A Film Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackhead09

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Well some of my friends have started up a project of their own and also just for fun. the concept as well as how well i understand it is basically a ODST versus a Jedi, a little random in my opinion but its for entertainment anyway right?

So what we are going to try to do is make 3 ODST suit's each one meant for a different purpose like one for stunt work, one for close ups and the other i cant really remember.

so my question is what should we make the suit from so it can be used for rolls and flips and stuff like that?

and we could use some info on their tactics as to how they operate because the starting scene begins with a squad of ODST's so any info will be nice.

If I recall, the ODST's are based off of the US Special Forces (Airborn, Rangers, SEALs, Recon, etc.), and since I know you are in the military, I'd suggest asking one of those bad boys, provided you run into one.

ive seen several of my ghostbusters friends have stunt packs and traps made from foam. i dont know know much about it at all, but if theres interest i can shoot a few pm's around.

*UPDATE*

ok well here's how the film project is right now

we currently have one ODST helmet a pair of shoulders and a whole front chest pack (thanks to Link4044) ready for fiberglass.

we are good on undersuits, actors, and thanks to Link4044 on his advice for a flexible suit is to use flex foam that is available and i have messed with a piece and it'll work greatly

we have an arsenal ready which includes

1 Battle rifle
1 assault rifle (link's)
1 Spartan laser
2 Pistols (M6 C and G)

what i need is some reference pictures of the drop pods and if some people wanna help on this project or give more advise or just simple questions that need anwsering would be greatly appreciated!

Hey last spartan,

Do you have any links to these urethane rubber materials that will cure properly in a Rebound 25 mold?

Is this what you wanted?

Halo3-ODST_PodConcept-03.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/JKLSKES...dConcept-03.jpg

Halo3-ODST_PodConcept-02.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/JKLSKES...dConcept-02.jpg

Halo3-ODST_PodConcept-01.jpg

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/JKLSKES...dConcept-01.jpg

Yodajammies said:
Hey last spartan,

Do you have any links to these urethane rubber materials that will cure properly in a Rebound 25 mold?

Naw, I think LA guys did a mix between 2 rubbers. Check on youtube, some videos are showing stunt weapon using mixed rubber casting compounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
bit of an update the ODST helmet is finished!

the visor was done with one of those CD carosel pieces of plastic and tinted mirrored gun metal grey and was screwed in the paint job is pending im not sure wether or not to weather it if i do maybe there will be a tut i dunno any way pictures!
IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

and a big thanks to link4044 for the helmet

Hey guys I am the Producer/Director for this film. I just want to tell you that I am willing to listen to any ideas you all might have. I know a lot of people are really skeptical about this production, hell I was at first. But it is really getting intense. It is looking like we will be shooting in roughly 5 1/2 months. We have a lot of people working on it which brings me to this. If any of you want to help in any way if it on set, props or effect after the shoot, anything helps and anybody that helps will get full credit for their contribution. I can't pay but you will get your name in the credits. I have been on the 405th for 2 months and I have learned a lot from this site I plan on giving a special thanks to the 405th and all on it. Myself and Crackhead will keep you updated.

Thank you
Jim

P.S. Thank you again Crackhead you've been a huge help.​

Interesting way to do the visor.. I might have to do that if I ever make an ODST helmet. good luck on your project, guys.

ok some more news we plan on making a warthog for future film projects.

our base is a 1989 (i believe) Jeep cherokee not grand cherokee. and heres the deal an actual 1:1 scale warthog is 20 feet long by 10 feet and ours is about 14 by 5 so i need to do some math and does anyone have some screenies of the the dash and cab detail. and i believe our plan is ery much like peter coopers like strip it down to the bone and give it a welded frame and what not but the plan and harder part is to get this street legal and hopefully get this in for dragoncon and im pretty sure we might need some serious help on this part alone

and anything you wanna see in this film and others post ideas on that too i think were gonna do a marine film too as well a spartan deathmatch ala multiplayer, and some other stuff

hey im probably gonna go to full sail in orlando for college in 2010, if you guys are still in the area and need help in a year i'll be more than happy to help.

This sounds really interesting, my friends and I got into a similar argument about ODST's versus Republic Commandos.

Spartan 035 said:
This sounds really interesting, my friends and I got into a similar argument about ODST's versus Republic Commandos.

come to think of it i know someone whos doing a republic commando suit nearby...

and sure if your here next year we definitley use your help!

Spartan 035 said:
Easy, RC's FTW! That would be really cool too, because they're both elite infantry units (well, the RC's are more like human clone tanks)
Good luck on the movie Crackhead, hope it turns out well

crackhead09 said:
bit of an update the ODST helmet is finished!

the visor was done with one of those CD carosel pieces of plastic and tinted mirrored gun metal grey and was screwed in the paint job is pending im not sure wether or not to weather it if i do maybe there will be a tut i dunno any way pictures!
IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

and a big thanks to link4044 for the helmet

sweet visor work

i thought so i also thought this would anwser some peoples question on something far more complicated and without a vacuum table

OrrionCarn said:
Care to make a tutorial Crackhead? Looks awesome!

Good luck with the movie.

Sigma LS made a tutorial here's his vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL--XCZFGJ8...re=channel_page

Basicl, you get a regular HJC visor, get a heating gun, and heat the area that needs to be bent. Try not to add so much heat. Then bend it after a little while of heat. After than cut a part of it, then put the first half of the cut in, and then adjust the second and seal it in. The video will explain it better.

And i think Crackhead09 use that method?? Or he heated it, ( for the bent sides) then use the "dual layer" method

TSM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back