A Few Pepakura Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArktosPendragon

1)Okay, I just finished building a Mk VI helmet and it turned out a little small. Now, I (in my noobish ways) thought I could just print it out the way it was. So after I had the knowledge that I needed to scale it, I poked around a little. I found a thread on how to do that and the method seemed pretty good. I found out you cannot scale it in viewer so I downloaded designer. I brought it up and went to scale it. In every thread I read the method starts off with the default size which is like 30.-------- but, every file I use is Between 2 and 0.

Scale.png

Now, what am I doing wrong?

2)I have only printed a few pep pieces so far and I haven't had to many problems. But, whenever I try to print files that are like this

Printing.png

It prints it vertically even if I set it to landscape mode.

3)For some unknown reason (to me at least) I cannot rotate models in Pep designer. Anyone know why?

Thanks in advance everyone.

I would love to know the answer myself. I, like you, had to end up downloading both Pepakura programs and when I printed out the Halo 3 marine helm, it was all ready properly sized. The thing is the scale factor or whatever is set to 173.11?...

Whew! Okay, first of all, don't worry about that scaling number, it's different for every model, since there's no standard for how large/small you can model things. Just worry about the actual size in mm of the piece.

Secondly, you may have to adjust your printer settings, when you click the print button, next to the printer selection there should be a properties button. In there, there should be a choice between portrait and landscape.

in Designer (at least my version), the button to rotate the model is right click instead of left click. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back