A 405th Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Info sent!
That sounds good, if its resined and separated the pieces could probably be stacked like plates, as long as.... *checks list*... godsarmor can stick some bubble rap or something in the package.

ok sharkhead pointed out that some people very wisely don't pick up the phone if they don't know the number due to tele market people
so if it is ok with people i will send a copy of everyones phone numbers to people involved just in case

I know that all the spots are taken but is there any way i can still help? I would be willing to donate molding material and such. Anything to get this spartan laser.

Just realised, What about shipping?
I'm in UK aswell as Advent, Will shipping something like this be okay to go all the way to say, Florida, and wouldn't it take ages?

generally shipping only takes 4-5days from here to the us so i'ts not too long

@angry cabbage
donations are welcome
and a donation of molding materials will make the casts cheaper for all of us
send me ur contact details for the list

Well,
I can't paint to save my life but... more importantly,
Aren't we using it for molding and casting?
Everyone will receive a plain white slplazer from the mold, And one of us will get a heavy, painted and original spartan laser (being the original pepped one)

adventSpartanMatrix said:
generally shipping only takes 4-5days from here to the us so i'ts not too long

angry cabbage
donations are welcome
and a donation of molding materials will make the casts cheaper for all of us
send me ur contact details for the list

What exactly do you need for my contact information? I was just planning on shipping the casting stuff straight to ithica from the website that i buy from. Ithica is the one who's gonna cast it right? I would like to know what brand he uses. Also does anyone have a rough idea of how big its gonna be? If its gonna be full size i'm gonna need quite a large amount of the stuff right?

Also i live in Michigan which is why i didn't volunteer for one of the other duties.

Last edited by a moderator:
the reason i was asking for the contact details is so that we can contact you easily and quickly if need be
also so that we can send you the casting once it is finished
the sizes for the splaser are
98.9 cm deep, 11.3 cm wide, 31.3 cm high

adventSpartanMatrix said:
the reason i was asking for the contact details is so that we can contact you easily and quickly if need be
also so that we can send you the casting once it is finished
the sizes for the splaser are
98.9 cm deep, 11.3 cm wide, 31.3 cm high
If they're not involved in making it, surely we're just giving them a free splaser, Fair enough they're paying for the materials but what about our troubles in making it as a group?
Surely if Ithica is making the mold & casts, He would be the one to buy them from.
I'm guessing he'll keep the mold and keep it for his own use of a Splazer, Then maybe make more and sell them?
So if anyone is interested in buying the final thing surely Ithica would be the one to ask.

I am in the cutting stages as we speak. If we need to I can fold it but I have printed lined and cut it.

@ AdventSpartan if there is anyone willing to fold and be a part I wouldnt mind because there are so many small pieces.

spaz47 said:
I am in the cutting stages as we speak. If we need to I can fold it but I have printed lined and cut it.

@ AdventSpartan if there is anyone willing to fold and be a part I wouldnt mind because there are so many small pieces.
If you were to fold it would mean it would have to be shipped in a box rather than an envelope, Aswell as that, if its not reinforced it will probably get crushed/warped during shipping.
The next person after you is folding, and resining, meaning it has some support, With some bubblewrap that should go through the post undamaged (aslong as alot of resin is used)

Yeah I'm guessing that's why Advent put those 2 stages together.
It would be a risky move to ship a paper construction without it being damaged =\
Even resined alone it's a bit risky.

sharkhead7854 said:
Yeah I'm guessing that's why Advent put those 2 stages together.
It would be a risky move to ship a paper construction without it being damaged =\
Even resined alone it's a bit risky.
Correct, but with tight enough packing and alot of bubblewrap or padding it might work.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying it'll get damaged. I'm pointing out that even a resined piece could be broken with little effort.
edit:
COOKIESS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back