A Hard Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbadass

Jr Member
Well im working on my own style of armor. Trying to see if it is possible to have a full suit and be about 90-95% mobile. Due to the fact that the human body has many curves and each person is different it has been challenging to design. I probably wont release the files till I get the kinks worked out due to the fact of i would not like to see ppl waste resources on the parts that dont work right.

Here is my failures on the calf. The calf was 4 inches to long, i had to cut it of and tape it so I could get the right size.

PICT0135.jpg

Front

PICT0137.jpg

Side

PICT0138.jpg

I had to redo the top to make sure it would not dig into the back of the knee when you would sit down.

Then I noticed that the calf was to wide so if you had both right and left calf on and tried to walk you would be very ... penguin like so I slendered down the calf on the next design. The first design was also to big so I made it smaller

PICT0139.jpg

Front

PICT0140.jpg

Side

Newest problem ... to small i had to slit up the back to try and make it fit my leg... I failed. next design.

I did a complete overhaul and added pieces that would move on it. Like a knee shin and above foot and heel kinda thing

PICT0145.jpg

Side

PICT0151.jpg

Front

PICT0148.jpg

Heel

PICT0155.jpg

Here is the bending ability of the toes and heel.

PICT0157.jpg

Here is the shin hinge piece.

PICT0159.jpg

I used a Bic pen tube and a dowel to create the hinge

I understand that alot of these calfs were made porlly. They are just my version of rough draft. Here is what I have so far for my armor I am creating.

armor.jpg

Nice to see some "original" armor here. The shin looks pretty cool BTW. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

I think you should plan on adding a orange visor for the helm but makemore draft copy becuase it needs more improvement!

wow. that's actually a REALLY cool concept for armour ! i'ma watch this thread ! :) and keep up the good work. i look forward to seeing your progress :)

Wow man this looks like its going to be pretty sick. Anyway we could see some concept sketches you have made of the armor so give us a better idea of how it would look when finished?

Oh and are you classing this as a Halo armor or just your own universe?

MissingSpartan7 said:
concept looks good but the shoulders look a bit big and impractical

Three words: Warhammer Space Marine

HARR 18 said:
Dude thats awsome!!! it reminds me of the "bad guy armor" off of time shift...

The alpha suit?

Anyway, suit looks awesome. If you want anyone to help you test-build, I am more than willing. It looks really cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back