405Th'ers From Utah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjLoki13

Yo,

So I figured I would post this in general as its...well general? But yeah Utahn's? Any of them on here? Hah

-Loki

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, my sister goes to school at U of U, but I don't live there... sorry mate... Is it true that the statue of Brigham Young from Uni. of Utah was stolen by BYU. or did U of U students steal it and put it at the bottom of the Great Salt Lake? sorry, funny stories from college students ;) .... not sure if any of that was true

Cheers!

Sniperbaas392 said:
Haha, my sister goes to school at U of U, but I don't live there... sorry mate... Is it true that the statue of Brigham Young from Uni. of Utah was stolen by BYU. or did U of U students steal it and put it at the bottom of the Great Salt Lake? sorry, funny stories from college students ;) .... not sure if any of that was true

Cheers!

Haha I didn't hear any of that..I know that the BYU cougar statue..someone tried to sell it on EBAY haha. But that's really all I know. :pYeah Im up at USU... I was just hoping to find other armor makers/halo friends.. =[

-Loki

Roger Paystrup said:
:) I'm down in the Utah Valley. Does that count as being super utahn?

Define Super Utahn :pHaha. I'm not mormon either. So I really feel like an outcast :pI build Halo armor. Check. Im not of the predominate faith. Check. I drink. Check and Mate for me hahaha....

-Loki

Trickster Loki said:
Haha I didn't hear any of that..I know that the BYU cougar statue..someone tried to sell it on EBAY haha. But that's really all I know. :pYeah Im up at USU... I was just hoping to find other armor makers/halo friends.. =[

-Loki

I guess about 10 years back there was a bit of rivalry between byu and u of u. Eventually this escalated into the disappearance of the statue of Brigham Young from the Universtiy of Utah. (Most/all U of U kids aren't Mormon and don't really like the BYU kids (i guess).) Two theories rose up. BYU students stole the statue and kept it for themselves away from the "heathens", or U of U students decided that even though Brigham played a large part in the construction of the U. they didn't want themselves to have him either. So, he's either in a basement, or enjoying a nice salt water dive. ;)

Though, you came to the right place to find armor makers/ halo friends ;)

I live nearby (wyoming)

Cheers!

Sniperbaas392 said:
I guess about 10 years back there was a bit of rivalry between byu and u of u. Eventually this escalated into the disappearance of the statue of Brigham Young from the Universtiy of Utah. (Most/all U of U kids aren't Mormon and don't really like the BYU kids (i guess).) Two theories rose up. BYU students stole the statue and kept it for themselves away from the "heathens", or U of U students decided that even though Brigham played a large part in the construction of the U. they didn't want themselves to have him either. So, he's either in a basement, or enjoying a nice salt water dive. ;)

Though, you came to the right place to find armor makers/ halo friends ;)

I live nearby (wyoming)

Cheers!

Hah thats awesome! I hadnt heard that!!! Ill have to ask around for sure :pWe will have to all hit up a con thats out this way. I havent found one yet or found anyone to go with =[

-Loki

Yeah, b/c I'm still in High School, I can't really travel to far to any cons. plus my parents aren't too big on gaming, but if there ever was one in Denver or SLC, I'm pretty sure I could convince them to let me go. lol. "Can I visit my sister in SLC? (and visit a con?)" lol... maybe we should start our own con? ;)

Cheers!

Sniperbaas392 said:
Yeah, b/c I'm still in High School, I can't really travel to far to any cons. plus my parents aren't too big on gaming, but if there ever was one in Denver or SLC, I'm pretty sure I could convince them to let me go. lol. "Can I visit my sister in SLC? (and visit a con?)" lol... maybe we should start our own con? ;)

Cheers!

Hah it would work even better if you convinced your sis to build armor and go with you :p"Rents..I iz going to visits sis okay?" "WE GO TO CON YAY!" hahahahahah..but yeah man I dunno if theres one here...im new to the whole con thing. I just like building armor to look cool :pIm definitely going to work at the bowling alley with it on one day...either this "halo"ween or next :p

-Loki

Trickster Loki said:
Hah it would work even better if you convinced your sis to build armor and go with you :p"Rents..I iz going to visits sis okay?" "WE GO TO CON YAY!" hahahahahah..but yeah man I dunno if theres one here...im new to the whole con thing. I just like building armor to look cool :pIm definitely going to work at the bowling alley with it on one day...either this "halo"ween or next :p

-Loki

Haha! I might have more luck convincing her husband to do it. I really haven't been to any gaming cons, so I'm in the same boat. I'm probably going to wear my suit all day to school the day before Haloween and Haloween! (Except maybe not my helmet for when I'm playing ODST lol) You know, maybe impress some girls. jk ;)

Cheers!

the utahns are all up north. I feel so distant... Oh well, I go to school in Salt Lake. And we don't have any big gaming/movie/comic conventions around here. Gun shows. but I wouldn't show up to one of those wearing prop armor. that won't turn out too well.

Adam said:
Timecon is there !

hmm Timecon eh? Hah yeah ill have to check around to see if there is any cons here...it makes me sad they are all so far away!!

-Loki

Caboos318 said:
lol, timecon is a person that is here on the 405th :] he is in Soreing Hammer

Hah I know! I meant that I still will have to check around and see if there is a con here :pI know who Timecon is. I have looked at his work before!

-Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back