60 Days To Halloween! Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masterchief1977 said:
fix the leg right there where the knee is. it looks like she wont be able to bend her leg when she walks.

Cool thanks for the help, I will look at it again. I'm going a mile a minute (which is only 60 miles an hour :lol ) and last night I only checked to see if it fits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I have been all over these board today... It was a slow day at work, now it is time to settle in and put some solid weekend time into Sophie's Armor.

Hopefully I will have all the pieces pepped and glassed by Sunday Night! So I will see you all later this weekend!

Sweet, looks great so far, can't wait to see it finished and all put together.

I bet they will get a lot of candy for Halloween.

My daughter is so darn cute she gets candy all year! I have no idea where she get's the looks or the flirty girl attitude. It's not from Mom and Dad! :lol

I have been a Pep'n Fool!!!

After noticing some size issues I re-Pep'd the right legs a full inch smaller, I don't notice any differences in the fitting or the proportions right now, but if I have to correct anything I am going to do it by trimming pieces down and or adding pieces. O.k. this isn't going to be perfect... But again, I'll cover up the mistakes and corrections with some distress painting.

I'm not really going for perfection just finished, and right now I have killed a 6 pack since last night and I am 6 pieces away from a fully pep'd (re-pep'd) Spartan!

I would like to add that around midnight last night I ran out to Wal-Mart for some super glue and aside from the thick crusty build up on my fingers this worked great putting it all together.

I also tried a Glue Gun but I the set time as too quick and I'd rather have crusty fingers that burnt ones... I'm a baby like that!

I may take a nap and start up again in a few hours, I hope to be ready for glass tomorrow morning to I can trim and start Bondo later tomorrow evening.

Ok I'll stop rambling, Peace!

chwbcc

Things are moving along, check out the status update in the original post! I can't wait to get this finished, I'm so excited! Oh and Sophie is too! :)

Holy Cow, I have been an armor making fool today!

Resin the remaining pieces, 'cept the chest, this morning, then Bondo them, sanded them and touched them up now they only need a coat of primer and some paint and I am in bid-ness!!!

I am still covered from head to toe in dust and I have to say I at least feel like the best dad in the world, even though I look like I must work in a cocaine factory!

Check out the first post to see the progress. I've added some more photos!

Peace,

chwbcc

Hey, just found this forum last week and started on my MKVI last Tuesday. I'm not going to go with very much detail on my first set of armor. i just want something that people would recognize. So this first set is going to be pretty cruddy. I just started resining my pieces today and I'm going to finish resining tomorrow. Anyways, the suits look great. I wish my dad made me stuff like that when I was little. lol

Psychopanda said:
Hey, just found this forum last week and started on my MKVI last Tuesday. I'm not going to go with very much detail on my first set of armor. i just want something that people would recognize. So this first set is going to be pretty cruddy. I just started resining my pieces today and I'm going to finish resining tomorrow. Anyways, the suits look great. I wish my dad made me stuff like that when I was little. lol

My mom used to make me costumes every year. But that was up North and when schools had contests, before it wasn't too PC to celebrate Halloween!

So I am carrying on the tradition she started, and when the kids out grow the costume/trick or treating I am going to carry on the tradition my dad started... Scaring the crap out of the kids in the neighborhood!

A great way to hid the flaws is to Ink the low areas with black or brown then wipe off the excess. The dark low areas will give it a battle worn look. Then Dry brush silver over the edges to give it a scratched look. A good paint job can really make up for a shottie bondo job any day.

Post you WIP so I can see pics.

Queen said:
lol It's okay for being rushed. I like how the suit is tiny and adorable!

Sophie is so proud of it, and that is what makes it all worth it!

Thats very cute and the armour is turning out very nicely! How nice of you to do this for your kids. Well I hope this gets finished before Halloween. Best of luck to you!

Just saw this topic and I must say a mini spartan will be just to cute. Love the colors too. Maybe I should go rockin; in my pink armor instead of orange XD.

Little Baby Girl Spartan is the freaking cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. Lol Great job so far. This is an awesome tradition to keep alive. Every thing seem on track. Good luck with your deadline. Can't wait to see the mini spartan all done. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back