A good start to 3D modeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toacrabman

I didnt feel like annoying everyone else to make a 3D model like everyone else does, so i did it myself, ive made a shotgun shell, Emile's canister grenade things on his chest, some of the little ammo pouches, Jun's shoulder, (going to redo), and I started with Blender. Didnt make a dang thing, you probably have to take a class on how to use this thing, so i got Google Sketchup, and its easier, but still takes detail and effort. Now im churning out great 3D models for all the little complicate things that people arent requesting, or arent as important for everyone to make, but you still want one when you see it, example, grenade launcher grenade.

I dont think i can do that, also i cant seem to import the models into pepakura because I guess i need some dumb $30 password for pepakura, in order to export and import.

Blender's easy once you get to grips with it. Admittedly the interface can be a little hard to get used to, but once you do, it's amazingly fast.

I am doin awesome at sketchup, so i think i will probly stick with it, cuz its easy, and i dont feel like following 3D modeling as a career, so I would never be good at blender.

I just unfolded my grenade launcher grenade, (one that actually goes in grenade launcher) and how do I post it here?

I just unfolded my grenade launcher grenade, (one that actually goes in grenade launcher) and how do I post it here?

Upload it to an online sharing site such as 4Shared, then copy-paste the download link into a post.

I am doin awesome at sketchup, so i think i will probly stick with it, cuz its easy, and i dont feel like following 3D modeling as a career, so I would never be good at blender.

Blender isn't really designed as a professional modelling tool. Granted, people do *use* it professionally, but it's probably the best entry-level free modelling program once you've gotten used to the control scheme. Honestly, the only things you need are a functioning NUM pad to alter the views, and a recognition of five or six shortcut keys. I might write up a tutorial for Blender to help people.

Now that ive got this found out, all of my model releases and unfold requests will be on my build thread, (all in one place.)

Upload it to an online sharing site such as
Blender isn't really designed as a professional modelling tool. Granted, people do *use* it professionally, but it's probably the best entry-level free modelling program once you've gotten used to the control scheme. Honestly, the only things you need are a functioning NUM pad to alter the views, and a recognition of five or six shortcut keys. I might write up a tutorial for Blender to help people.

Actually blender was a professional model program in the early years then it became open source

About the num pad you do not need one i have been modeling with out on using a laptop go under settings and emulate num pad so you just us the basic numbers

one program I found very easy to use is a program called metaseqouia google it and download it for free, there is a premium version of it but it has features you dont really need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back