7th ODST Division

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an ODST id like to get a feel for how many of us there are here and have us ban together and be one division (a sub group of the 405th, like how there are clone troopers, stormtroopers, biker scouts,etc... divisions among the 501st) rather than a scattered group of marines doing nothing. Anyone who has or is making (currently) a suit please feel free to post in here to help create a list of ODST's. Also any ideas for working towards making it official with Adam and the other Leaders feel free to post it here. Thanks.

In the 501st, it's called a "detachment". We're not quite to a point where we're ready to go over finer details, but it's very likely that the Club is going to have something similar to these, but under a different name.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to be a "division" though, because a division of a division doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :)

By all means though, there's no reason you can't get together before the 405th "starts". Just as long as everyone is totally clear that there are currently NO members in the 405th, and there's no guarantee that all participants of your group will be able to become members (at least not right away). Any logos and stuff can't be considered approved yet either.

Once we're set-up you may be eligible to register a group like that, and submit logos for approval that will be registered to your group and only be usable BY your group, etc.. THat's POSSIBLY how it'll work, unfortunately I can't guarantee it'll work that way, it's just my opinion on how it should be handled. It may turn out that we can't actually do that.. We'll see.

Don't get your hopes up too high, but we're certainly striving to make this thing as cool as possible..

I know, it was more of a club type thing as it was. I hope it will some day become an official detachment. Thanks for listening. :D

ODSTs Rock, Jump Feet First Into Hell!

It would be awesome to have detachments of Marines and ODSTs, Infantry, Recon, Heavy Support, HALO (High Altitude Low Orbit), currently working on a ODST flood form, so i can easily switch between flood and regular ODST.

I would also like to help out in making an ODST group,
Well in making groups i would advise to stay away from making to many groups of the same thing (like 4-5 ODSTs), we only really need one group. Division number will be of tcourse 405th, next would be creating the full Enlisted status, like the
405th Orbital Drop Shock Trooper Battalion (or Division- in halowiki there is a Training Unit as well). And then if we wanted we could make squads within this one group based on location so you have the best odds of attending certain events with your own squad. Give the squads names (ex. Beta-Alpha-Gamma-Omega-Echo-Kilo-Epsilon-Delta-Zeta-Sigma-Tau[Greek alphabet sounds best]), give squad members military ranks pvt. sgt. sssgt. ect.

just a few quick ideas

Assassin716 said:
ODSTs Rock, Jump Feet First Into Hell!

It would be awesome to have detachments of Marines and ODSTs, Infantry, Recon, Heavy Support, HALO (High Altitude Low Orbit), currently working on a ODST flood form, so i can easily switch between flood and regular ODST.

I would also like to help out in making an ODST group,
Well in making groups i would advise to stay away from making to many groups of the same thing (like 4-5 ODSTs), we only really need one group. Division number will be of tcourse 405th, next would be creating the full Enlisted status, like the
405th Orbital Drop Shock Trooper Battalion (or Division- in halowiki there is a Training Unit as well). And then if we wanted we could make squads within this one group based on location so you have the best odds of attending certain events with your own squad. Give the squads names (ex. Beta-Alpha-Gamma-Omega-Echo-Kilo-Epsilon-Delta-Zeta-Sigma-Tau[Greek alphabet sounds best]), give squad members military ranks pvt. sgt. sssgt. ect.

just a few quick ideas

You mention using a single group for ODST's, but that won't work.. What WILL work is the other idea, with "alpha beta squads.."

The reason is that in the 501st, detachments operate outside of the main group, but it's members all still belong to the garrisons and squads.

The whole purpose of detachments is to allow folks to get together with similar themed costumes, AS WELL as still participate in the normal group. It's not a self-sufficient group, nor territorial, although the other group types (similar to the Garrisons/squads of the 501st) are designed specifically to be that way. It'd be fine if you have a city loaded with ODST that wanted to do this, but beyond that you're talking about creating membership holes all over the place.

As for ranks within detachments, there's a "detachment leader" position, but that's about it because all other detachment needs are served by the garrison/squad level. Whether, or not, you want to roleplay within your detachment, and have ranks within it that apply to nothing outside of that detachment, all I can say right now is that it's possible that it may be "ok" to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, one thing, the 7th :pODST's are a sub category thing of the 405th. i remeber there are patches and a logo from the game for it. Some where....
*runs off to find*

This is for all ODST's. H2-H3.

I don't really see how we can talk about having subdivisions yet when even the starting garrisons have not been discussed in the 405th charter as of yet. What Mike said about detachments is about the closest thing that has been talked about and nothing has even been written at this point in that subsection of the charter.

Also, where are the ODST costumes? I only know of 1 completed one, Darthmaddy's (I made the helm for it). It's great to talk about these kind of things but shouldn't folks have an ODST costume complete before they talk about forming an ODST group? You know what I'm getting at, guns and jumping them.

Sigma-LS said:
I don't really see how we can talk about having subdivisions yet when even the starting garrisons have not been discussed in the 405th charter as of yet. What Mike said about detachments is about the closest thing that has been talked about and nothing has even been written at this point in that subsection of the charter.

Also, where are the ODST costumes? I only know of 1 completed one, Darthmaddy's (I made the helm for it). It's great to talk about these kind of things but shouldn't folks have an ODST costume complete before they talk about forming an ODST group? You know what I'm getting at, guns and jumping them.

In my opinion the easiest type of ODST costume would be Fatigues, some urban camo, die it with gray so there is no white on the BDUs, grab a military hat like Johnsons UNSC Fidel Hat
some military boots and spelunking gloves from your nearest Military Surplus store, a nice weapon prop, and if you want to go as far as me get a nice military Canvas Alice Pack from amazon, and stuff in some supplies like a med kit from the first halo or even some extra ammo, Fatigues would be the easiest and you can add stuff to it...like patches if and when we get some for the 405th, UNSC water bottle on the bungie store, well i basically just listed what i have as a beginners cosplay/costume for an ODST

ODSTs dont wear their armor all the time like the chief does, And I believe that we should be able to wear fatigues, in dressing up or cosplaying or costuming we are assuming our character that we created and are therefore representing within the Halo universe. Im not arguing i am just stating that Fatigues/BDUs are a viable costume with the proper equipment such as patches, Military Fidel Cap, Halo universe weapon.

no, fatigues are fine, but they need armor in an addition to the Fatigues. Unless your an ODST recruit (going through boot) i guess that would be okay until you finished your armor.

ODST is a Special Titled Rank For those that undergo the rigorous training that it takes to become one, and from what your saying 104 is that unless we have the armor we can not deem ourselves as an ODST member which is unfair and least to say inaccurate, you dont have to have the armor to be a die hard ODST, yes the Helmet is considered a trade mark of the ODST because of its slender visor, that doesnt mean you should rule out the people that want to costume/cosplay as a ODST off duty

Spartan-104 said:
As an ODST id like to get a feel for how many of us there are here and have us ban together and be one division (a sub group of the 405th, like how there are clone troopers, stormtroopers, biker scouts,etc... divisions among the 501st) rather than a scattered group of marines doing nothing....
Going with the idea- I think thats pretty alright; I'd be up for it but then again what about marines? Spartans? Ect. . . I think it's just called, " Earth's Deffences" or " The UNSC" I'm up for it however. PM me and I'll make you a banner in CS3 ? ;)

Now that I've already thought about it, I can see us getting together and reliving war stories over coffee and bagels. (screw doughnuts not man enough for ODSTs. . .actually spartans ALWAYS get doughnuts. . . )

just to burst a few bubbles and generally wreak havok on your ideas.. (sorry.. I just hate apologizing for reining in ideas that are wandering away from the club goals)

Please keep in mind that currently, the club is geared towards representing characters that appear in the games, AS characters that appear in the games. As such, to be at an event representing the club as an ODST, you'd need to be wearing a costume that meets the guidelines for an ODST costume. In other words, if you aren't wearing ODST armor, you're not ODST.

Spartans remove their armor too. As evidenced by the graphic novel, where the woman was training in John's armor to test it out, and further signified by John removing his helmet at the end of Halo 1.

I'm sure the marines all have stuff like bathing suits and pajamas too, but that doesn't mean we'd represent a Marine character that way. Anyone showing up in only marine bra and panties, should not be surprised about being removed from the club.

There was a suggestion that perhaps an entry-level marine costume might be possible, but it'd still be based on the IN-game stuff, with only a slight deviance to represent the club better, rather than be a "generic" marine.

An ODST detachment, if there are any, would be based on the ODST costumes, honestly, how would anything else cut it?

Master_Chief_13 said:
huh, those'll be helpful refeerences, but im doing mine from scratch
umm click on the word like for example where it says "Helmet" click it it's a download link.

now that i think about it and what you said your right Deadguy,
i guess the only thing non-armor thats in game and would be spiffy to wear would be this
Hood.jpg

ive got a pair of white slacks (Kohls rocks), will try to find a jacket, and the hat is something ill have to work on along with medals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back