A 405th Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do a spartan laser I already have it printed and scored. I have cut like two or three pages out and had a problem with one of the very small pieces which I can re-print and score if need be. Its all in a box in the other room.
I would go with the splaser to so that we all can have one and we wont have to worry about size.

Also if we do a splaser the process would be a little different due to the fact it is hard to fiber glass a closed object.
We would probably need to do it in halfs or something like that also you have to consider the only thing that supports the front upper part of a splaser is only like 3/4 to 1 inch thick. It may have to be made in pieces.

ok since it's already started how about
scoring and cutting - Spaz47
glue and resining - godsarmor
reinforcing - The stig
Bondo - Sharkhead7854
Painting
Finishing (lights and stuff) -advent
Molding - possibly to be done by ithica

hows this look at the moment of course this is only a prelimary list

It sounds like a good idea, but I would be worried about someone "ninja-ing" the piece and not shipping to the next person. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it's something to think about.

spaz47 said:
what happened to godsarmor and putting it together and the stig reinforcing it.
whoops my mess up thx for reminding me

@dungbeetle

the only thing we could do about this is we will know where it is and i'll be insisting that people send a copy of the mailing reciept to everyone involved in the project
so if anyone does ninja the project we can publicly name and shame if it comes to that
but to be honest i would rather not have it come to that

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rock paper scissors for bondoing...but I'd also be willing to paint, but I'm more than confident that someone else should paint...but my bondo skills are quite on par....much time spent on many an item...

Yeah I don't think that "ninja-ing" would be an issue yet, everyone on the list so far is known :D
not someone who just came in to the 405th with 2 posts ^^
and yes, we could always post who took if someone did do something that low >__>

ok sharkhead would you rather paint it or bondo it?
looks like weve got our list
ill just need to confirm if ithica is able to mold and then were ready to go

was thinking that maybe once we all get a cast of the splaser that maybe we donate it to the 405th museum with all our names on it

but as stated before it's a group effort so if anyone else has a sugestion feel free to say it

@spaz
how tall have you made it? (from nose to end)

adventSpartanMatrix said:

was thinking that maybe once we all get a cast of the splaser that maybe we donate it to the 405th museum with all our names on it

but as stated before it's a group effort so if anyone else has a sugestion feel free to say it

spaz

Could we atleast start with something a little smaller, an SMG?
Thing about it, It's a Spartan laser, Those things are huge.
Maybe we should do a smaller weapon, If it works well, do a bigger one after.

I am up for molding and casting. I think to prevent shipping I do the mold and when done people send some money or plastic which ever they choose).I cast them and then send them to the person who sent the plastic. Advent you do the light kits based on purchase and send them with instructions on how to install so you would get one of the first casts of course. Someone else does a tutorial on their paint job. Everything that is basd on purchase is based on cost only. We do not make money off each other on this project and everyone will get one without having to ship 10 lasers around the worl. Pretty much once the detailed bondo version meets me that will be the last time one individual piece gets shipped. I will be shipping the rest made. I will need a list of teh crew and contact information once this happens. I believe that the crew leader should have all contact information on hand anyway.I will be off and on throughout the weekend drop me a PM.

Ithica

spaz
Well I only said bondo cus the only part of pepakura I know I can do is reinforce, resin, and bondo but 2/3 were taken >.<
I tried test painting my old helmet and..... apparently I'm not too good at that XD

ok here is the new list
scoring and cutting - Spaz47
glue and resining - godsarmor
reinforcing - The stig
Bondo - Sharkhead7854
Molding - ithica
(advents personnal assistant -The stig) :)

i will make LED sets and send instructions for them
i will either send kits or finished ones dependant on how people want them

some one else can make a painting tutorial or even paint sets (maybe both if they wish)
if some one wishs to do the painting stuff
plz post

ok can everyone involved with this
please send me contact info plz
i will then forward the info to the relevent people (next on the list) as well as to ithica

this is a green light on the project

@thestig
if this goes well i think we will go through other projects as well
plus we want to be a unique group as there are a couple of smg's, AR and M6G's running around but i've never seen anyone on the forum running around with a finished splaser

anyway if this goes to pot we tried and had fun with it
and we can start again with something easier

ok can everyone involved with this
please send me contact info plz
i will then forward the info to the relevent people (next on the list) as well as to ithica

this is a green light on the project

@thestig
if this goes well i think we will go through other projects as well
plus we want to be a unique group as there are a couple of smg's, AR and M6G's running around but i've never seen anyone on the forum running around with a finished splaser

anyway if this goes to pot we tried and had fun with it
and we can start again with something easier
Okay lets do it.
By the way whoever is Resining, could you possibly be able to separate it into sections after resining?
That way we might be able to make it smaller to ship, and if too big, shippable separately.
Not only that but fibreglassing will be made easier if I'm doing it in pieces.

Just an idea to have them made, and easily foldable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back