, too) before you resin. You can see in the picture I posted above how that area is a fair bit wider than the computer model. It's a magic little trick that pops the whole thing into shape. At least it worked for me.

sybrfreq said:
Pull the 5 top spikes together with a strip of cardstock (helps reinforce it, too) before you resin. You can see in the picture I posted above how that area is a fair bit wider than the computer model. It's a magic little trick that pops the whole thing into shape. At least it worked for me.
hmm i never had the problem with cackheads unfold all the spike held for me

Photo50.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With me it's more a problem when I'm done on the crown and I'm trying to glue the top of the helm itself on - somthing seems to 'bunch up' there and I can't do anything to solve it. it's nothing to do with resining or gluing and I've checked my work over thousands of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back