405th Quick Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello members of the 405th! I have created a quick user Tutorial/Reference Guide for all you new/old members. It will show you the process and things needed in order to create your Armor.

For new members this will help you a lot in answering some of your questions in How to?, Where Do I start? or What do I need?

This is just a reference guide you should read in dept in the links I provided in the documents. I only scratched the surface in what this site has to offer you. Enjoy!

PowerPoint File
http://rapidshare.com/files/132291120/Welc...o_the_405th.ppt

For those who can't view power point I created the word document.
Word Document
http://rapidshare.com/files/131944156/Welc..._405th.doc.html

Also PDF format
http://rapidshare.com/files/131949894/Welc...o_the_405th.pdf

The power point I put a lot of work into it please give me some feedback or things I need to correct thank you!
Note power point has sound clips of halo songs from halo 2 - halo 3 :D enjoy.

Edit* Fixed the text you can now see the words clearly on power point.

Not to be mean or anything, but your color schemes are really hard to read at times. Try editing the background of the text boxes to include a fill color. Then just change the opaque setting to 75%. It should let you see the text better and still allow you to see the background slide image.

ODST-RAGE said:
[attachment=5580:44079077_Full.jpg]
What's odd in this picture? besides the pelican?

The marine flying through the air? did the pelican land on him or something lol?!

Last edited by a moderator:
syntax said:
The marine flying through the air? did the pelican land on him or something lol?!
Correct! lol The Pelican landed right on him and I saw him flying so I took a snap shot and sent it to bungie

ODST-RAGE said:
Correct! lol The Pelican landed right on him and I saw him flying so I took a snap shot and sent it to bungie

lol thats epic.

Some of the text is hard to read. Overall it's a very good introduction pointing everyone to more info. A few typos but hey it was quickly done. It's a great start. Good job!

Hey gang! Let's all try to be super cool and post our own neat threads about how to tell people how things go on the forums, cause hell they don't read the stickies, so I'm just absolutely positively sure that they will read this thread and download the attachment and then read the attachment.

More information doesn't cure ignorance guys. I'm sorry to say these things are lost causes in the end.

The sarcasm wasn't needed. This would have been enough.
TheRob said:
More information doesn't cure ignorance guys. I'm sorry to say these things are lost causes in the end.
Next time, keep the sarcasm to yourself.

TheRob said:
Hey gang! Let's all try to be super cool and post our own neat threads about how to tell people how things go on the forums, cause hell they don't read the stickies, so I'm just absolutely positively sure that they will read this thread and download the attachment and then read the attachment.

You must not have been reading the "It's all in the detail" Thread... I was trying to make a quick reference guide for all those who don't know what there doing in the site. To be honest I didn't even know what a sticky was for about a month when I first started. I know you know how the site is run and obvously I know how this site is run but I think your sarcasm is way out of line. Trying to solve a know problem in the noob forum and I quote from the details thread
"Ok so why don't I make that power point and post it in the noob forum to try it out? I still think it be a good reference then anything? Remember this thing I'm trying to do is to make a quick guide like in any electronic devices. It doesn't have to be placed in the beginning when you first sign up... All I'm trying to do is to make a quick reference to the site."

To you I know it won't be useful because like I stated before you know how the forum runs you know where everything is. For those who don't know this is a great starting point to see the process and thing that will happen along the way when there making there own armor. I'm not trying to be "Super cool"... :cautious:

I like the detail in the instructions. This should REALLY help all of the noobs who can't be bothered to read stickies. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back